Sponsored

Goodyear Territory M/T's...Everything you want to know!

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I think the whole roll out has been a mess. Prototypes with options we can not get. The orders be filled in reservation order now with changes with include a formula based in sales, reservations converted to orders and Jeeps in your market. The worst interior color for the FE. Mike Lavine tweeting so much mis information. Delays in the B&P. No manual for the Sasquatch from the being. No retro colors. Top colors.

So much of the negative things that have happened could have been addressed with honest communication from Ford.

They learned nothing from the botched Explorer roll out.
I totally agree with you.
Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lots of confusion on the Goodyear Territory M/T that comes on the Sasquatch package.

Here's a very informative video on that tire with Goodyear representatives.

The Goodyear Territory M/T was developed for higher end, off-road niche vehicles. The construction of those tires are customized and tuned for each OEM vehicle they will go on, to include the Bronco. (the Ram TRX will also get this tire, but it's customized/tuned for that truck specifically, just like the Bronco)

The Territory M/T is a "maximum terrain", per Goodyear rep. They developed this tire to get you to work during the weekdays and out where you want to go on the weekends.

It's designed as an all-season tire and should do great in the snow.

Here is a link to a video with the Gooodyear reps with the above info. It's long, but very informative. Specifically, 12:10 and after has some great info. Watch the entire video though to get a better understanding of why & how this tire was developed. Enjoy!

Thank you sir for educating us! We need more of this

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and what does 3 peak mean? Excellent performance? I’d imagine they still wouldnt compete with a true snow tire though, right?
Never owned a snow tire but both WA and OR allow for use of "traction tires" in place of chains when chains are "required". WA allows M+S or 3 peak rating instead of chains but OR requires 3 peak symbol. Not sure what if any a snow tire has on it.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lots of confusion on the Goodyear Territory M/T that comes on the Sasquatch package.

Here's a very informative video on that tire with Goodyear representatives.

The Goodyear Territory M/T was developed for higher end, off-road niche vehicles. The construction of those tires are customized and tuned for each OEM vehicle they will go on, to include the Bronco. (the Ram TRX will also get this tire, but it's customized/tuned for that truck specifically, just like the Bronco)

The Territory M/T is a "maximum terrain", per Goodyear rep. They developed this tire to get you to work during the weekdays and out where you want to go on the weekends.

It's designed as an all-season tire and should do great in the snow.

Here is a link to a video with the Gooodyear reps with the above info. It's long, but very informative. Specifically, 12:10 and after has some great info. Watch the entire video though to get a better understanding of why & how this tire was developed. Enjoy!

Ok, add another $695 to my Badlands!

I'm definitely getting the $995 rim upgrade and was going to stick with standard 33" TA KO2s, but I prefer the looks of the 33" Territory. Now I know they'rre custom designed to this vehicle, I'm ready to fork over the extra $695.

Goodyear Territory 315/70R17 - Sasquatch
Goodyear Territory 285/70R17 - Badlands opt ($695), only available w/opt Badlands beadlock rims ($995). Total $1690

Ford Bronco Goodyear Territory M/T's...Everything you want to know! Badlands opt rim and tire

Ford Bronco Goodyear Territory M/T's...Everything you want to know! Badlands opt rim and tire 2

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Being that they are specially tuned for the Bronco I wonder how easy it will be to order new ones? How would you know if your getting the exact Good year Territory that was made for the Bronco vs the TRX? Unless you just keep getting your replacements at your Ford dealer. But what if you go to a Jack Williams tire center or some other place?

Hopefully Good year has them labeled for each specific vehicle.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Being that they are specially tuned for the Bronco I wonder how easy it will be to order new ones? How would you know if your getting the exact Good year Territory that was made for the Bronco vs the TRX? Unless you just keep getting your replacements at your Ford dealer. But what if you go to a Jack Williams tire center or some other place?

My gut says the tuning for the Bronco is 'remove the 'Wrangler' from the mold and use the new OEM tire mold that knocks a 1/16" of the tread depth..

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

My replacement tires will be Cooper.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do this for sports cars already. It’s no big deal. Go on tire rack for instance and they will have two identical tires in model and size but one may have a Porsche designation. Ford did this also with the GT350 tires. Their are subtle differences in the full designated tire number like a 102 vs a 104 at the end. This is for the rubber compound where one would be a bit softer than the other. A good tire place or your dealer will know the specific one to put on there.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
tirerack will sell them and it is already on their site. Btw the TRX runs an AT territory and the bronco runs a MT territory.

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol branded on a tire's sidewall indicates the tire meets required performance criteria in snow testing to be considered severe snow service-rated. Originally used as a designation for winter tires, the 3PMSF symbol is now featured on some all-season and all-terrain tires with snow performance that meets the testing criteria.

• Testing measures a tire's acceleration traction on medium-packed snow only. Braking and turning on snow, along with ice traction are not components of the test.
  • Tires branded with the 3PMSF symbol are expected to provide improved snow traction beyond a standard M+S branded all-season tire.
Only tests acceleration, not braking.
yup. Still need snow tires.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only tests acceleration, not braking.
yup. Still need snow tires.
Most 3PMSF tires are perfectly fine in the snow. Obviously snow tires are better, but not needed for most driving. I hope the new GY is good enough in the snow to get the 3PMSF designation.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, add another $695 to my Badlands!

I'm definitely getting the $995 rim upgrade and was going to stick with standard 33" TA KO2s, but I prefer the looks of the 33" Territory. Now I know they'rre custom designed to this vehicle, I'm ready to fork over the extra $695.

Goodyear Territory 315/70R17 - Sasquatch
Goodyear Territory 285/70R17 - Badlands opt ($695), only available w/opt Badlands beadlock rims ($995). Total $1690

Ford Bronco Goodyear Territory M/T's...Everything you want to know! Badlands opt rim and tire 2

Why in the B&P when you switch from the 285/70R17 ATs to the 285/70R17 MTs the MTs look way bigger like they are switching it to the squach tires

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As with all OEM tires, in the long run this comes down to cost and longevity. My experience with OEM tires has been they wear quickly (like twice as fast) and cost more.

If the Territory MTs last as long as the Duratracs and cost about the same - then great. If they are like the Jeep JK OEM KMs and last 25000 miles (and are noisy as hell) - then no.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why in the B&P when you switch from the 285/70R17 ATs to the 285/70R17 MTs the MTs look way bigger like they are switching it to the squach tires
The program puts in the Squatch 35" territory's incorrectly. You can see there is a gap between tire and rim where you can see the background. It's an annoying glitch!
Sponsored