Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like a nice setup, the GG.

A little curious as to why you're confused on how Bronco doesn't have a flat floor.

The comparison to Fit is a great one!

-FWD
-no drive train behind the front axle
-on-road only
-lifted front seats to fit 10 gal fuel tank under front seats
-total vehicle payload of 850 lbs (including humans)

You sold me on it, Ford lost me, off to go get a Fit I go! Because it has a fold flat cargo area and can carry about 450 lbs of gear once you put humans inside. And is discontinued...

THAT is the Bronco people asked for, and Ford made some stupid POS purpose built off-road vehicle. Morons!

FWIW, I think you left a lot on the table here. Think about it, the AMC Gremlin also had a flat cargo area, plus better styling than the Fit. Just adding some rounds to your ammo clip for the next time the ol' Fit/Bronco comparison needs to drop.
The Bronco floor is actually (almost) flat as-is...but for whatever reason the geniuses at Ford decided to not make things easy by simply rerouting the wire loom that is draped across the (almost) flat floor (the thing right next to the floppy plastic corrugated windshield washer line meant not to crimp...
but it does...and mine leaked all over the flat floor and spewed out by the rockers), and by using ALL 8 threaded seat bracket holes into the floor instead of 4 1.25" studs sticking up out of the (almost) flat floor. Or, better yet, if they would have taken cues from the JL two door, they could have easily copied the seat removal system that takes all of 30 seconds to take the seat out (and install) whenever the need arises. Instead, if we want the Bronco seats out, we have to remove about a dozen bolts, disconnect seat belts, reattach only the receptacles, and then contend with the studs that stick up by building a higher platform (or buying one in its infant stages).

I am intimately familiar with the construction of the Fit, the Bronco, Jeeps, and loads of other cars...so I have no "confusion" about a flat floor. My confusion is how other manufacturers, in addition to the the cheapo Fit, have been able to produce very capable full frame vehicles (many of which can carry even more weight than the Bronco) that have not only a flat floor/flat folding seats but also easily removable seats and no wire looms and studs screwing up the use of that flat space. But thanks so much for pointing out that the Fit is no longer in production!

Skip to 4:25 if you are interested in how the JL 2 door seat comes out...then you might understand my confusion as to why the Bronco, on a similar platform, couldn't have a similar mechanism and make our lives even a little easier:

Or why for the even the 4 door Broncos why Ford couldn't have taken cues from the LR:

Last edited:

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is also the VW Atlas, certain Dodge vans, Landover LRs and Discoveries, etc.
I have an AWD VW Atlas with a 2nd row bench seat and it has one of the best systems I’ve seen that folds completely flat - Honestly, it was one of the biggest selling points of the vehicle.

Sorry to hear about the issues with GG as I was eyeing that system myself. I really wish Ford could have thought out a better configuration as well as offer the plastic seat back option found on the Sport but here’s to hoping the aftermarket will get better!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an AWD VW Atlas with a 2nd row bench seat and it has one of the best systems I’ve seen that folds completely flat - Honestly, it was one of the biggest selling points of the vehicle.

Sorry to hear about the issues with GG as I was eyeing that system myself. I really wish Ford could have thought out a better configuration as well as offer the plastic seat back option found on the Sport but here’s to hoping the aftermarket will get better!
The Atlas is awesome...I had the first year front wheel drive only 2.0, and it was the roomiest car I had ever had (other than a minivan). I had been going from car dealer to car dealer with a tape measure checking ceiling height and length and width trying to find max dog space (dealers wondered what I was doing) and as soon as I experienced the Atlas I knew that was the one. I wish Ford would have consulted with VW for seating advice...

ISeeTheFuture

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 93 4Runner is body-on-frame with a solid rear axle and the seats fold perfectly flat no problem. I sleep back there all the time on fishing trips.
My XTerra also has fold flat rear seats. And a solid rear axle, 4WD, etc.
90% of the time, I have the seats up. But it’s really nice in those “Oh Boy, we need to fit this in There??” times to be able to fold them flat and slide big stuff in.

