First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where do you think would be a good place to mount a hi-lift jack?

Jeeps use the windshield fold down points on the hood to mount a hi-lift. Would this work on a Bronco or would somewhere else be better?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where do you think would be a good place to mount a hi-lift jack?

Jeeps use the windshield fold down points on the hood to mount a hi-lift. Would this work on a Bronco or would somewhere else be better?
Most have no idea until the reveal. Then the aftermarket will come up with mounts for every imaginable position.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Jack Of Death... Bottle jack to get the axle up if needed... much safer/easier. If using the Hi-Lift to get unstuck get this https://arbusa.com/recovery/arb-jack/ MUCH safer and stable. I would like to try one of this https://bushranger.com.au/product/x-jack/

I just don't see the purpose of a Hi Lift today. New trucks flex so much that it is almost impossible to get it in the air high enough to get the tire off the ground. This is coming from someone who DID use a Hi Lift as a come along for 40' in a peat bog. I was stuck all night and it was the only option. Birdseye Gulch, Leadville Colorado.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jack Of Death... Bottle jack to get the axle up if needed... much safer/easier. If using the Hi-Lift to get unstuck get this https://arbusa.com/recovery/arb-jack/ MUCH safer and stable. I would like to try one of this https://bushranger.com.au/product/x-jack/

I just don't see the purpose of a Hi Lift today. New trucks flex so much that it is almost impossible to get it in the air high enough to get the tire off the ground. This is coming from someone who DID use a Hi Lift as a come along for 40' in a peat bog. I was stuck all night and it was the only option. Birdseye Gulch, Leadville Colorado.
If all you can afford is a hi lift or you got one free 12 years ago like i did, they are still handy. Winch, jack, jaws of life, unhook your axld from a log, use the spine or the handle to repair axlez or linkages. There is so much that can be done with one. I used one the other day to level a cabin.
Mine has lived 90% of its days since i got it used outdoors in ohio and hawaii.

My vote for mounting it is taken apart put everything but the spine in your recovery tools area, and make a couple bracket and rubber isolators to bolt the spine somewhere out of the way. And dont forget to get a lil oil off the dipstick to lube it up before use!

I also keep a bottle jack and chunk of wood for other situation. Bottle jacks and high lifts can be used together to make a roadside press great for u joints and stuck calipers

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I remember a few months ago I thought The tie downs on the hood would be a good spot. But that would probably obscure your view too much while driving. Other options I see on a lot of rigs is on a custom tire mount.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember a few months ago I thought The tie downs on the hood would be a good spot. But that would probably obscure your view too much while driving. Other options I see on a lot of rigs is on a custom tire mount.
I think the hood tie points are too far apart? Tire mounts is a pretty common choice.

OP
OP
Rivers90

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The tie down points at the front of the hood do look like natural places to mount something, Jeeps mount all kinds of stuff on the hood, or around it on the exposed bolts it has. maybe lighting could be mounted there or a tie in to a grill guard.

I wonder how strong the tailgate is, could it take the weight of a high-lift?

Maybe a place on the roof rack would work, but what would you do with the top off?

The mirrors being on the fenders may make good places to mount lights, but would be too far apart for a hi-lift.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Remember, the Bronco has Aluminum body panels, the ability of the hood having the structural strength for mounting accessories has yet to be determined.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also forgot my hi lift mount on my first cj was mounted inside on the rear part of a roll bar extension i made. So over the cargo area basically but inside.

Sorry i have no pics, my hard drive got tossed by mother in law.

OP
OP
Rivers90

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remember, the Bronco has Aluminum body panels, the ability of the hood having the structural strength for mounting accessories has yet to be determined.
That is a good point, the Aluminum body panels may limit mounting options for a lot of things, lights antennas, over-landing gear (rooftop tents, water).
But there may be ways around it, A friends jeep has a roof rack that mounts to the door hinges so it can stay on with the top off.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Rugged Ridge will create a different version of this for the Bronco hinges:
Ford Bronco Good place to mount hi-lift jack? F544D5D9-A507-45E9-86E4-01F5E878354C

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, haven’t seen any out there yet. Any of you guys aware of hi lift jack mounts for the bronco?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

….while you’re at it think hard about jacking points on a Bronco.

A good bottle jack will be in my Bronco.
The HighLift gets used for pulling T-posts on the farm.

Big Jim

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 2 hi lift jacks. They are sitting in my garage collecting dust
Sponsored