Raptor7

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Last night: In Production Date 1/19/22 (and Blend) with estimated delivery date 2/8/22

Today: Delivery pushed back to 5/9/22
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pure guesses:
  1. Delay is real.
  2. Delay is chip related.
  3. This substantial new delay will affect everyone who still hasn't had their Bronco ship, from the un-VINned to those sitting on Ice Mountain.
  4. They still won't get caught up on the other constraints.
Would be nice if I didn't have to guess, but either Ford's Bronco comms team went missing six months ago, or Ford just stopped giving a shit about reservations.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't expect Ford to notify the end customer when a date slips by a week or less.....but when you slip the date by 3 months for a 2021 vehicle now slated for delivery in Q2 of 2022...I believe you owe it to your end customer to give a truthful explanation about what is happening.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are they sitting in a nice dry temp controlled warehouse or factory floor patiently waiting for their chips? No, they are in the sub freezing temps covered with snow (salt from nearby roads?) and bird poop in some dusty lot near Detroit. Oh joy. I got an 'in production' date of 1/18/22 and the module check showed all listed as activated. So I know its put together just sitting and aging. New delivery date is mid May.
Exact same 😞

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Realistic maybe. But the lack of communication is ridiculous. Why are they holding broncos and still producing them. Are they going to hold all between now and April? Something doesn’t add up here.
Sure it does. They pay the union workers whether or not they're building Broncos, so they get some units mostly built with the parts on hand and park them outside in the snow for a few months. As excess parts beyond what is needed to keep the production line running are brought in they plug holes in the parked ones and ship them out with the ones built weeks later.

They've been doing like that for at least a month now. Units built later in the day than mine shipped and got taken home weeks ago, but mine won't leave the "In production" status for at least a couple more weeks while it sits in a snowbank.

I'm glad I didn't opt for a soft top to speed things up.

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't imagine the logistics of installing parts in a post production environment like what we see in the photo. That has to be costing Ford some serious money over line production.

I'm surprised they don't just ship the Broncos to the dealers as is and have the parts installed there when they are available.

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
827977CE-A182-4A08-BED9-08BB78D781C2.jpeg

So Ford is actually being realistic for once. That is the good news. Bad news is that a large group of us from December build dates will not get the 2021 Bronco until APRIL and MAY. Yup. MAY. A large number of broncos built within a 10 day period in December (before 2022s rolled down the line) are sitting at MAP waiting to be completed. And now they have to wait over 5 months to get out the mostly built vehicles.
I ordered in Jan 2021, Still no production schedule. I'm in the APR-MAY club too.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

seems like they are just building broncos with missing chips. Mercedes did the same with their GLE a few years ago. There thousands of GLEs parked all over in different lots in Alabama.

JS77

Big Bend
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is causing the hold up?

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't imagine the logistics of installing parts in a post production environment like what we see in the photo. That has to be costing Ford some serious money over line production.

I'm surprised they don't just ship the Broncos to the dealers as is and have the parts installed there when they are available.
They won't do that because QC occurs at the factory, not the second party owned dealership. Also knowing dealerships, theyll try to sell the Bronco without the missing parts! Lol

libtech

Big Bend
First Name
Libo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A lot of good talking points. What I haven't heard conjectured is, what happens to 'shells' getting built from this point onward? Does the queue keep accumulating until "chips" arrive? Will they slow or stop production some days knowing there is an impossibly missing part bottlenecking completion of all vehicles?

Mwheeler337

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 camaro, bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
827977CE-A182-4A08-BED9-08BB78D781C2.jpeg

So Ford is actually being realistic for once. That is the good news. Bad news is that a large group of us from December build dates will not get the 2021 Bronco until APRIL and MAY. Yup. MAY. A large number of broncos built within a 10 day period in December (before 2022s rolled down the line) are sitting at MAP waiting to be completed. And now they have to wait over 5 months to get out the mostly built vehicles.
How are we not getting some sort of rebate for this horseshit? (Honestly don’t care what anyone has to say who isn’t impacted by this) The idea we’re getting a 2021 in April (best case) because Ford f’ed up is crazy. We need to band together and demand some sort of consideration.
Sponsored