I think its a giant missed opportunity for Ford

Sponsored

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Guess you're canceling your bronco order then, lol
Yeah lol. Difference is that my Bronco arrived with all the parts installed, and in the right places. The one manufacturing quality issue was identified and addressed before the vehicle was delivered. I was informed about it by the manufacturer and had the option to back out of the deal prior to delivery.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My XTerra also has fold flat rear seats. And a solid rear axle, 4WD, etc.
90% of the time, I have the seats up. But it’s really nice in those “Oh Boy, we need to fit this in There??” times to be able to fold them flat and slide big stuff in.

I think its a giant missed opportunity for Ford
Fortunately, you can see the future, so just tell us what Ford is going to do in future model years and when, so we can plan accordingly. 😉

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP< When I was looking at the GG, the company said they would only ship to Licensed installers.
How did you manager to get this for self install?

Not unless your lucky enough to be in California?

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP< When I was looking at the GG, the company said they would only ship to Licensed installers.

Dealers will allow you to self-install. That's what mine told me, anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncorik do you use ForScan? Maybe you can ditch the rear belts altogether

FORscan IPC... 720-01-01.. all seats belts can be disabled.. driver seat and passenger seat also... your choice

Credit to @cowman
I might go that route, but as-is the receptacles are velcroed under the platform with no fitment issues. My fear of FORSCAN is potential issues with warranty if the mothership find owners going down that road...

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

California. Unless GG revamps the block heights and their placement, it won't make a difference who is tasked with the install...it will lead to some bewilderment and frustration. GG quickly sent me the missing 2 mend plates and bolts, and I was able to install them and close out that project. I really do think the GG intent is good, and the end result is much more practical usable space that absolutely outshines the factory setup (and in my case is much more visually-appealing than the panel I had made. Here is what mine looks like now after I added the last two plates:

20220101_121308.jpg

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
California. Unless GG revamps the block heights and their placement, it won't make a difference who is tasked with the install...it will lead to some bewilderment and frustration. GG quickly sent me the missing 2 mend plates and bolts, and I was able to install them and close out that project. I really do think the GG intent is good, and the end result is much more practical usable space that absolutely outshines the factory setup (and in my case is much more visually-appealing than the panel I had made. Here is what mine looks like now after I added the last two plates:

20220101_121308.jpg
I just noticed another interesting "option" on my GG passenger panel...the GG logo, instead of spelling out "GOOSE," as it is on the driver side panel and the jack door, spells out "GOOOE." No impact on functionality but now it makes sense that our early production Broncos have a few hiccups...it appears the first production runs overlap with the last engineering runs. Maybe my GOOOE panel will become a collector's item?
20220101_155627.jpg

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just noticed another interesting "option" on my GG passenger panel...the GG logo, instead of spelling out "GOOSE," as it is on the driver side panel and the jack door, spells out "GOOOE." No impact on functionality but now it makes sense that our early production Broncos have a few hiccups...it appears the first production runs overlap with the last engineering runs. Maybe my GOOOE panel will become a collector's item?
20220101_155627.jpg
One more adjustment needed on the Goose Gear if you take delivery of the kit in its current state. At the front of the driver and passenger panels, there are aluminum square channels attached with several allen head bolts (and flat nuts that slide into those channels) to the bottom of those panels. The vertical panels attach to those square channels with two allen head bolts and flat nuts. As delivered, the square channels are in a
20220102_070949.jpg
position that puts them too close to the passenger and driver cargo side panels...so close that you won't be able to get the front of the panels in position without having the aluminum channel dig in to the plastic panel(s). The solution is to loosen the allen screws in the horizontal panels slightly (just enough to move the channels but not enough to have the flat nuts fall into the channels), and move the channels inward until the outermost flat nut edge sticks out of the channel about 1/16." Then snug the bolts...and that will get you the clearance you need. Additionally, before you put the horizontal panels in place you need to loosely attach the vertical panels into the channels (you won't be able to do that if the horizontal panels are in place). Also note that the vertical panels are directional...check the contours of your footwells to figure out which way they need to go. You can then attach them loosely and slide them to the right spot before you snug them. Pic attached of the square channel and the plastic side panel.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think we can all agree that this system looks really nice when installed.
and unfortunately, just too much uncertainty around parts and details to even think about dropping the cash on it. Which sucks, cause I really wanted this.
Sponsored