Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my Goose Gear floor, fridge slider, and tailgate installed by OK4WD yesterday.
Technician said it fits better than JL.
Technician said jack cubby is blocked by slider but if you pull the slider all the way out you can access the screws. Might have to pull the rear trim out to get Jack. I haven’t had time to play with it to determine the level of effort to get the jack and I use the fridge way more than the jack.

6C775A8B-3571-40A4-8B2E-F94C58E950CD.jpeg
886A58D9-4A88-40AA-9B32-F9D3F927103B.jpeg
A50C314A-F80A-4D50-800D-8E55F9FE2D54.jpeg
49E8FFC3-EDF9-4C4A-AC53-57B9628A85E9.jpeg
Looking to get this same setup. Looks great. I will mount fridge on the drivers side though.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to get this same setup. Looks great. I will mount fridge on the drivers side though.
Ergonomics between fridge and table would be much better on the drivers side.
The soft top gets in the way of opening the fridge, either open the top inside and pull the fridge out part way, or pull the fridge all the way out and open the top.

Not sure if there's room to put the fridge slide I have on the drivers side. I can take some pics on Sunday to see how far the tailgate encroaches the platform.
Running a power cable across the cargo area is not ideal, but also not a big deal.

I haven't used it much, but the tailgate opens less than I would have hoped and there is clearance issues between the fridge all the way out and the putting the table down. Add to that the limited opening of the soft top and it is not ideal. With the hard top, I would just pull the fridge out 1/2 way. I'm pretty sure there is enough room to use fridge and table, but with the soft top, I can't open and close the fridge when it is slid 1/2 way out.

I knew there could be issues with this setup and didn't mind if I have to order a new bottom plate and move the fridge to the drivers side. Or just move the fridge and deal with opening the under-floor storage only when the fridge is out. Hmmm, that would actually let me use that storage and have a drawer on the passenger side. 🤔

I'll be hanging with my truck for the next 2 weeks. Let me know if there's any pics or measurements I can get for you (or anyone else watching the thread).
No promises, but I may try moving the fridge to the drivers side. Also need to do the magnet mod for the jack cover and figure out the steps needed to get at those items. Not too worried as I have a tire repair kit and those get used way more than a spare.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ergonomics between fridge and table would be much better on the drivers side.
The soft top gets in the way of opening the fridge, either open the top inside and pull the fridge out part way, or pull the fridge all the way out and open the top.

Not sure if there's room to put the fridge slide I have on the drivers side. I can take some pics on Sunday to see how far the tailgate encroaches the platform.
Running a power cable across the cargo area is not ideal, but also not a big deal.

I haven't used it much, but the tailgate opens less than I would have hoped and there is clearance issues between the fridge all the way out and the putting the table down. Add to that the limited opening of the soft top and it is not ideal. With the hard top, I would just pull the fridge out 1/2 way. I'm pretty sure there is enough room to use fridge and table, but with the soft top, I can't open and close the fridge when it is slid 1/2 way out.

I knew there could be issues with this setup and didn't mind if I have to order a new bottom plate and move the fridge to the drivers side. Or just move the fridge and deal with opening the under-floor storage only when the fridge is out. Hmmm, that would actually let me use that storage and have a drawer on the passenger side. 🤔

I'll be hanging with my truck for the next 2 weeks. Let me know if there's any pics or measurements I can get for you (or anyone else watching the thread).
No promises, but I may try moving the fridge to the drivers side. Also need to do the magnet mod for the jack cover and figure out the steps needed to get at those items. Not too worried as I have a tire repair kit and those get used way more than a spare.
... this is the same set-up I am going with, but was hesitant to pull the trigger because I was undecided which side I wanted to place the fridge slide. The fridge slide placement would dictate which side I would have the compartment located on the floor plate. I thought about setting it up the EXACT same way you did due to the outlet being on the passenger-side, too, but your photos provided me with some things to think about... your set-up looks NICE!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... this is the same set-up I am going with, but was hesitant to pull the trigger because I was undecided which side I wanted to place the fridge slide. The fridge slide placement would dictate which side I would have the compartment located on the floor plate. I thought about setting it up the EXACT same way you did due to the outlet being on the passenger-side, too, but your photos provided me with some things to think about... your set-up looks NICE!
Thanks! OK4WD did an excellent job installing.

I've been a fan of GG since the first wrangler setup I saw in person.

Direwild

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know I was very interested in getting this back seat delete. I thought 350-380 whatever it cost was a fair price. That was until I realized that was just for one panel of 3. So spending over $1000 for this is not worth it in the slightest. It was only just worth it for the whole system for $380. I can spend my money on something way more useful, like a pedal monster, or a tuner.
You would be better off just making your own at that price.

Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! OK4WD did an excellent job installing.

I've been a fan of GG since the first wrangler setup I saw in person.
If you don't mind me asking, is your fridge the 35 liter or 45 liter?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't mind me asking, is your fridge the 35 liter or 45 liter?
CFX3 45.
the 45 is same width and depth as the 35, only the height is a couple more inches. figured I have plenty of height and the extra space inside is nice.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moved the fridge slider to the drivers side. It fits if you push it all the way back.
No way to get to the under floor storage this way.
There are two base plates. One with access on the driver side (what I have) and one with access on the passenger side.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 7ED90DC8-9FEB-49B5-84DC-71409C3537A9
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review AEAD8053-5BBD-41ED-AB10-35D27DF6940D
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review FAB926F5-8C1B-4E21-B2EF-826C126C3BE0

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to try it out. Just left the cover of the under floor storage and I can still get my recovery rope out. I’ll get an extension for the power cable so it’s not in the way.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review F815E66A-6909-4A18-8898-0D3E851D663E
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 8242BFF8-DA1B-4F36-B56E-9E65753B6C96

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to try it out. Just left the cover of the under floor storage and I can still get my recovery rope out. I’ll get an extension for the power cable so it’s not in the way.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 8242BFF8-DA1B-4F36-B56E-9E65753B6C96
Looks way more functional now. Hope you love it. Appreciate you sharing so we can learn more with real life setups. I am coming from a Ford Ranger and my current IceCo fridge and slide is a 65 dual zone so I'm going to have to downsize to make it work for the Bronco. I also will not he foing a seat delete so your ijage here of the slide all the way against the seat helps.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the info above folks. Definitely going drivers side and I’m going to run some additional power from the front to a distribution panel on the back drivers side.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the information and many pictures for reference...

I am most likely going to go with the plate system with compartment door on driver-side plus solo fridge slide installed on the driver-side, as well. Even though my plan is to keep it minimal, I'll keep the option open if I decide in the future to add a module to be placed on the passenger-side. It will be far easier to gain access to the compartment if it is on the fridge slide side.

Last edited:

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moved the fridge slider to the drivers side. It fits if you push it all the way back.
No way to get to the under floor storage this way.
There are two base plates. One with access on the driver side (what I have) and one with access on the passenger side.

Thanks for the detailed look at how you did it! (y)

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the detailed look at how you did it! (y)
Just completed another 600 mile road trip (14,920 miles so far on the Bronco) and if you have a tailgate table and fridge slide, putting the fridge on the drivers side is the way to go. Much more room to work on the table.

I left the door off to the underfloor compartment and was able to shove a kinetic rope, 2 soft shackles, and 4 tie-downs in the compartment. I can access it by sliding the fridge all the way out.

I also removed the 2 drivers side bolts to the jack / funnel compartment (the ones blocked by the fridge slide). I can slide the cover off and on with the fridge slide in place. I didn't try to remove the jack, but it looks like there is enough room to wiggle it out. Putting it back in in it's place might be hard. I didn't do the magnet mod, just threw the allen key in the center console.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is GOLD!

I was researching Goose Gear for my 4-door but after reading the first few pages of this thread, I totally changed my mind. Then I read the posts below and my confidence in Goose Gear went back up. I wonder if these companies realize how much word of mouth matters on these forums. Thanks to everyone who contributed here.

Update! The founder of Goose Gear called me and we had a very productive conversation. He is aware of the concerns I had shared earlier in this post, and his team is very actively resolving those issues (including making necessary modifications for either carpeted or rubberized flooring trim levels). I am pleased that he took time out of his day to contact me, and that he was willing to consider the suggestions I had made. Based on what he explained in regard to the modifications that are currently in motion, I believe the Bronco Goose Gear "2.0" version should be a viable and satisfying option for fellow Bronco owners looking to create usable space. Whew!
I just received an email response from GG stating:

“We have redesigned the 2door system and will be replacing any that have already shipped.”

I’m going to go ahead and place my order!
Goose gear posted an update on the design changes.
Well that went really well. Very easy install and all is flush etc. GG did include an optional spacer and I decided to use it but there was really no movement before other than a little wiggle.

This install would have not gone as easy if it wasn’t for @broncorik. You were beyond helpful and I thank you.

Once my son takes off in a few years I will delete the other side.

Question for you @We_Love_Tacos ... Is the part of the platform that is in place of the driver side back seat perfectly flat? In this photo it looks like it may rise up a little bit.
Sponsored