BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2dr seat removal is fairly simple, 2 screws (bit provided in tool kit) and 2 bolts (18mm) and 2 nuts (18mm) per seat. Problem comes in the disconnect of the seat restraining system which leaves you with a dash alarm and alerts on the Ford Pass app.
I assume it’s the same for the 4 door?

I’ll be connecting up another set of seats with seatbelts so shouldn’t have the alarm issue
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats.....coupl'a questions:

What kind of top surface are you left with?
Did thye leave those 2.5" standing bolts intact, or cut them down?
Is there storage where the second row footwell is?
How will you address the error messages resulting from seat restraint removal?

thanks

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Setup looks great! Goose Gear asked me to not post pictures for the next week unfortunately. I’ll post the setup when I get the go-ahead from them in a week or so.
aweome

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume it’s the same for the 4 door?

I’ll be connecting up another set of seats with seatbelts so shouldn’t have the alarm issue
The connection is to internal sensors in the seat back so not sure if swapping seats with seatbelts may not solve the alarm issue.

Sponsored

Colt88

Black Diamond
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats.....coupl'a questions:

What kind of top surface are you left with?
Did thye leave those 2.5" standing bolts intact, or cut them down?
Is there storage where the second row footwell is?
How will you address the error messages resulting from seat restraint removal?

thanks
The top surface is a Line-X truck bed liner that is shown on all other Goose Gear products. The standing bolts were kept in tact. The only things removed were the seat backs, seat bottoms, and the plate behind the seats. As far as footwell storage it remained about the same and was left uncovered to allow the front seats to have near full mobility. The error message does not pop up because the seatbelts were not removed, but rather tucked beneath the flat load floor and secured to ensure they don’t rattle.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The connection is to internal sensors in the seat back so not sure if swapping seats with seatbelts may not solve the alarm issue.
I meant swapping in another set of bronco seats. I’m swapping mine with a black Diamond owner. Hopefully shouldn’t be an issue. Is there a cable or sensor that has to be disconnected in the rear? I know the fronts will have the cable for the heated seats that needs to be disconnected

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I meant swapping in another set of bronco seats. I’m swapping mine with a black Diamond owner. Hopefully shouldn’t be an issue. Is there a cable or sensor that has to be disconnected in the rear? I know the fronts will have the cable for the heated seats that needs to be disconnected
Yes the seat back has a cable that connects at the floor. Simple plug connector easy to disconnect but I haven’t found a work around for the warning light yet. The Black Diamond seats may have the same connection?

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The top surface is a Line-X truck bed liner that is shown on all other Goose Gear products. The standing bolts were kept in tact. The only things removed were the seat backs, seat bottoms, and the plate behind the seats. As far as footwell storage it remained about the same and was left uncovered to allow the front seats to have near full mobility. The error message does not pop up because the seatbelts were not removed, but rather tucked beneath the flat load floor and secured to ensure they don’t rattle.
Need to clarify what you did with the seat belts? The seat belt receiver is part of the seat back assembly. How does hiding the belt under the floor negate the dash alarm?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Setup looks great! Goose Gear asked me to not post pictures for the next week unfortunately. I’ll post the setup when I get the go-ahead from them in a week or so.
COST?

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won't be doing a seat delete, but I'm patiently waiting the install video of this kit because I will be swapping my seats. So I'd like to see how simple/difficult the removal process is
Same. If it works out I plan to remove the rears seats as needed occasionally. I’ll build a drop in Baltic birch + carpet false floor.

The Goose Gear fold down swing gate table is another story. Providing its rattle free I will be purchasing that.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. If it works out I plan to remove the rears seats as needed occasionally. I’ll build a drop in Baltic birch + carpet false floor.

The fold down swing gate table is another story. Providing its rattle free I will be purchasing that.
Yup! Supposedly it will be an option for ‘22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes the seat back has a cable that connects at the floor. Simple plug connector easy to disconnect but I haven’t found a work around for the warning light yet. The Black Diamond seats may have the same connection?
Thank you! Hopefully they do then it’s easy peezy.

Maybe someone will make a connector that fools the computer into turning off the warning light. Or Forscan