First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if I should believe this or not.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

40 MIC a day is ridiculous. No way that can be right. For any mass production vehicles that isn't enough to meet demand. And how can the manufacturer stay in business, cover over head and pay it's employees only making 40 a day. That can't be right.
It's coming from multiple sources inside and or associated with the plant. Ford has taken some pretty aggressive action to resolve, but there are you going to go right now as an alternative?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So do we have a Webasto insider on this forum? I'm more curious about their situation and production than I am about Ford at this point. That seems to be a lot of the issue. Is Ford exploring another hard top vendor or are they locked into a contract with Webasto? I look at contracts a lot in my job and there's usually a way to get out of that if the vendor can't deliver on time. Either that or pay hefty liquidated damages fines. There are a couple Webasto specific threads but they haven't been updated in a while. Who's got the scoop on this place and can give us a dedicated thread on updates for this company?
I think we have a couple of folks from the plant. They can't report or publicly comment on those things that are confidential, but they occasionally comment or clarify on the rumors. To be fair to Webasto, I don't think anyone is able to hire or ramp much right now. They are offering $17+$3 Covid pay right now and can't hire to fill spots.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately the bottleneck is going to be Webasto producing MIC tops. Currently they can only produce up to 40 in a day and that’s only on a good day 😆.
40 ?????????? Really ??????????????

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now they will be able to churn out those 2.3 base 4 door soft tops.

Yippee!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, at this point I would consider this a force majeure situation. I think Ford would be well off to offer people that ordered MIC tops a soft-top and a discount towards accessories or something.
Then there would be a similar issue of not enough soft tops available. Ford, all makers for that matter need to start producing more of their own "parts", parts from USA companies AND, have more parts stock on hand....running a factory as a tight oiled machine can no longer be done. Time to warehouse parts as much as possible.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
40 a day and 22 working days a month is almost a thousand tops a month. Ford can't build more than a thousand Broncos a month, can they?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we have a couple of folks from the plant. They can't report or publicly comment on those things that are confidential, but they occasionally comment or clarify on the rumors. To be fair to Webasto, I don't think anyone is able to hire or ramp much right now. They are offering $17+$3 Covid pay right now and can't hire to fill spots.
That's because the Gov is paying people so much to sit home no one wants to work, we have the same issue out here. Hundreds of jobs paying $17-21 an hour going unfilled because people are making that much at home.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's because the Gov is paying people so much to sit home no one wants to work, we have the same issue out here. Hundreds of jobs paying $17-21 an hour going unfilled because people are making that much at home.
Exactly, but the last time I brought that fact up, it was deleted. Why can't we address one of the many elephants in the room?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco MAP Rumored to Add a Third Production Shift in Q4 Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 1.33.25 PM

On their jobs/careers page. I lol'd.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So was Webasto a fully functioning and employee stocked company prior to the boogie man virus? They appear to be just another global corporation that produces multiple commodities. Is it another example of employees staying home because they pull down more from the government from special unemployment while virus restrictions remain in place?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3rd shift only helps if commodity constraints lessen.
Sponsored