First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently received my Goose Gear Stealth rear seat delete and installed it in my 2 door Badlands. If anyone is thinking of going with this product, read on for what I consider the pros/cons.

For context, IMHO the interior space layout in both the 2 and 4 door leaves a lot to be desired. Specifically, the seats do not fold entirely flat, which wastes space and makes it tough to sleep/load cargo/take dogs places/etc. What I can't figure out is why so many automakers can't take cues from the few manufacturers who have figured out a way to make useful space when seats are folded down. For example, the Honda Fit, even though it is really small, has had flat cargo space ever since the first year. There is also the VW Atlas, certain Dodge vans, Landover LRs and Discoveries, etc.

On the Bronco 2 door, to get as flat as possible you have to fold the seat bottoms forward, then fold the backs flat...but after doing so, you lose overall length and have tilted up floor space. I have large dogs, so I need the space (and no I have no interest for myself in the 4 door Broncos, and even the 4 door space is limited by the way those seats fold).

On to my experience. I ordered the kit in early October, and planned for at least the 8 week wait advertised on the Goose Gear website. I called about 7 weeks in, only to be told by GG that they didn't receive my order until early November. Customers cannot buy from GG directly, so I bought mine from a 4x4 parts dealer...who claimed they submitted the order to GG the day after I ordered it through them. I have no way of finding out if the 4x4 parts dealer or GG is being truthful in regard to the order date, but the end result of someone's error is that my order took nearly 10 weeks. The 10 weeks would not have been big deal IF the product was all sorted out, but there were some glitches (which, to be fair, are often to be expected in a new release...just like our Broncos)

The pros:

1. The panels (there are 3 of them and two access panels for our cubbies) are coated with Line X, which is a good idea because the panels are cut from Baltic Birch, which is not waterproof.

2. The panels are cut precisely, with rounded edges and steps.

3. The hardware seems stout.

4. The overall design is well thought-out, and addresses a real issue.

5. The kit came well-packaged with no damage.

The cons:

1. No instructions. The kit is pretty straightforward, so instructions are really not all that necessary, but if the kit has been in development for months I imagine shooting a video and providing a link should not be out of the question. The manufacturer indicated that instructions should be available soon.

2. For some reason, the blocks used under the panels are not all the correct height...and several blocks are missing from key locations in which they should be installed to provide support for bolts to hold the panels down. This is a pretty big deal, because if I would have simply tried to install the panels as I received them there is no way I would have been able to install them successfully. To make them fit, I had to pry off several glued and stapled on blocks, replace them with the proper height blocks I sourced from Home Depot, and use some aluminum rectangular stock as supports. My hope is that GG will use the pictures and other information I shared to make adjustments on any new kits.

3. The carpet is supposed to be removed prior to installing the kit. I am not sure about the carpet layout in the Broncos, but the rubberized flooring in the Badlands and the Black Diamond is one piece...and to remove it I would have had to cut the one piece into two pieces just behind the front seats...which I had no interest in doing because it would have resulted in more road noise, less water resistance, and I would have ruined my factory rubberized flooring. I imagine other people won't want to modify their factory carpet or rubberized flooring either. Fortunately, after I installed the correct height blocks, I was able to leave my rubberized flooring intact.

4. Two of the required plates needed for connecting the panels together were missing (but the manufacturer is sending out replacements).

Overall I think the product has a lot of potential, but as-is IMHO it needs several tweaks.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211229_102325
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheGoodBadUgly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing the info and your experience and recommendations. Question: when fully installed, is the flooring level all the way around? There appears to be some slope from the back of the front seats down towards the first horizontal seam...or is that just an optical illusion in the photo? Thanks Again!

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write-up, and good to see one installed. I'm interested to see their 60 delete on the 4DR when they get to it.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every GG review I've read/watched on YT has had some issues like you describe. Missing parts, spacers put in the wrong location, etc.
They definitely have a QC issue.
As for Ford making fold flat seating like the vehicle examples you mentioned...all those vehicles are front wheel drive. Even a AWD platform would have a shaft tunnel down the middle (Bronco needs way more vertical clearance).
After reading this, the delivery wait times and the cost, I think I'm just gonna DIY mine.
Can you please post more pictures?
What supports the platform directly behind the seats?
Storage space in the footwells?

