Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cliff notes for those of us who are unable to watch the video at work?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cliff notes for those of us who are unable to watch the video at work?
he likes them, says he is getting a set for his second Bronco. Gives a disclaimer at the end that they might not be so good after they have some wear and tear on them. There was no real content aside from that. Read the sidewall, talked about the max pressure on the tire and didn't show much driving and all of that was in deep, deep snow, nothing about pavement (where your truck will spend more than 99% of its life.)

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he likes them, says he is getting a set for his second Bronco. Gives a disclaimer at the end that they might not be so good after they have some wear and tear on them. There was no real content aside from that. Read the sidewall, talked about the max pressure on the tire and didn't show much driving and all of that was in deep, deep snow, nothing about pavement (where your truck will spend more than 99% of its life.)
I tip my hat to you, thank you

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just got 7 ft. of snow this week and I love these tires for winter. They are better than BFG KO2s in the snow by far. Maybe as good as Falken AT3Ws. I will be taking them off in the spring for a different summer tire and keep them for winter use only.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good to hear, Basesquatch Appalachian snow runner build, nice to know the stock tires are gonna rock!!!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We just got 7 ft. of snow this week and I love these tires for winter. They are better than BFG KO2s in the snow by far. Maybe as good as Falken AT3Ws. I will be taking them off in the spring for a different summer tire and keep them for winter use only.
I too love these tires in the snow, theyā€™ve been amazing. I plan to buy a different summer tire and wheel combo to keep the factoryā€™s as a winter set. Iā€™m really surprised they didnā€™t get the 3 peaks rating!

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good to know, Tahoe is a Good test for winter tires. I lived there in the 90s and mounted studded snow tires on my Explorer for the winter. Always laughed at the Audis and Subarus that would try and cross the center lane snow berms and get high centered.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the negatives I've heard was they wear fast, the one review I've seen was a Bronco with 10k on it and he didn't think they would make it to 20k miles.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll never know. Swapping them out at the dealership for some Falken Wildpeaks. The way the territories throw stones is unacceptable for me.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using my 2dr BL SAS in the snow a bit here in Calgary, in snow they are good.

everything is subjective, but my impressions are the Bronco itself is great in snow, the GY are good in fresh & loose snow but I think they are sub par on packed snow & ice.

edit: clarity

UtahGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ram 1500 ecodiesel and ā€˜18 VW Atlas SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really hoping for a good comparison to the DuraTrac... thats been my go to... i'm thinking i'll still switch them out when i get mine in 2030.
i have the same plan. Living in Utah i want the DOT triple peak snowflake rating on my SUV tire.

OBSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been using my 2dr BL SAS in the snow a bit here in Calgary, in snow they are good.

everything is subjective, but my impressions are the Bronco itself is great in snow, the GY are good in fresh & loose snow but I think they are sub par on packed snow & ice.

edit: clarity
Agree 100% from near Edmonton. Theyā€™re good in deeper snow but poor on packed snow and ice or even ā€œglazedā€ pavement. Swapped them for Conti VikingContact 7ā€™s and much much happier.

Iā€™m not surprised in the least they didnā€™t get 3 peak rated. For normal winter driving on actual roads they are terrible
Sponsored