Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think a lot of people are missing the fact that the Sasquatch package also includes 4.70 gears. Putting 35's on a non-sasq is going to bog down acceleration cuz the gearing is too high. Go get a quote to get a truck re-geared and it's a couple thousand bucks. Also sasq comes with lockers front and rear! $5K is great deal for all that IMHO!
Plus the fact that it's not as simple as re gearing, the front diff is a clamshell design so the whole axle would have to be dropped and split.

DannyBoy83

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is C rated.
Yeah I know it's C rated. Question is, is it triple side walled.

For example in the Toyo Open Country line the AT3 is double side walled and the CT, RT and MT are triple side walled (regardless of ply rating) which gives greater protection from side wall cuts.

I checked Goodyear website and no info about the side wall layers. Just wondering if anyone has seen any specs about that.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I know it's C rated. Question is, is it triple side walled.

For example in the Toyo Open Country line the AT3 is double side walled and the CT, RT and MT are triple side walled (regardless of ply rating) which gives greater protection from side wall cuts.

I checked Goodyear website and no info about the side wall layers. Just wondering if anyone has seen any specs about that.
Here is what's in the wild, no ply rating listed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+Territory+MT

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if the GY Territory MT is triple side-walled???
Triple sidewall is nothing but marketing hype. There are no set thickness or composition specifications for sidewalls. A "triple" sidewall can possibly be thinner and less durable than a "double".

DannyBoy83

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Triple sidewall is nothing but marketing hype. There are no set thickness or composition specifications for sidewalls. A "triple" sidewall can possibly be thinner and less durable than a "double".
OK...
I love how peeps on this forum like to talk but have to examples to back up their claims.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goodyear in their video says MT stands for Maximum Traction.

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I will be sticking with the 285 bfg ko2 at's that come on the badlands. They are twice as aggressive as the "MT" goodyear's that cost $900 more, and a much better tire.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ok
There are Territory tires made for other OE vehicles. The version for the Bronco is likely different than the same tire made for a different truck. Most likely to do with ride and handling. Traction performance among them will likely all be the same.
I'm definitely feeling like the $4500 Squatch option on my Badlands is looking more and more like a huge ripoff.
yes - the non-Bronco sized one on Tire Rack says Tread Design "B", whereas the two Bronco sizes says Tread Design “A”.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK...
I love how peeps on this forum like to talk but have to examples to back up their claims.
Do some research. There is not an industry standard for sidewall construction. Your 3-Ply sidewall may actually not be as strong or durable than another manufacturers 2-Ply. What are the plys made from? How thick are the layers? 3 does not automatically mean it is better. Spend a little time in the off-road racing world and you can learn a lot. Cut open a few tires and look at the cross section. Let me know what you find.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that the Sasquatch package also includes 4.70 gears. Putting 35's on a non-sasq is going to bog down acceleration cuz the gearing is too high. Go get a quote to get a truck re-geared and it's a couple thousand bucks. Also sasq comes with lockers front and rear! $5K is great deal for all that IMHO!
not with the A10, also your statement is a little off as a base BL gets all that minus the 4.70 for the A10 but gets it with the manual option.

DannyBoy83

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not with the A10, also your statement is a little off as a base BL gets all that minus the 4.70 for the A10 but gets it with the manual option.
I don't know what the A10 is.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m leaning toward these as a replacement. Still keep the 315 size tire on the squatch package. But a replacement for the stock wheels.

https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-at-plus/

This tread should be a much more road friendly design. Do well in the wet, and can still get some traction off road.
Sponsored