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The system is completely dead flat. The spacer blocks (now) go in the same locations as the factory seat mount bolts. For front support, there is a vertical panel on each side of the tunnel, that attach to the top panels via an extruded aluminum channel and t-bolts. You remove your rear factory flip up panel that covers the jack, and use the 8 holes that previously were used for the cargo tie down points.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211229_102438
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211229_102354
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211229_085544

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The system is completely dead flat. The spacer blocks (now) go in the same locations as the factory seat mount bolts. For front support, there is a vertical panel on each side of the tunnel, that attach to the top panels via an extruded aluminum channel and t-bolts. You remove your rear factory flip up panel that covers the jack, and use the 8 holes that previously were used for the cargo tie down points.
I had already made a panel of my own, two-piece, out of half inch Baltic Birch...with piano hinge so I could access my cubbies. That is why I had the aluminum channel already...and as luck would have it their 3/4 invh height matched the only correct block GG had attached to the rearmost panel. Several things to keep in mind...first, the panel has to be 3/4 inch above the floor because are Broncos have a wire loom and our windshield washer line cross over the floor from ride to left side and the panels need to be above that. Also, you need to detach the seatbelt receivers from the seats, and then take out the torx head bolts and hinge, so that you can velco both receivers right behind the wire loom in the floor depressions to clear the panels. If you unplug them, and don't reinstall them, you will be haunted by a warning message in the dash unit.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using three panels is better than using two like I had initially made...because they are much easier to work with and it allows for more adjustment. With the inch or so of height I gained by removing my factory flip up panel, I can fit my entire Safe Jack kit with extensions in the front cubby (and my lug wrench with sockets and wheel lock) and my recovery strap in the rear cubby. Although there is no realistic storage space behind the seats in front of the vertical panels, there is enough space in the footwell floor to just fit my Safe Jack extended base...now nothing is cluttered. I do have a portable Smittybilt air compressor, and I can just set that behind the front seat.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had already made a panel of my own, two-piece, out of half inch Baltic Birch...with piano hinge so I could access my cubbies. That is why I had the aluminum channel already...and as luck would have it their 3/4 invh height matched the only correct block GG had attached to the rearmost panel. Several things to keep in mind...first, the panel has to be 3/4 inch above the floor because are Broncos have a wire loom and our windshield washer line cross over the floor from ride to left side and the panels need to be above that. Also, you need to detach the seatbelt receivers from the seats, and then take out the torx head bolts and hinge, so that you can velco both receivers right behind the wire loom in the floor depressions to clear the panels. If you unplug them, and don't reinstall them, you will be haunted by a warning message in the dash unit.
Do you have pics of your original, home built setup?

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really appreciate your taking the time to post the review. I ordered this same kit on 11/30 from my local dealer. Now, I'm all kinds of concerned, LOL. The reason I ordered it, in lieu of building my own, is b/c I was willing to pay to avoid the trial and error of measuring and making my own prototype and final versions, and I liked the LineX coating, which I didn't want to get into on my own. Your experience reads like the GG will be a "prototype" for my Black Diamond (w/ washout flooring I won't remove) and I'll have to modify it, regardless. Not sure it's worth $900 if that's the case.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really appreciate your taking the time to post the review. I ordered this same kit on 11/30 from my local dealer. Now, I'm all kinds of concerned, LOL. The reason I ordered it, in lieu of building my own, is b/c I was willing to pay to avoid the trial and error of measuring and making my own prototype and final versions, and I liked the LineX coating, which I didn't want to get into on my own. Your experience reads like the GG will be a "prototype" for my Black Diamond (w/ washout flooring I won't remove) and I'll have to modify it, regardless. Not sure it's worth $900 if that's the case.
Contact me if you want when you get it and I can save you a lot of swearing.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The silver tape around the edges was to protect my plastic from scrapes. A much prettier solution is the 1/2 press-on edging that is rubberized from Amazon, which was my next step prior to my GG purchase. I ended up not being in a hurry because I use a black yoga mat cut to shape on top, and no one sees the platform (either my 70 dollar one or the new 1000 dollar one). Overall I like the GG, but thinking back I could have just removed my factory cubby cover and added 3/4 inch spacer blocks on the one I made and end up with pretty much the same thing.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Contact me if you want when you get it and I can save you a lot of swearing.
Many thanks! Reached out to my dealer to verify whether my order was received by GG, too!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The silver tape around the edges was to protect my plastic from scrapes. A much prettier solution is the 1/2 press-on edging that is rubberized from Amazon, which was my next step prior to my GG purchase. I ended up not being in a hurry because I use a black yoga mat cut to shape on top, and no one sees the platform (either my 70 dollar one or the new 1000 dollar one). Overall I like the GG, but thinking back I could have just removed my factory cubby cover and added 3/4 inch spacer blocks on the one I made and end up with pretty much the same thing.
Did you have yours bolted down using the original seat anchors? Is that how the GG one mounts? I'd definitely would wanna add anchor tracks to the floor for rachetting down gear securely.
Sponsored