First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. This is on my list of things to buy but will wait until they get early production issues sorted.
Sponsored

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd like to see a version with cutouts for the built in tie downs.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see a version with cutouts for the built in tie downs.
The workaround for that is getting longer bolts for the rear plate and then bolting the original tie downs o
16411464216393524934339461094172.jpg
n top of the plate.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The workaround for that is getting longer bolts for the rear plate and then bolting the original tie downs o
16411464216393524934339461094172.jpg
n top of the plate.
I don't know what others want to do regarding their 2 doors, but for me I just wanted to pull both seats and leave them out...there is little space in the back with them in for passengers or cargo, and if I wanted to haul a lot of either/both the 4 door would have made more sense. For others who have 2 doors and feel the same way, GG or any other folks with access to materials and tools could produce a single panel with a full hinged panel for the cubby and another one for the jack space. That would mean no need for the 5 mend plates (and the 20 allen head bolts to attach them), having to LineX or Rhino line only 3 panels instead of 3
5, and ideally a much lower cost. The configurable "system" makes sense only if someone plans to keep one rear seat or if the idea is to add/remove seats at will. I personally won't be doing that because to add even one seat for whatever reason means 9 bolts from one of the panels, getting the seat from wherever it is stored, installing the upright section with 2 nuts and 2 bolts and then the lower section with 2-4 bolts then reinstalling the seat belt receptacle...too much of a hassle for many people. In retrospect, I would have been ahead by buying a 5x5 sheet of 5/8 marine grade select plywood or some other hardwood, some 3/4 plywood for the spacer blocks, and some allen head bolts. I could then have cut out the panel from the paper pattern I had made, bougjt a router and a rounded edge bit, drilled the holes and countersunk them to the right depth, paid someone to Rhino line the panels, top and bottom, and spent maybe 400-500 (and kept the router and bit). For someone has access to a router and the bits, the total cost could be much less.

Mr. Hankey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2d MT, GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncorik and others: thank you for this excellent thread. There seems to be a small population of us: 2 door & rear seat delete or nothing. I’m awaiting my delivery; may be months for me, but I have time to plan.

I too was very excited about the GG system but disappointed to read about this quality control. They are a small business but still I would have expected them to chime into this thread with their core customer set. I had also emailed them with related questions with no response. Having said this, while we all seem to feel that $1000 is excessive, GG can’t really make much money selling to this small target audience even at that cost.

There is a third option I thought I would float here. As an alternative to all of us going to make cardboard cutouts and dealing with jigsaws etc, what about teaming up? I see lots of handy people on the thread; perhaps there are some volunteers to create and share CAD model of a kit ourselves? We could share it on the form for free to all our friends here. Then, people can either go solo or team up to place an order at a CNC shop / cabinet maker etc?

https://www.mgmplastics.com/cnc-routing

If someone in SCal has a 2 door, I’d be happy to help create this CAD and maybe we make another thread for those who want to iterate on it over the next few months in time for summer. We could decide on design and materials even with only a couple people and some elbow grease we may have a better solution for less money.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broncorik and others: thank you for this excellent thread. There seems to be a small population of us: 2 door & rear seat delete or nothing. I’m awaiting my delivery; may be months for me, but I have time to plan.

I too was very excited about the GG system but disappointed to read about this quality control. They are a small business but still I would have expected them to chime into this thread with their core customer set. I had also emailed them with related questions with no response. Having said this, while we all seem to feel that $1000 is excessive, GG can’t really make much money selling to this small target audience even at that cost.

There is a third option I thought I would float here. As an alternative to all of us going to make cardboard cutouts and dealing with jigsaws etc, what about teaming up? I see lots of handy people on the thread; perhaps there are some volunteers to create and share CAD model of a kit ourselves? We could share it on the form for free to all our friends here. Then, people can either go solo or team up to place an order at a CNC shop / cabinet maker etc?

If someone in SCal has a 2 door, I’d be happy to help create this CAD and maybe we make another thread for those who want to iterate on it over the next few months in time for summer. We could decide on design and materials even with only a couple people and some elbow grease we may have a better solution for less money.
I am in SoCal...and now I have the exact dimensions that can easily be put on a cardboard or paper template. I had initially thought a platform made of a type of plastic would be ideal (or aluminum), but I wonder what the cost would be. The plastic or aluminum would have to be thick enough to support whatever cargo is intended, but either of those materials would not need to be Rhino lined/LineX coated. Birch is a great material to work with for strength, but I think marine grade plywood is also a good option. I think birch is the go-to for many because it holds up well when cut in terms of edges and contours and so forth.

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broncorik This has been an excellent thread—I too have a 2DR on order and planned to use the GG seat delete to have a fun tool-around vehicle that I can also use for my labs. Currently have the 4DR and it is really a challenge for dogs and for fitting more than one kennel. Agree Ford, and maybe GG really missing an opportunity here.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncorik This has been an excellent thread—I too have a 2DR on order and planned to use the GG seat delete to have a fun tool-around vehicle that I can also use for my labs. Currently have the 4DR and it is really a challenge for dogs and for fitting more than one kennel. Agree Ford, and maybe GG really missing an opportunity here.
Hopefully GG has it sorted out by the time your 2 door lands. You have a 4 door Bronco already? The 2 door with a flat panel and no seats is surprisingly roomy.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Count me in for this...should have my 2dr by the end of this month, and am definitely building out a platform one way or the other. Would love to not do it alone and share the lessons learned!

Edit: I'm decent with woodworking stuff, pretty good with CAD. Located in Austin, TX.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Count me in for this...should have my 2dr by the end of this month, and am definitely building out a platform one way or the other. Would love to not do it alone and share the lessons learned!

Edit: I'm decent with woodworking stuff, pretty good with CAD. Located in Austin, TX.
With your skill set you could easily build a really nice one for maybe 300...including lining it with something and hardware.

Sponsored

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With your skill set you could easily build a really nice one for maybe 300...including lining it with something and hardware.
Yeah, I’m already planning it out in my head…any pointers/lessons learned from your initial project?

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more adjustment needed on the Goose Gear if you take delivery of the kit in its current state. At the front of the driver and passenger panels, there are aluminum square channels attached with several allen head bolts (and flat nuts that slide into those channels) to the bottom of those panels. The vertical panels attach to those square channels with two allen head bolts and flat nuts. As delivered, the square channels are in a
20220102_070949.jpg
position that puts them too close to the passenger and driver cargo side panels...so close that you won't be able to get the front of the panels in position without having the aluminum channel dig in to the plastic panel(s). The solution is to loosen the allen screws in the horizontal panels slightly (just enough to move the channels but not enough to have the flat nuts fall into the channels), and move the channels inward until the outermost flat nut edge sticks out of the channel about 1/16." Then snug the bolts...and that will get you the clearance you need. Additionally, before you put the horizontal panels in place you need to loosely attach the vertical panels into the channels (you won't be able to do that if the horizontal panels are in place). Also note that the vertical panels are directional...check the contours of your footwells to figure out which way they need to go. You can then attach them loosely and slide them to the right spot before you snug them. Pic attached of the square channel and the plastic side panel.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 1641442157998

I can't follow this at all, but thanks for all the details you've shared about your experience with this kit!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I’m already planning it out in my head…any pointers/lessons learned from your initial project?
The main thing is that although GG told me to take out the carpet (and I have the rubberized flooring) that is not at all necessary...because you can size your spacer blocks to clear the cutouts. The other thing is after you remove the rear flip panel with the 8 bolts, then the seats
with their 12 or do bolts/nuts, you need to remove the seat belt receptacles and retain them (wire leads plugged in to the harness) so as not to cause a dash light warning. I used velco and attached mine to the floor behind the wire loom. Also make sure not to kneel on your windshield washer corrugated plastic line that runs alongside the wire loom. The platform
construction itself, if you have a jigsaw or bandsaw, a drill, and a router, is pretty easy. I'd use half inch or even thicker marine plywood or baltic birch (I think the birch will saw with less of a rough edge). The spacer blocks should be 3/4 inch in height. You could make the platform top as one solid piece, if you never plan to install one seat or the other, or 2 or 3 separate pieces if you want the option to do so. You then need a vertical flat panel on each side of the tunnel/footwell to support the front of the panel. The toughest part is tracing a pattern of your cargo space and the mounting hole locations. I had to tape a couple of pieces of that brown paper you can get at Home Depot in rolls, and used a sharpie as I pressed the paper against my panels. I later used Christmas wrapping paper, upside down, because I found a roll that had grid lines in the back which helped me line things up. Spacer blocks should located beneath mounting locations (like spanning the 4 bolts on each side in the rear and the seat bolt holes/studs). It will make more sense when you have taken out the seats and the flip panel.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The main thing is that although GG told me to take out the carpet (and I have the rubberized flooring) that is not at all necessary...because you can size your spacer blocks to clear the cutouts. The other thing is after you remove the rear flip panel with the 8 bolts, then the seats
with their 12 or do bolts/nuts, you need to remove the seat belt receptacles and retain them (wire leads plugged in to the harness) so as not to cause a dash light warning. I used velco and attached mine to the floor behind the wire loom. Also make sure not to kneel on your windshield washer corrugated plastic line that runs alongside the wire loom. The platform
construction itself, if you have a jigsaw or bandsaw, a drill, and a router, is pretty easy. I'd use half inch or even thicker marine plywood or baltic birch (I think the birch will saw with less of a rough edge). The spacer blocks should be 3/4 inch in height. You could make the platform top as one solid piece, if you never plan to install one seat or the other, or 2 or 3 separate pieces if you want the option to do so. You then need a vertical flat panel on each side of the tunnel/footwell to support the front of the panel. The toughest part is tracing a pattern of your cargo space and the mounting hole locations. I had to tape a couple of pieces of that brown paper you can get at Home Depot in rolls, and used a sharpie as I pressed the paper against my panels. I later used Christmas wrapping paper, upside down, because I found a roll that had grid lines in the back which helped me line things up. Spacer blocks should located beneath mounting locations (like spanning the 4 bolts on each side in the rear and the seat bolt holes/studs). It will make more sense when you have taken out the seats and the flip panel.
You have no idea how much I appreciate this...thank you so much.

Ya know, I was thinking that once I get the main panel cut to fit the space, I would use grease paint or even lipstick to mark all the high spots, then press the panel in and crawl around on it. That way the location, size, and rough shape of the necessary cutouts will be done for me. We shall see.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have no idea how much I appreciate this...thank you so much.

Ya know, I was thinking that once I get the main panel cut to fit the space, I would use grease paint or even lipstick to mark all the high spots, then press the panel in and crawl around on it. That way the location, size, and rough shape of the necessary cutouts will be done for me. We shall see.
Anytime! If you use thin enough paper (the wrapping paper was a pleasant surprise due to both the grid lines and the ease of shaping it to curves), you can first get the exact contours recorded and then cut it to size...then simply push on it over the threaded holes (the paper creases perfectly over indentations) and cut it out where the 4 studs are sticking up...then just cut those holes out and put the entire template on your sheet of wood and trace it all out. Make sure you have your driver and passenger seats all the way slid back so after you cut the panel out and install it you and passenger will be able to get full adjustment out of the seats.

If you provide a slight gap all the way around the panel you won't need to use any edging to protect your plastic panels from scratches...and you can just round the edges for a smooth corner.
If you ever visit the Ventura area of SoCal you can just stop by and we can trace my panels and save a lot of time. With a tracing in hand the entire project could be knocked out on a Saturday. It takes only about 30 minutes to pull the seat uppers and lowers, and the rear panel, and the seat belt receptacles, and to bag all the loose parts up and to throw them on a shelf or in a shed. A very satisfying project! I have zero use for rear seats...and having the platform and the space is awesome.
Sponsored