First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great, thanks for posting the videos and the tips on the spacers. I Got my 2.0 kit today and look forward to the install this weekend.
Congrats! If you get stuck on anything let me know.
Sponsored

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats! If you get stuck on anything let me know.
Curious what type of anchors / mount points hardware can be added to the plates? Looking at the posted pics everything seems to be countersunk, which doesn't seem like it will work with attaching D-ring hangers and the like.

EDIT: I think I may have overlooked the answer - your videos have some close-ups of the bolts that - I assume - attach the panels to aluminum hardware underneath? Looks like one could get a D-ring hanger attached to those bolts...

I've considered using US Cargo L track, but that would mean drilling additional holes and compromising the LineX coating.

Last edited:

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious what type of anchors / mount points hardware can be added to the plates? Looking at the posted pics everything seems to be countersunk, which doesn't seem like it will work with attaching D-ring hangers and the like.

EDIT: I think I may have overlooked the answer - your videos have some close-ups of the bolts that - I assume - attach the panels to aluminum hardware underneath? Looks like one could get a D-ring hanger attached to those bolts...

I've considered using US Cargo L track, but that would mean drilling additional holes and compromising the LineX coating.
I was looking at cargo rail too. The GG deck has three sets of four structural threaded attachment points meant to bear the load of say a pull out cooler or drawer unit. You could attach rail to these points and there would be one on each side of the rear. I guess conversely, you could have three rails perpendicular to the truck. Sort of a front, middle back. Sorry for the crude illustration, I'm on my phone.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review IMG_9634

IMG_9634.jpg

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also, I reattached the four stock floor D rings that come off when installing the GG deck here. They aren't flush. And I don't have a pic on me. They are fine for me, and can always be removed in about two minutes. GG has no plans of making anything for these four tie down points. I asked them.

IMG_9634.jpg

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Check this out...scroll down:
https://www.goose-gear.com/products/goose-gear-anchors-1

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, @Roll Sound and @broncorik. The rails would provide more flexibility for attachment points, so will need to explore that. I also did see those GG anchors. Would love to hear your feedback @broncorik when you get them.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, @Roll Sound and @broncorik. The rails would provide more flexibility for attachment points, so will need to explore that. I also did see those GG anchors. Would love to hear your feedback @broncorik when you get them.
They are on their way...I should have them in the next day or so.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was just called and told my delete kit arrived. Can’t pick it up until tomorrow and am going to try the install myself.

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is to a smooth install!
You definitely helped with this future install, I appreciate all you’ve done on this matter.

I have two fake shoulders so we will see how this goes. I imagine the hardest part for me will be the seat removal, or contorting my body to get it out (driver side delete, other side is staying for now).

I will be on here if there is an issue for sure

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You definitely helped with this future install, I appreciate all you’ve done on this matter.

I have two fake shoulders so we will see how this goes. I imagine the hardest part for me will be the seat removal, or contorting my body to get it out (driver side delete, other side is staying for now).

The seats come out very easily. The two seat pieces are very light, and just pull right out. You'll be fine! Keep us posted. It's harder to get the seat belt harness plug off the seat once it's removed and in your driveway. Haha.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you don't want to torque your shoulders just grab a medium breaker bar for the 4 seat bolts (2 if one seat delete). The rear are easy to get leverage on because you can do it while leaning over the bumper....the other 2 you may have to crawl in and slide the front seat all the way forward, but not bad overall. They are super light so that helps. Make sure you unplug the seat belt receptacle while pulling the seat, then take a pic of the mechanism and use a torx head to remove the receptacle. Then with it removed from the seat rail (you need to pull the two retaining plugs out of the trim to be able to access the torx head), use a flat screw driver to pry up the thin retaining washer so that you can hold the edge with a small pair of pliers and then unscew the torx head bolt from the receptacle so all that is left is the receptacle with no spring or bracket. Plug it back in and use a square of heavy duty velcro to stick it to the floor, behind the wire loom and under the carpet or rubberized flooring flap.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not big on waiting (the GG anchors have to be ordered through a dealer) and am concerned about how the GG anchors angle upward (they're fixed and can't lay flush to the plate / floor). Also, GG is pretty proud of their anchors at $55 per set of four.

I received my GG plate system / stealth "sleep" package last Wednesday. Today I ordered the following for my install. That's only $47 for 12 anchors that can lay flush to the floor.

Anchors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HYH42GV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fasteners (GG says 1" are needed for LineX-coated plates, but I grabbed some 5/8", too)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L2SRBPV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L2S7QM7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Washers (the fasteners are smaller in diameter than the anchor holes)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GWH59P9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not big on waiting (the GG anchors have to be ordered through a dealer) and am concerned about how the GG anchors angle upward (they're fixed and can't lay flush to the plate / floor). Also, GG is pretty proud of their anchors at $55 per set of four.

I received my GG plate system / stealth "sleep" package last Wednesday. Today I ordered the following for my install. That's only $47 for 12 anchors that can lay flush to the floor.

Anchors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HYH42GV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fasteners (GG says 1" are needed for LineX-coated plates, but I grabbed some 5/8", too)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L2SRBPV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L2S7QM7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Washers (the fasteners are smaller in diameter than the anchor holes)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GWH59P9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That should do it! I never measured the thread pitch on the GG hardware but it is odd that they would mix SAE and metric (probably easier to source certain stuff and to have it match other GG stuff that way). I am intrigued by the GG stuff primarily because I will be using the Raingler setup with flat cargo netting, and the slotted tie downs should be a good match. I will let folks know how that turns out. I do like that the ones you linked to fold flat!
Sponsored