First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just returned from the Bronco Offrodeo in Austin (Horseshoe Bay-Grey Wolf Ranch) this past weekend. Enjoyed the Bronco experience drivng some awesome offroad trails and several hellacious rock wall climbs. The GY MT 315/70R17s on the Sasquatch 2 dr Outer Banks I drove - tires inflated to 30lbs provided awesome traction on mud and rock crawling. Really soft tires, definite could see tire degradation after day filled with rock climbing. If rock crawling or mud is your primary Bronco interest, you'll love these tires.

As for me, these tires are coming off as soon as I take my Bronco delivery later this month. The GY MT 315/70R17 tires aren't 3PMSF rated tires and based on tread patterning and lack of siping will be poor performers on wet/snow/ice traction. Do your own research, but looks like the best tires for all around performance and maxing out for wet/snow/ice are the General Grabber ATX. I may even size down to the 285/70/R17 for all around performance required in winter driving in West Texas (Lubbock) and mountain in SE New Mexico (Ruidoso/Alto).

The General Grabber ATX will surprise you but go to tirerack.com and compare against KO2 and Falken Wildpeak. The ATX is clear winner in spec comparison and reviews.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm only about 250 miles in on mine, but I'm happy with them so far, on road only though, no trails anywhere near. They do love to collect rocks though, as if it's their business. I drove a couple gravel roads and picked out quite some little rocks at every stop.
But on road, very little road noise (and I'm a soft top) and good grip, no complaints. I'll only be able to hit trails occasionally, when I have time to drive to them, but expect them to be just fine for what I'll be doing, not going into rock gardens anytime soon with my expensive new ride. If I lived closer to trails I'd have some dedicated beat up built thing where I don't care about dings and scratches.
But so far I'm pleasantly surprised by these tires, we'll see how well they hold up.
I also like the Badsquatch wheels just fine, not something I ever paid much attention to, so for now all that stays stock.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So i'm sure you all recall the story about how Ford made GoodYear remove the Wrangler branding from the outside of the tire, but allowed GY to place it on the inside. So I was underneath mine trying to snap a picture of the 2.7L pulley/hose interference issue. Couldn't get a good pic of that, but finally saw the Wrangler branding and had a little chuckle. Ford was not kidding when they wanted that hidden, the "WRANGLER TERRITORY MT" branding is tiny!

Ford Bronco Goodyear Territory MT Review (Sasquatch tire) IMG_0421

Oh yeah, that dirt on the inside of the rim is all from Dirt Mountain :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if yall have seen this yet but I just found this review of the Territory MT which is found on squatched broncos and many other new offroad style vehicles. Seems like a decent street tire but nothing to write home about. It seems odd that ford went with this tire considering ford is already using 315/70/17s KO2s on the raptor which seem to be more offroad capable while also being very good for street use.

Yep, passed this over for Falken AT3Ws. Good catch. I went and looked up what was the squatch tire and ...

Bandit958

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 Bronco, 2021 F150 4x4 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to get the Goodyears off mine as soon as poosible. They do perform great in sand at the dunes but can't live with the stones. Only live a 1/4 mile down gravel, but they fill stones and shoot
them out when you get up to speed. Only have 1250 miles on her but already have quite of few stone chips. (n)

Sponsored

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m confused because I think they’re mud tires but when I google them it says all terrain and can use in mud. I just want to know because we’re going up to the snow this weekend

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m confused because I think they’re mud tires but when I google them it says all terrain and can use in mud. I just want to know because we’re going up to the snow this weekend
They are not mud tires. "MT" is a marketing trick here that stands for "multi-terrain". They will be fine in some snow.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are an AT. Mud tire treads are more aggressive and typically has larger lugs with larger gaps between them.

When you say “going up to the snow” you mean “on snow covered roads” or “cross country”?

On the road you should be fine with these (Bronco in 4A).

Offroad, you’ll want to air them WAY down for best performance (assuming you or somebody in your group has on-board air so you can air up at the end of the trail)

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MT is a misprint, shoulda been GT for "Gravel Thrower". lol

I haven't driven in snow so much. The Snail Trail 4x4 podcast just recently talked about how different kinds of snow (more icy, more wet, fluffy and dry, etc.) require/perform differently. I wouldn't expect the Territories to be good but probably won't be awful.

I would guess you might want to air down a little to increase contact patch, but how far I don't know. Note that they are rated down to about 15psi, you don't want to go far below that or you might lose the bead. Not knowing, I would probably go to 20-25psi.

@popo_patty or @swooshdave might be able to help though, I think they both deal with snow a lot.
Sponsored