GOOD dealer - delivery experience

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm posting my good dealer delivery experience to hopefully assuage the angst of those awaiting delivery and reading bad dealer experiences.

Ditschman Ford, Flemington NJ. Salesman = Fred Kress. (Fred deserves a mention, I don't get anything for this post.)

My 2 door FE arrived on Friday Oct 1. Talked with salesman same day, found out it would take a couple of days to prep, arranged delivery date.

I stopped by the dealership unannounced on Saturday, and found my Bronco locked up inside a service bay (good). Stopped by again 2 days before delivery, 1 day before, and it was nowhere to be found, they stashed it somewhere (again, good.)

Odometer reading at delivery = 13 (so I know it went for a check ride but not customer demos - good)

No surprises at delivery, no springing of ADM. I was in and out in 90 minutes.

Of course no delivery is all butterflies and roses. There were 2 dirt/grease spots on the driver seat, a scuff on the passenger door panel, and a yellow crayon mark on the MIC roof. All taken care of before I drove off. I ordered the DIO wheel locks - they weren't installed. The parts dept had them (with a label with my VIN), and they offered to install them for me but I had to get going so I took the package with me and I'll install myself. Yes, I paid for the dealer to install them and will end up installing myself, but it is a quick fix and I had to go.

All in all, considering it is a new vehicle in 2021, a Bronco, a First Edition - it was a good experience.

For all those awaiting delivery - wishing you a similar good experience, and please know that it. is. worth. the. wait.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping (and am pretty confident) that it'll go like this for me too at my dealer. It looks like mine might finally show up this week, new delivery window on pizza tracker closes on Sunday. If it's a similar good experience I'll create a similar post, it's good to let people know about good dealers. Also more interesting to read than pages and pages of bitching and conspiracies.

Have fun with your Bronco!

OP
OP

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm hoping (and am pretty confident) that it'll go like this for me too at my dealer. It looks like mine might finally show up this week, new delivery window on pizza tracker closes on Sunday. If it's a similar good experience I'll create a similar post, it's good to let people know about good dealers. Also more interesting to read than pages and pages of bitching and conspiracies.

Have fun with your Bronco!
A+++ to you! Yes, please post your experience. There are some good Ford shops still out there and they deserve recognition. My advice to you is be prepared for lots of cars swerving around you looking at the Bronco, and people stopping by your driveway... :)

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. Mine is awaiting a build the week of the 18th (🤞) and I’m with Ditschman too. All these “market adjustment” horror stories started getting me nervous so I appreciate this. Now Ford just needs to build and get mine to NJ!!
Sponsored