Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Glad you liked the Xpel. It looks factory to most people that see mine. Lol

To answer some other stuff I used a basic ratchet set and a floor jack. Without the floor jack you’ll need a friend.

As far as corrosion goes. I live in Atlanta so if the roads get that salty thing have really gone off the rails! Lol
Did you have to cut the door sill tape? What did you use for install instructions? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to cut the door sill tape? What did you use for install instructions? Thanks.
It's one 60" piece of tape. No real instructions other than cut it and stick it. As I a said above I cut it into 2 - 18" pieces and 2 - 12" pieces then radiused the corners by tracing a dime onto the tape backer then cutting it with a sharp xacto knife.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's one 60" piece of tape. No real instructions other than cut it and stick it. As I a said above I cut it into 2 - 18" pieces and 2 - 12" pieces then radiused the corners by tracing a dime onto the tape backer then cutting it with a sharp xacto knife.
That's the part I was looking for. The tracing of the dime. :) I liked how your corners were rounded. Thanks.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
solo but I used a floor jack to keep them in place while I attached them. Without a floor jack you’d definitely need help.
I just installed the dss sliders today and this was exactly how I did it alone . The floor jack was my best friend .

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ‘69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

installed the Go Rhino DSS's I got from @Stage 3 Motorsports (good company/pricing/fast west coast shipping so far!) Go Rhino makes a nice looking product.

it was a one man show, took a couple hours while taking my time and making a couple adjustments. And honestly, unless you have a vehicle lift, I really don't know how "helpers" would be a better option. I did use a "Fishing Magnet" to hold the step brackets in place to get starter bolts in, which was key.

IMG_3025.jpeg

Sponsored

N8Kern

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good thread thread and best looking side step so far.

How is the grip based on the textured finish when wet? Is there enough or would you add/ord they have the option a little more textured for less possible slip on the tubular part? TIA

Unit91

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
installed the Go Rhino DSS's I got from @Stage 3 Motorsports (good company/pricing/fast west coast shipping so far!) Go Rhino makes a nice looking product.

it was a one man show, took a couple hours while taking my time and making a couple adjustments. And honestly, unless you have a vehicle lift, I really don't know how "helpers" would be a better option. I did use a "Fishing Magnet" to hold the step brackets in place to get starter bolts in, which was key.

IMG_3025.jpeg
Ford Bronco GoRhino DSS Steps / Sliders installed on 2021 Bronco Badlands 20211231_160130
Got mine on last night and finished this AM. I didn't have a magnet readily available, so I stuffed a shop rag into the slot behind the L bracket. Similar trick I have to do with my Kamado Joe when I put the firebox sections in.
Also used a pair of plastic totes to help balance the rail.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco GoRhino DSS Steps / Sliders installed on 2021 Bronco Badlands 20211231_160130
Got mine on last night and finished this AM. I didn't have a magnet readily available, so I stuffed a shop rag into the slot behind the L bracket. Similar trick I have to do with my Kamado Joe when I put the firebox sections in.
Congrats, It looks great! I think this is what I’ll leaning towards as a step should make it easier for the family. Is the step about 17” off the ground?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is that the D6 from Go Rhino?

Unit91

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that the D6 from Go Rhino?
Yeah. These are the D6. Honestly didn't realize the width difference when ordering. Probably would've gone a different model, but this will be great for my kids to step in. Still a win win.

Sponsored

Unit91

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats, It looks great! I think this is what I’ll leaning towards as a step should make it easier for the family. Is the step about 17” off the ground?
About 17 3/8" to the top of the rail.

Last edited:

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the drivers side according to the directions.... the passenger side, I just did what I thought was best. Bolting the brackets to the rail while still on the floor, then slowly using my floor jack to raise it up until I could bolt the brackets on to the truck. Easy Peasy.
Passenger side was done, minus clean-up, in 30 minutes
Sponsored