Sponsored

Good news for Bronco ADM: Toyota back to full production in 2021.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/toyota-busts-car-microchip-shortage-200000094.html

I found this on Reddit. I can't speak for the accuracy of this article as I don't have a direct source and haven't seen it corroborated anywhere else.

BUT... if Toyota can take the brunt of hungry 4x4 buyers, Bronco demand and price (increased ADMs) could have some negative pressure.

Perhaps other manufacturers could figure out how they did it as well and repeat the success.

Crossing fingers. I will edit the title if this ends up being inaccurate.
Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/toyota-busts-car-microchip-shortage-200000094.html

I found this on Reddit. I can't speak for the accuracy of this article as I don't have a direct source and haven't seen it corroborated anywhere else.

BUT... if Toyota can take the brunt of hungry 4x4 buyers, Bronco demand and price (increased ADMs) could have some negative pressure.

Perhaps other manufacturers could figure out how they did it as well and repeat the success.

Crossing fingers. I will edit the title if this ends up being inaccurate.
Itā€™s probably because itā€™s Tacoma and 4 runner are such old POSs they donā€™t need any chips lol. Theyā€™re literally a steering wheel and pedal. Anything can be made reliable if itā€™s a 20 year old platform with a 5 speed tranny and no tech lol

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s probably because itā€™s Tacoma and 4 runner are such old POSs they donā€™t need any chips lol. Theyā€™re literally a steering wheel and pedal. Anything can be made reliable if itā€™s a 20 year old platform with a 5 speed tranny and no tech lol
Haha! Exactly the same reason I have a Tacoma and DR650. I like minimal... The Bronco is extravagant compared. It makes me nervous!

Despite that though, I do wonder why the supply changed suddenly enough to return full production.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a backup option, Iā€™m in line to get a 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro. If itā€™s available to me before my Bronco, Iā€™m gonna be real tempted to get it.

Sponsored

Hutch98

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is plenty of tech just depends how much you want to spend same with the Bronco

Hutch98

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a backup option, Iā€™m in line to get a 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro. If itā€™s available to me before my Bronco, Iā€™m gonna be real tempted to get it.
Iā€™ll be picking up an Army green 22 TRD OR loaded mid Dec. Resale values are crazy. Iā€™ll keep my 2 Bronco orders and compare once one of them is built.

Cincykyle1020

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Toyota dealer has an army green 4runner OR incoming. If it arrives before my bronco thatā€™s just sitting with no update, then Iā€™m buying it
Sponsored