First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was trying to use the GoPro app to control my GoPro that was mounted to the bumper this past weekend. In the driveway it works fine. Have preview, start/stop recordings etc. no problem from my iphone. Get to the trail (out of cell range) and it won't sync up. Sees the Gopro, hooks up to the GoPro wifi but can't control it or get preview or anything. I tried turning off car play, turning off the phone, closing app multiple times, turning GoPro off and on and nothing. Get home and try it at the house and it works seamlessly. Only thing I didn't try was deleting the Bronco from the bluetooth list on my iPhone but I'd hate to do this all the time just to use the GoPro. I know you can control it manually but you have to get in and out of the bronco a lot and as happened this weekend I ended up in time-lapse mode accidentally instead of video and didn't get footage of some of the best parts of the trail.

Anyone else experience this or have a solution/suggestion?
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go into "connectivity" on the Bronco and disable wireless app projection? That does the trick for me. CarPlay then releases its lock on the Wifi adapter of the phone.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also: Consider the GoPro remote. You can control the mode and start/stop from there, even across three cameras simultaneously.
Sponsored