First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bet, assuming the OP isn't trolling us, that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Order banks are *not* open, but the dealer, knowing this guy is good for the money and knows what he wants, and that the banks will open soon, figures he can get his "order" on paper to put it in the system as soon as the banks open... and to save having to schedule taking the order later when they'll be slammed with people who don't know what they want.

As far as the OP is concerned, his Bronco is ordered (no more work on his part)... and that very well may be how his dealer conveyed the process to him for ease of explanation.
Agreed. This isn't even the first person who's dealer has requested a B&P sent to them sob they're ready to submit it on December 7th when ordering opens.

I think they just want to it now to avoid a crush of messages/calls when actual ordering can be done. Not a bad idea unless they're are actually significant differences in B&P options, which doesn't seem that likely to me.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looked in WBDO and there is still no option to build/submit Bronco orders (figured I'd check in case they at least added the ability to build before the banks open), so either fake news or they are just trying to get their ducks in a row ahead of time.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. This isn't even the first person who's dealer has requested a B&P sent to them sob they're ready to submit it on December 7th when ordering opens.

I think they just want to it now to avoid a crush of messages/calls when actual ordering can be done. Not a bad idea unless they're are actually significant differences in B&P options, which doesn't seem that likely to me.
Normally you are right it’s not a bad idea, but it’s stupid for any dealer to go with it right now way to many things still in the wind.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got off the phone with my dealer.... he said the Ford Rep. was there Tues... and told them they would be able to place order as soon as the info to order came to them... he said they got the word late Tues afternoon they could start the orders..... I emailed him my build and he said he would send it into day.... asked him if he saw any possible of a price increase before delivery.... he said he doesn't see it happening.... I told him.... you know I'm not going to pay sticker price.... he laughed... and said you never do..... maybe I'll get a 100.00 off... LOL
I hope you like your Bronco Sport! lol

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is an AWESOME DEALER!!! Did he by any chance tell you the build date already? Or maybe the delivery date of when you can sign the check?

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know this was my first post... I have been here a while just reading and watching..... and learning.... I just wanted to pass on some info that I got from my dealer.... someone I trust and is a very good friend of mine for years..... I don't need this crap....You can believe me or not... I don't care..... MINE IS ORDERED.... BYE....
LOL TROLL just rage quit.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got a email from my dealer... aid... Ok...get it built and send it to me...I can place the order now...
I received an email from my previous dealer stating the protocol with the deposit. They stated the order will take place starting Dec. 7th. at the earliest. You may want to review again their comments to you again about the protocol from FMC.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know this was my first post... I have been here a while just reading and watching..... and learning.... I just wanted to pass on some info that I got from my dealer.... someone I trust and is a very good friend of mine for years..... I don't need this crap....You can believe me or not... I don't care..... MINE IS ORDERED.... BYE....
You mad, bro?

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer is not fake news.... been doing business with them for 30 years... they don't want to lie to me.... bought too may trucks and cars from them...
really , I know a few people on a VIP list and they have not received that call. You must be a Ford family member?

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Normally you are right it’s not a bad idea, but it’s stupid for any dealer to go with it right now way to many things still in the wind.
Dealers are feeling the pinch from Ford because they are not in total control of the situation on Bronco, like they have been for years on similar products. Farley has figured out the individual dealership owners can be toxic to the parent company of Ford.

With Bronco, does the company want that much separation from their customers? I love that Farley has begun to get these dealers acts together. Some of them still can not, and they will get left out of this market, it could spell the end for them. Other more savvy dealers understand that the buck is not in the original purchase. Farley really did the consumer a solid on that front. I hope it is just the beginning.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All dealership team members here at 6G really need to up their game.

Looks like this dealer has a special order hotline direct to Ford. No WBDO needed.

Ford Bronco Got email from my dealer that I can place order now 1605724810317

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know... but I sent him my build and he said he would place it....
Yep-Should start seeing more of this.-I sent my Build PDF last week. My dealer has 350+ Revs. They are staging for the book opening. Makes sense-why wait if your good to go. They have communicated with me early on and called last week to provided the details needed beyond the build PDF. Their process from this point is to pull my build sheet just before entering to confirm all aspects of price, options and contract. As for any added DIO to the B & P, I told them what I am looking for and they said they will keep me posted.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.