First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone confirm on the D6s, as best I can tell, they mount via brackets under the vehicle as well as to the pinch seam so they sit a little higher.

I have the OEM steps and I don't like how low they sit, so I can see the pinch seam holes.

Thanks
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can someone confirm on the D6s, as best I can tell, they mount via brackets under the vehicle as well as to the pinch seam so they sit a little higher.

I have the OEM steps and I don't like how low they sit, so I can see the pinch seam holes.

Thanks
You are correct. Many of us also covered the pinch welds with xpel tape first and it really completes the look.

20211230_150437.jpg

20211224_102545.jpg

20211224_102628.jpg

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Super helpful and it looks really clean.

so this stuff? Which I found on Amazon? Then basically wrap the seam and create holes to mount everything

Brand: XPEL
XPEL Black Universal Bed Rail Guard (17' x 4") Paint Protection Film Kit

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Super helpful and it looks really clean.

so this stuff? Which I found on Amazon? Then basically wrap the seam and create holes to mount everything

Brand: XPEL
XPEL Black Universal Bed Rail Guard (17' x 4") Paint Protection Film Kit
This is what I used:

XPEL Black Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EP52I...t_i_NAJ9KCH5PE4GZ7JA1M69?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It took just under 1.5 rolls per side, so buy 3 rolls and you're good to go.

But what you found would likely work too.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks
Underside of the DSS. It should be the same mount as D6.

EC663D15-B820-4677-A22D-B5BB7E8A4E8D.jpeg

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what I used:

XPEL Black Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EP52I...t_i_NAJ9KCH5PE4GZ7JA1M69?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It took just under 1.5 rolls per side, so buy 3 rolls and you're good to go.

But what you found would likely work too.
Do you have any kind of little tutorial for how you did the Xpel? I'm going to be changing my rock rails to these same type of rails (or maybe the D'4's), i've never done any kind of PPF or anything....was it a lot of measuring and cutting? Tucking?

Any help/tips appreciated.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you have any kind of little tutorial for how you did the Xpel? I'm going to be changing my rock rails to these same type of rails (or maybe the D'4's), i've never done any kind of PPF or anything....was it a lot of measuring and cutting? Tucking?

I just started at one end of the pinch weld until the roll ran out and folded it over the other side to cover both sides. Then went to other end and came back with another roll and just barely overlapped where the last one ended. Folded it over to cover other side again. Very sticky so easy to apply. I then used a Phillips head screw driver to poke a hole back through where the holes all ready were in the pinch weld. Very little cutting as usual only need to cut the 2nd roll once it's overlapping the first. Very short cut to just cut it from the roll. This is why I used what I did. Perfect width for folding over with no excess and length allows for only one cut as it will take the full first roll and part of the second so there us only one cut on the 2nd roll.

As to the bars I had them professionally installed, but if you dig on here you'll find a couple very in depth installing threads on here. If I can find one in a bit, I'll post the link here for you.

Last edited:

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just started at one end of the pinch weld until the roll ran out and folded it over the other side to cover both sides. Then went to other end and came back with another roll and just barely overlapped where the last one ended. Folded it over to cover other side again. Very sticky so easy to apply. I then used a Phillips head screw driver to poke a hole back through where the holes all ready were in the pinch weld.

As to the bars I had them professionally installed, but if you dig on here you'll find a couple very in depth installing threads on here. If I can find one in a bit, I'll post the link here for you.
Awesome. Thank you very much. yea, link would be good.

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically, have them clean of mud and dirt, wipe the area with alcohol and paper towels, and start at the back. Align the bottom of the Xpel with the bottom of the pinch weld and push it into the body curve. I think there are some bolts at the front and you have to leave the front uncovered.
If you order an extra roll, you can use it for the door sills.

BBE9DB52-27C1-4B0C-AD4C-F7ED40BC0677.jpeg

5ED6E9DD-B1ED-4EC4-AA2E-D8F54243A2FA.jpeg

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Basically, have them clean of mud and dirt, wipe the area with alcohol and paper towels, and start at the back. Align the bottom of the Xpel with the bottom of the pinch weld and push it into the body curve. I think there are some bolts at the front and you have to leave the front uncovered.
If you order an extra roll, you can use it for the door sills.

Ford Bronco GoRhino DSS Steps / Sliders installed on 2021 Bronco Badlands 5ED6E9DD-B1ED-4EC4-AA2E-D8F54243A2FA

Ford Bronco GoRhino DSS Steps / Sliders installed on 2021 Bronco Badlands 5ED6E9DD-B1ED-4EC4-AA2E-D8F54243A2FA
Does it fold like front to back? in other words the face of the pinch weld back to the underside?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it fold like front to back? in other words the face of the pinch weld back to the underside?
No, I didn’t fold it underneath the pinch weld. You want water to drain.
You’ll see it when you do it. You’re not folding it…your pushing it up into the body curve.

AC579049-85E7-41A7-83C2-DCA8B71773DE.jpeg

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone got to try them out on some rocks?
Sponsored