First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So my dealer Kendall Ford got their fist demo unit in. A Badlands 4dr softtop 2.3 manual with 285/70/R17 tires mounted. When I stopped in I see this bright yellow orange beast. I walk in and talk to my sales agent and he throws me the keys and says go check it out. As he gets the paperwork for me to sign to test drive.

I have to say when I pushed the start button and the engine purred to life was awesome! I have always wanted the 7 speed manual and I was so impressed!
I currently drive a 2009 Honda civic 5 sp manual which has an amazing shift. The Bronco was smoother and funner to shift!
The 2.3 had more than enough power for me! I don't plan on drag racing my Bronco.
It was super strong especially when you hit 3rd gear. I was concerned that the large tires would hold it back, but not a bit!
I drove down the normal streets and decided to flip back the soft top. 2 snaps and a good push and it was all open air. Even with the roof open the AC was super powerful!
On the way back I decided to take the freeway so I closed the softtop because I wanted to hear how bad the road noise would be. At 70 mph it was not nearly as bad as I feared. Yes, it is louder than a hard top, but not bothersome at all. I could hear the radio just fine. We could carry on a normal conversation just fine!
I now am completely happy with my choice to go softtop until MIC problems are fixed.
I am now more excited than ever!
20210731_115641.jpg
20210731_115658.jpg
20210731_123654.jpg
20210731_123648.jpg
20210731_120141.jpg
20210731_123540.jpg
20210731_120157.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look at that smile on your face!!! Still haven’t driven one and mine is scheduled for build next Thursday. I ordered Cyber Orange and every time I see it, I love it more.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s awesome! Love the review!

hate that the dealership splattered their damn name across that beautiful beast...

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

hate that the dealership splattered their damn name across that beautiful beast...
Agreed. But at the same time it clearly points out it’s not for sale to anyone and that lettering is easily removable with no damage when it goes up for sale.

OP
OP
Cridlon

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look at that smile on your face!!! Still haven’t driven one and mine is scheduled for build next Thursday. I ordered Cyber Orange and every time I see it, I love it more.
I smiled the whole trip!

OP
OP
Cridlon

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that! But the fact that my dealer was just take it! Was awesome! My sales guys was like "I guess you'll bring it back tomorrow!" 🤣

OP
OP
Cridlon

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed. But at the same time it clearly points out it’s not for sale to anyone and that lettering is easily removable with no damage when it goes up for sale.
Yes, it was just a wrap! He said they will remove it eventually when they sell it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove this manual 2 door yesterday and could NOT stop smiling. I felt like a little kid again. Can't wait til we all have our Broncos!
Ford Bronco Got a test drive finally in Idaho! 20210730_123928
I would have a hard time giving that up at the end. Basically what I ordered but in my second color choice.

Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool, that's one heck of a courtesy vehicle. Just saw my first one in Pullman, WA yesterday ripping around on the streets. Was a 4dr a51 soft top something, with the premium lights. Hoping it's one of the dealers and I can try it out next week 😬

OP
OP
Cridlon

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When people ask why I chose the manual transmission:

Loving all the 7MT reviews, seems like people have nothing but good things to say about them!
I loved the feeling of control! The shift was like butter!

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe the difference in the reviews between professional journalist and the average joe.
Just glad to see the journalist agree. I will go with them.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have a hard time giving that up at the end. Basically what I ordered but in my second color choice.
Same. It's my build minus the high package. If it was Cactus with a high package they would have had to call the police to come collect their vehicle :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored