First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everytime dude hit the gas he was just like Dr Jones. Giddy as a schoolboy!
3-zzY49iN7AAAAA?w=155&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg
Sponsored

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I'm going to like the 2dr with manual. This video helps confirm that. Also, a Base with 33" BFG ATs will be just fine. Can't wait to see one in person even if mine won't be here until March +/-. 11/28 reservation, 3/19 order, Base 2dr 2.3L manual, VB.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That front camera is sweet!!
My question is, will the 2.3 performance pack tune make it feel about the same as a 2.7?

If so, I will go manual without hesitation.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best video to date (IMO) that details the manual 6MT with Crawler Gear. FWIW - I think he does a very good job describing the character of various manual transmissions in different types of cars/trucks.

I am still not sure whether to get a Badlands with 33's or Big Bend with Sasquatch.....? Can't wait to drive one & I would not even consider the Bronco if it were not offered in a manual.

Thanks for sharing, great video. If I was going 2dr I would definitely take the MT for the fun of it! It's gonna be perfect when they pair it to the 2.7L šŸ˜‚

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent! I think Iā€™ve watched them all (not that many out there), and this one is definitely the best Iā€™ve seen. Between the test drive I did the other day on a 4dr Badlands, with the stick, and this video, I canā€™t wait to get mine! Also keeping my eyes open for the first 2.3/7MT running with a tune! Also, seems to be one of the first reviewers to spend a decent amount of time testing out the B&O systemā€¦ and he digs it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love seeing another manual review. I messed with a prepro manual that was shown at a dealer and absolutely felt the similarity between the shifter of that and my Fiesta ST. Maybe .25-.5ā€ longer throw but still felt like a solid, responsive box. It definitely isnā€™t like a direct linkage (a la corvette, STI, etc) but still has a decent amount of shifter feel. Definitely happy that the power feels adequate and like he said Iā€™m sure a 2.3l could easily be tuned to match the power of the 2.7l. As he said a PHEV w/ manual would be the best but basically 0 shot that happens.
Good to know. We have an ST and was wondering how this worked.
I believe on the Bronco itā€™s been mentioned that it plays through the speakers. Unlike the Fiesta & Focus ST which have a tube running from the intake to the firewall that can be capped off. Iā€™m sure someone will find a way to disable it through FORScan though as things develop.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has there been any reviews on the 2.3 auto? Only videos Iā€™m seeing are for the MT.

OP
OP
manualT

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i thought it was really interesting that he said that he enjoys shifting the bronco better than the JL wrangler. I love the gearbox in my wrangler - it's made by aisin and its a quality transmission and gearbox.

I was super pumped when i heard him say that he liked the bronco's even better. He even compared it to the focus st gearbox, which i absolutely loved when i had it. awesome video!
I was hoping the Gearbox would feel like my old Focus RS. Also, I subscribe to this reviewer on YouTube and he really liked the Wrangler manual and when he says the Bronco gearbox was better and was heel/toeing it had me wanting the manual Bronco after sort of being on the fence for a bit. I am just a diehard manual person and a good gear box is at the top of my list. The Focus ST and RS boxes were great!!

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Besides the obvious rattle from the front seat (easily solvable I presume), he also responded to one of the comments that the top was rattling a bit too. After the WT used on the two Canadian videos, this is another hard top with rattles. I'm just hoping these are rare cases as opposed to being the norm.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent! I think Iā€™ve watched them all (not that many out there), and this one is definitely the best Iā€™ve seen. Between the test drive I did the other day on a 4dr Badlands, with the stick, and this video, I canā€™t wait to get mine! Also keeping my eyes open for the first 2.3/7MT running with a tune! Also, seems to be one of the first reviewers to spend a decent amount of time testing out the B&O systemā€¦ and he digs it!
Can you give your view point on the Badlands 4 door w/ manual you tested. I was wondering if all that weight of the beast does well with the 2.3.

Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really excited for the upcoming Off-Roadeo event and hoping I can actually drive a MT, this video is definitely further establishing my preference for the MT. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
manualT

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Part 2 - Winter - 4door

Sponsored