Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same as what Stampede posted in the engines thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-i-need-at-least-a-v6.827/page-8#post-17018, but worth spinning off into its own thread.

The link he posted gives a little more detail: https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2020-ford-ranger-raptor-receives-mustang-v8-engine

It sounds like Ford is selling it with the diesel engine and then some local outfit in Australia is swapping in coyotes and you can buy it at a Ford dealer, sort of like the Roush stuff.

The whichcar article claims it "will adhere to OEM durability and safety requirements and be sold through Ford dealers will full five-year warranty protection" but I'm still skeptical it would pass US crash tests, like how the Hemi fits into the wrangler nicely but not with enough room to pass crash tests. This seems like a great workaround though. Curious what the price will be compared to the base.

I've always expected that you'd be able to get a Bronco with a V8 in it eventually, just not straight from Ford. If they can work out a similar deal here where a separate company shoves the V8 into it but you can buy it from the Ford dealer, all the better.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You all do realize that the truck you are talking about is an Australian tuner market only vehicle and in no way means the USA will see such a vehicle. Ford is very popular in Australia and has been for a long time. They make Ford AUS domestic market Falcons still and have not used that name in the usa for 50 years. Lots of v8 muscle cars, but unfortunately an STI there is 60 plus grand or so.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same as what Stampede posted in the engines thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-i-need-at-least-a-v6.827/page-8#post-17018, but worth spinning off into its own thread.

The link he posted gives a little more detail: https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2020-ford-ranger-raptor-receives-mustang-v8-engine

It sounds like Ford is selling it with the diesel engine and then some local outfit in Australia is swapping in coyotes and you can buy it at a Ford dealer, sort of like the Roush stuff.

The whichcar article claims it "will adhere to OEM durability and safety requirements and be sold through Ford dealers will full five-year warranty protection" but I'm still skeptical it would pass US crash tests, like how the Hemi fits into the wrangler nicely but not with enough room to pass crash tests. This seems like a great workaround though. Curious what the price will be compared to the base.

I've always expected that you'd be able to get a Bronco with a V8 in it eventually, just not straight from Ford. If they can work out a similar deal here where a separate company shoves the V8 into it but you can buy it from the Ford dealer, all the better.
Sometimes it seems like there is a chance that the Bronco will be able to check off every box on a dreamer's list. If it does though, the cost could be very high, due to required involvement from companies like Roush or similar.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You all do realize that the truck you are talking about is an Australian tuner market only vehicle and in no way means the USA will see such a vehicle. Ford is very popular in Australia and has been for a long time. They make Ford AUS domestic market Falcons still and have not used that name in the usa for 50 years. Lots of v8 muscle cars, but unfortunately an STI there is 60 plus grand or so.
At least then most of the hard work and parts would be done, for those of us that may end up
buying a wrecked one to build what we really wanted. If just the 2.7 is going to
cost say min 50 grand, then I might just get a ragged out and/or wrecked, 4 banger 2 door
and add coyote/solid axle,, etc....

Would be nice if I could get a beat up "Raptor" or some special edition, as Jersey has collector
registration for cars newer than 25 years old with no emission inspection, (so could swap
what I wanted in), but only for very limited, special editions. Even without that
I think coyote swap would be OK, as long as it had all the emission stuff, but I'd really prefer
a 398 Windsor.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Uncle Gump

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Of course I knew that...

I also know that they have had a Ranger for many years and the US market didn't. We do now. I also know that not many people know what is coming in the Bronco and certainly not the next Gen Ranger. So I prefer to remain optimistic. It's just my nature.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Ford Australia is doing this because Ford US won't be making the Bronco in RHD, so it's kind of an "up yours" to head office.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Australia is doing this because Ford US won't be making the Bronco in RHD, so it's kind of an "up yours" to head office.

They should make it because they could sell it here for the rural postal carriers. In my area they all use right hand drive Wranglers.LOL

….. sorry off topic.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford follows the same route with the 4.8 as the 7.3 (cam in block), I would expect it to easily fit in the Ranger/Bronco bay. An engine sized close enough to 289 cubic inches to badge it as such on a Bronco reboot? There has to have been at least a few discussions on that in the marketing and engineering meetings. We might yet be surprised on the engine choices. 2.3 goes head to head with Wrangler and 4Runner, so that is a given. 2.7/3.0 on the high performance version(s), and maybe the "289" on some sort of 'Heritage Edition'. A man can dream, can't he?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait.... you're saying the Internet lied to me?!
Hahaha.
I’m one of the biggest dreamers on here for a V8 bronco, multiple sources close to Ford have said it ain’t happening but I’m going to keep dreaming until FORD says to stop.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hahaha.
I’m one of the biggest dreamers on here for a V8 bronco, multiple sources close to Ford have said it ain’t happening but I’m going to keep dreaming until FORD says to stop.
Yup.. Big dreamer here too.
Sponsored