Sponsored

Good news for Blizzak fans (at least for BD trim)

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I was a little bored and after putting winter tires on the focus today, decided to check out if Bridgestone had any blizzaks in the size of the 265/70r17 that is on the BD. Well, to my surprise, they actually have the actual vehicle on their site and the correct sizes. Ive attached some screenshots. Just wanted to show because I thought it was pretty cool and as another sign of its getting closer to it coming out.
Ford Bronco Good news for Blizzak fans (at least for BD trim) 1606529940265

Ford Bronco Good news for Blizzak fans (at least for BD trim) 1606529965754
Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many seasons do winter tires last? At $235+ that is quite a chunk of change. Granted I know Blizzaks are quite well known and reputable.

OP
OP
Trustable

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How many seasons do winter tires last? At $235+ that is quite a chunk of change. Granted I know Blizzaks are quite well known and reputable.
usually 4 to 5, at least for blizzaks. They are super soft when its above 50. Its a lot better than all seasons and it also takes 3-4 months of wear out of your regular tires.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get 4 winters easily.

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as you only use them for winter, they last many years. They get really soft when it warms up outside and wear quickly.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was a little bored and after putting winter tires on the focus today, decided to check out if Bridgestone had any blizzaks in the size of the 265/70r17 that is on the BD. Well, to my surprise, they actually have the actual vehicle on their site and the correct sizes. Ive attached some screenshots. Just wanted to show because I thought it was pretty cool and as another sign of its getting closer to it coming out.

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a huge Blizzak fan, have them on 6 vehicles. Longest set so far was on my Chrysler 06 300c (75k on it now). Got 11 years out of them. Put its second set on in 2017. Wait to put them on until it snows and pull them off once the roads are dry enough. 5 years on my '11 F-150's set and they have 70-75% on them still. We're really lucky to have snow/ice covered roads/highways during the winter so they wear very little.

OP
OP
Trustable

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm a huge Blizzak fan, have them on 6 vehicles. Longest set so far was on my Chrysler 06 300c (75k on it now). Got 11 years out of them. Put its second set on in 2017. Wait to put them on until it snows and pull them off once the roads are dry enough. 5 years on my '11 F-150's set and they have 70-75% on them still. We're really lucky to have snow/ice covered roads/highways during the winter so they wear very little.
Unfortunately in SE michigan it's not consistent at all. it may not snow for 10 days or more, but when it does snow, it will really snow, then it will melt within a week, then repeat that cycle. I'm thinking I get maybe two more seasons out of them. Hoping to move more north, would love to go to the UP, I know they would last a hell of a lot longer up there.

Last edited:

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately in SE michigan it's not consistent at all. it may not snow for 10 days or more, but when it does snow, it will really snow, then it will melt within a week, then repeat that cycle. I'm thinking I get maybe two more seasons out of them. Hoping to move more north, would love to go to the UP, I know they would last a hell of a lot longer up there.

Yeah, I can imagine trying to get useful life out of any dedicated snow tires in most of the lower 48 would be challenging. To me, when its winter it should be white everywhere haha

20201127_145406.jpg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We put them on my moms Focus (she lives in Northern MI) and she is on season 5. We put them on at Thanksgiving and the shop takes them off in late March. I think they will dry rot before they wear out. The car is almost unstoppable in snow unless it high centers and stops/turns way better for sure. She is almost 78 and owns her own business and drives in to work no matter what ? I have found the 3 peak rated tires are better than “not rated” all season and have replaced OEM Michelin tires with Bridgestone “Three Peak” tires with good results in our “warmer” SE MI climate. Hopefully the Good Year Territory tires meet the spec and do well in the snow too. (TFL did a brief Dodge TRX review in the snow with the same tire and reported good performance).
Sponsored

Last edited: