Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Excellent news. I wonder when I can place an order for the corrected system?
Sponsored

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too bad you had to make a big stink about it in a Bronco forum for them to do anything for you, though I am glad they are helping.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent news. I wonder when I can place an order for the corrected system?
I think orders can be placed pretty quickly but there will be a bit of lag as existing kits get retrofitted and new kits are refined. Even so, I'd rather get something totally sorted out even if it means waiting longer (we'll, maybe not Bronco wait time longer, but a reasonable amount of time)...

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just received an email response from GG stating:

“We have redesigned the 2door system and will be replacing any that have already shipped.”

I’m going to go ahead and place my order!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received an email response from GG stating:

“We have redesigned the 2door system and will be replacing any that have already shipped.”

I’m going to go ahead and place my order!
Congrats! It is reassuring to find a company owner who realizes when something needs attention and who then follows through with whatever is required to make things right. The lag in someone getting back to me was related to the holidays, and my kit was from the initial batch...so I feel comfortable chalking up my experience (and the other few folks who received kits from that first batch) to growing pains. I think it was as tough for GG to get a Bronco to practice on as it was for most of us to get our reserved units, and GG probably doesn't have the luxury of unlimited time with whatever rig they can land in their shop.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is really good news, makes me feel better about ordering one.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen lots of YT GG installs and it's issues are just with the Bronco. I'd still be wary...
And I'm still wanting to do one myself. But just a plate setup that will replace the rear seat area, if possible. I wanna keep my Badlands trunk as is (for simplicity and weight savings) so long as I can get a flat floor outta it 🤷
Hopefully we can get a CAD project happening.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen lots of YT GG installs and it's issues are just with the Bronco. I'd still be wary...
And I'm still wanting to do one myself. But just a plate setup that will replace the rear seat area, if possible. I wanna keep my Badlands trunk as is (for simplicity and weight savings) so long as I can get a flat floor outta it 🤷
Hopefully we can get a CAD project happening.
What I can share about the 2 door trunk area is that by using the GG panel it increased my cubby and Jack space by 3/4" in height. That might not seem like a lot, but for me I can now fit my Safe Jack bottle jack on its side and still close the GG panel (and lock it). Small victory but one less piece of equipment I can stow. If you end up going with a seat delete you make from scratch, I recommend considering replacing the factory trunk not only to increase your space but also because to add a flat panel where your seats would go you have to raise that panel by a minimum of 3/4" anyway to clear the wire loom and seatbelt receptacles and windshield washer line. If you don't replace the rear panel as well, you'd have an uneven load surface.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I can share about the 2 door trunk area is that by using the GG panel it increased my cubby and Jack space by 3/4" in height. That might not seem like a lot, but for me I can now fit my Safe Jack bottle jack on its side and still close the GG panel (and lock it). Small victory but one less piece of equipment I can stow. If you end up going with a seat delete you make from scratch, I recommend considering replacing the factory trunk not only to increase your space but also because to add a flat panel where your seats would go you have to raise that panel by a minimum of 3/4" anyway to clear the wire loom and seatbelt receptacles and windshield washer line. If you don't replace the rear panel as well, you'd have an uneven load surface.
You make it sound like if you just remove the seats, you already have a flat floor past to where the seat bottoms are?? Just not extended towards the front seat...

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You make it sound like if you just remove the seats, you already have a flat floor past to where the seat bottoms are?? Just not extended towards the front seat...
Yes and no...the floor itself is flat from the rear trunk until it gets to the recess for the wire loom...then it slopes gradually into the footwell. The issue you need to overcome is the 1.25 inch 4 studs for the seat brackets that stick up. Without a 3/4 spacer and at least a 1/2" platform, those studs are sticking out. Additionally, if you don't have a at platform, you lose the ability to have the slope and footwell area become usable space. Here is a pic of the studs and the spacers I made to compensate for them.
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20211228_170459

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and no...the floor itself is flat from the rear trunk until it gets to the recess for the wire loom...then it slopes gradually into the footwell. The issue you need to overcome is the 1.25 inch 4 studs for the seat brackets that stick up. Without a 3/4 spacer and at least a 1/2" platform, those studs are sticking out. Additionally, if you don't have a at platform, you lose the ability to have the slope and footwell area become usable space. Here is a pic of the studs and the spacers I made to compensate for them.
20211228_170459.jpg
Hey, thanks for that pic! That helps my spacially impaired brain imagine what I'm trying to accomplish.
I was thinking of using those studs for anchoring down the platform and at the same time, using some Front Runner cargo tie-down rails for ratcheting everything secure back there...
They have various styles and lengths.
Are those aluminum blocks over the studs the spacers you had to make because GG forgot them?
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review Screenshot_20220113-122208_Edge

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, thanks for that pic! That helps my spacially impaired brain imagine what I'm trying to accomplish.
I was thinking of using those studs for anchoring down the platform and at the same time, using some Front Runner cargo tie-down rails for ratcheting everything secure back there...
They have various styles and lengths.
Are those aluminum blocks over the studs the spacers you had to make because GG forgot them?
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review Screenshot_20220113-122208_Edge
Those are the spacers I had made for my own platform pre-GG. You can just make the rear plate, or a one-piece plate, and use long enough bolts (8 of them) to retain your factory tie down d-rings if you want to tie cargo down towards the rear. In my initial platform and the GG setup, the studs are flush with the surface of the panel(s).

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the Goose Gear Stealth Sleep Package today. The dealer told me about a 8 week lead time so looking at mid March.

Hopefully everything is or will be sorted out with kit.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe, based on the conversation I had with the owner that the kit anyone receives from this point on will be sorted out. We spent a lot of time going over the glitches I had mentioned, and he also shared some improvements that although were (IMHO) not necessary should be desirable.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I placed my order for the kit yesterday from a local supplier. I’m doing the 50% driver’s side delete and was also told to expect about 8 weeks for arrival.
Sponsored