broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you who have the territory. How do you like them and how do they compare to other AT tires you have had?
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ran them for about 10 days before I put my snow tires on. Only have experience on ice/snow. They surprised me in being much better than expected traction wise.

20211113_141622.jpg

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s encouraging. I am hoping they are on the same level of KO2 in the snow which is pretty decent for an all season / AT tire.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the highway at 70 mph they are smooth and just a little noise......or is that the roof?
The little off road we did was loose dirt a short stretch of mud and some loose rock.
They seemed in that short test to be grippy and suitable. Below 50mph very little noise.

But, the thing that concerns me is the light weight and watching a couple video tests where the un-mounted Territory was being pushed and squeezed by hand. It appears to be a soft tire. This most likely contributes to the nice on road ride. This concerns me because I live on gravel roads and plan to drive on very rough rocky roads. I think the tire may get cuts and punctures more easily than we want. The tires I know will hold up weigh 15-20 pounds more per tire.

If I lived in town and just drove maintained gravel roads, I would keep them and be happy.
So for many people they are a suitable tire.

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Traction wise these are great, dry and wet roads some of the better gripping A/T tires around. Off road in snow excellent, and our street is a sheet of ice here and I'm not gonna say these are great on ice but they're almost as good as the dedicated snow tires we have on our other vehicles. The thing I don't like about them is how much dirt and rocks they pick up and throw everywhere. For my next tires I'll be switching back to Falken Wildpeak AT3s in the 10 ply. The Falkens are the best all around tire from my experience, if I had to have only one set of tires it would 100% be Wildpeaks.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Traction wise these are great, dry and wet roads some of the better gripping A/T tires around. Off road in snow excellent, and our street is a sheet of ice here and I'm not gonna say these are great on ice but they're almost as good as the dedicated snow tires we have on our other vehicles. The thing I don't like about them is how much dirt and rocks they pick up and throw everywhere. For my next tires I'll be switching back to Falken Wildpeak AT3s in the 10 ply. The Falkens are the best all around tire from my experience, if I had to have only one set of tires it would 100% be Wildpeaks.
But super heavy unlike the Territory which are super light. Unsprung weight is important

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do the falklens AT3 compare to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers? They look similar.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree on the rocks. I drove down some fire roads that were gravel and they picked up everything. On the way home on the highway, they were slinging rocks everywhere. I literally had to pry out all the rocks when I got home. Much rather have a mud tire, but then there is the noise factor. And as you know it, karma happened. My windshield got hit by a rock and cracked... šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But super heavy unlike the Territory which are super light. Unsprung weight is important
Yes unstrung weight is important but donā€™t forget about much less rotational weight. Thatā€™s what must be overcome during acceleration and braking. Ford was smart to put these on the Bronco thereby enhancing its road manners as this is where most all of the miles will come from. Probably not the best off road tire.
Yes they may pickup and throw rocks but so do my all season street truck tires. You canā€™t have it all.

Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Light weight, Strong, Inexpensive.

You can only have 2 of the 3 at one time.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do the falklens AT3 compare to the Nitto Ridge Grapplers? They look similar.
I haven't tried the Nittos but they look like they're a bit more mud terrain focused but sport being an all terrain? Seem to have good reviews as well.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True but I'll sacrifice a little bit of weight for the durability, this isn't a sports car after all.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having only driven them in the Nevada Off Roadeo and for an hour test drive I thought they felt good. They are only a 2 ply tire so yes they do run a higher risk of cutting especially on the sidewalls. They have excellent traction with even moderate airing down, say 25 lbs which is what we had at off roadeo. The circuit we drove was mid level in terms of aggression and Iā€™d guess it could have been rated a 6 or 7 of 10. On road they feel really good but I do think they pickup rocks a bit more than some tires. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Ram and theyā€™re beastly heavy. Of course Iā€™m also running 37,s on 17ā€ Icon rims. I think thatā€™s about a 120# combination and it is quite noticeable, the rolling unsprung weight that is. Iā€™m going to run them and possible switch out after theyā€™re done. But I wouldnā€™t run the Falkens. I think theyā€™re not so good in side bite and that can get sketchy when youā€™re on loose ground mountain roads.

bman3000

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep GC 5.7, 93 Wrangler, 20 Polaris Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Noticed a small sidewall bulge on my front tire after only 2800 miles with a few days of light wheeling. On road they are very quite and smooth, off-road they do seem to pick up a lot of rocks but worked well in dry rocky conditions. My last 3 sets of tires have been BF Goodrich Km3, Cooper STT Pros and BF KO2s. I would pick the STTs over all of them if I had a choice as they wore well, had good on and off-road performance and look awesome. Iā€™ll run these for now but likely go a different route when itā€™s time to replace them.
Ford Bronco Goodyear Territory owners reviews? EF97B860-DE98-47EB-B079-FC30566D2001
Sponsored

Last edited: