First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was a helpful video and a pretty good review.
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a good amount of siphoning but the large blocks and valleys makes them look like they'll get packed out fairly quickly compared to something like a Conti DWS or General Altimax.
That’s how snow tires work, you don’t want the treads to evacuate, you want them to fill, snow sticks better to snow than rubber!

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sure I’ve read it somewhere and forgot; but what really extra are you getting with a Sasquatch pkg on Badlands as compared to the Badlands on 33’s?
-Beadlock capable wheels
-Goodyear tires that are 1.65” larger in diameter than the KO2’s
-.827” of additional ground clearance
-1cm (I believe it was) less suspension travel
-4.7 Rear Axle
Is there any actual lift that I’ve overlooked or is it just the height gained from the larger tires? I’ve got a BlackSquatch on order but thinking of just doing the Badlands on 33’s and then doing a lift and aftermarket wheels and tires and selling the stock wheels and tires. Surely I could get at least $1000 out of the factory wheels and tires....which makes the actual cost of getting Squatch on a Badlands more like $3500 instead of $2500
I think manual on BL you get the 4.7 gears, so if you're going manual, just wheels and tires.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m sure I’ve read it somewhere and forgot; but what really extra are you getting with a Sasquatch pkg on Badlands as compared to the Badlands on 33’s?
-Beadlock capable wheels
-4.7 Rear Axle
Is there any actual lift that I’ve overlooked or is it just the height gained from the larger tires? I’ve got a BlackSquatch on order but thinking of just doing the Badlands on 33’s and then doing a lift and aftermarket wheels and tires and selling the stock wheels and tires. Surely I could get at least $1000 out of the factory wheels and tires....which makes the actual cost of getting Squatch on a Badlands more like $3500 instead of $2500
Where in the world did you come up with .827” of additional ground clearance, thats a new one?

So as not to derail this tire thread, you can ask lift questions at the latest lift thread.

What size lift does Sasquatch equate to?

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
-Beadlock capable wheels
-4.7 Rear Axle
Sas does have a lift, look at the overland build with 35" km3s, it's a BL without SAS. The tires don't fit at all and it is barely drivable with out heavy trimming.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, I am sticking with KO2s or putting Duratracs on when the first set wears out.

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm waiting for the Mall Terrain jokes. Isn't it maximum traction or something?
Mud terrain, mall terrain, it's all the same🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very curious to see how I like these compared to my MTR's w/ Kevlar. I am on my second set of the MTR's and I love them. They have never given me an issue and I got decent mileage out of them for an aggressive tire. I would have tried Duratrac's, but they didn't come in a 35x12.50r15.

From the video, these tires look more in line with the Duratrac's so I am excited to give them a shot and hopefully we won't all be disappointed!
what kind of mileage we talking?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what kind of mileage we talking?
I left them on for about 55k, but they should have been replaced around 45-50k. I didn't because I wasn't doing a lot of driving in general by the time they were pretty much worn, and I could avoid driving completely if the weather was bad. Once I needed to do more driving again, I didn't hesitate to get another set.

Obviously mileage will vary based on road conditions, tire pressure, weather, etc., but I was pleased.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bet if it makes $$ for him he will get behind the Territories.

And I don't care the political talk about Goodyear.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Math:
r = d/2
Math:
A lift is much more involved than just tire size including shock/damper height, spring rate, bump stops, and so on. You're going by tire diameter alone, you only gain one half of the difference, or the amount of radius, from the center hub to the ground. So the amount of lift contribution from a 33" to a 35" tire is 1", or .85" based on true tire size.
Actually - when we did the calcs we came out with

Did a bunch of calculations around this a while back, and came out with Badlands suspension (not tires) being .6" higher than non-Squatch base - OB, and Squatch suspension being 1.2" higher than non-Squatch base - OB or .6" higher than Badlands.

Since then: Ford reps have said the Badlands Suspension and the Sasquatch High Lift Suspension have the exact same coilovers, the only difference being the Sasquatch having a 10mm spacer to limit up travel.
The initial calc estimates are missing two things: actual territory measurements and any height difference of mod vs MIC top. The measurements taken at KoH showed no difference between Squatch and non-Squatch Badlands between hub and flare. At this point I am figuring they are pretty much the same, and vehicle weight will make up any variations.

Jeep by the way is very non-descriptive of the difference in height between Rubicon and Sport suspensions too. Probably because legal told them if they say it is an inch, and a customer compares a fully loaded Rubicon with a soft top stripped Sport it will be like 1/4”, that’s a no-no.

Marketing wants to declare a difference - they may even want a difference /accounting says no: you only get two options / legal says you can’t commit to any numbers because every build will be slightly different.
Sponsored