First Name
Bgame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep-Should start seeing more of this.-I sent my Build PDF last week. My dealer has 350+ Revs. They are staging for the book opening. Makes sense-why wait if your good to go. They have communicated with me early on and called last week to provided the details needed beyond the build PDF. Their process from this point is to pull my build sheet just before entering to confirm all aspects of price, options and contract. As for any added DIO to the B & P, I told them what I am looking for and they said they will keep me posted.
Sound like you have a good dealer also....
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer has asked me for my order whenever I'm ready as well. I'm not.

Just trying to get their ducks in a row I assume.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's far from definitive. Ford recommended to dealers that they enter their orders in reservation timestamp order; but they didn't mandate it. Is Ford going to reorder the orders from the order that a dealer puts them in? Based on all the changes Ford has put in with the allocation process catering to big dealers...I wouldn't bet on it.
This ^^^ is all the more reason for dealers to start shaking out real orders. The B & P hasn't changed much and for the most part the Dealer Guide book lines up. Not sure what chaos some think is going to happen in the next few weeks.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is preparation by dealers, not actual orders. What we have been saying from the start.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got a email from my dealer... aid... Ok...get it built and send it to me...I can place the order now...
My dealer is not fake news.... been doing business with them for 30 years... they don't want to lie to me.... bought too may trucks and cars from them...
I know... but I sent him my build and he said he would place it....
He might have... but he knows he messes with me ... we are done...
Of course it is always up to the dealer as of what to sell it for... never paid sticker price yet.... won't know the price till I write the check....
Just got off the phone with my dealer.... he said the Ford Rep. was there Tues... and told them they would be able to place order as soon as the info to order came to them... he said they got the word late Tues afternoon they could start the orders..... I emailed him my build and he said he would send it into day.... asked him if he saw any possible of a price increase before delivery.... he said he doesn't see it happening.... I told him.... you know I'm not going to pay sticker price.... he laughed... and said you never do..... maybe I'll get a 100.00 off... LOL
You know this was my first post... I have been here a while just reading and watching..... and learning.... I just wanted to pass on some info that I got from my dealer.... someone I trust and is a very good friend of mine for years..... I don't need this crap....You can believe me or not... I don't care..... MINE IS ORDERED.... BYE....

So let's get this straight. You believe your dealer to be honest and straightforward, yet you never state whether or not your dealer is smart. I'm guessing that either one of two things has happened. 1) Your dealer has stuck your build and price info into a notebook and for your sake, hope that it get's entered in about 2 1/2 weeks, or 2) you've bought yourself a Bronco Sport.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is preparation by dealers, not actual orders. What we have been saying from the start.
And prepartation by buyers-When it's my time to go into the order book, my dealer just has to shoot me an email asking if I'm good and attach the discussed contract for approval. I get it that some have issues and questions that they need walking through but others are ready. Why wouldn't dealers find those that are ready and that gives them more time for those buyers that are uncertain.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huge difference between send me your build so we can have it available and I can order now.
Ford details Bronco allocation process to dealers; top performers could get 'hundreds'

Per Autonews

DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. executives are hopeful that dealers will convert an "incredibly high" percentage of Bronco SUV reservations into actual sales and believe they'll be filling those orders for more than a year.

The automaker on Friday reached out to its U.S. retail network in a video to describe the allocation process for one of the most highly-anticipated vehicle launches in its recent history. Ford began building Bronco pre-production models at its Michigan Assembly Plant this week and plans to deliver the first off-roaders starting in late spring of next year.

Ford earlier this week said the Bronco build-and-price site will go live in October. Beginning in November and continuing through January, dealers will work with customers to convert their $100 refundable deposit into an actual sale, confirming accessory purchases, final prices and financing options. Ford expects to offer customers an approximate timeframe on their vehicle's build date starting in February.

Mark LaNeve, Ford's vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service, told Automotive News he initially expects "over 75 percent" of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to sales, although that conversion rate is likely to fall for customers who have to wait longer for their Bronco. He said Ford will "definitely" be filling reservations into 2022.

Dealer allocation will depend on a retailer's market size, previous SUV sales performance, the number of reservations tied to their store and competitive off-road registrations in their market, LaNeve said.

"We're really trying to have an equitable and fair process for allocating to dealers," LaNeve said. "We have dealers that will get hundreds of Broncos allocated to them in 2021 and you go from there. Bigger dealers with lots of reservations will generate the most allocation, but we're going to try and take care of every dealer who has reservations."

He declined to offer any production estimates, but before the coronavirus pandemic Ford officials indicated they expect sales of the Bronco family of vehicles — which will include two- and four-door versions of the Bronco as well as the Bronco Sport — will hit at least 200,000 in 2021.

LaNeve declined to say how many Bronco Sport reservations Ford has recorded, noting it was "a lot less than the two-door and four-door but still significant." He said he Bronco Sport will go on sale about the same time as the redesigned F-150, which will hit showrooms in November.

LaNeve said dealers are not required to invest in facility upgrades to sell the Bronco, although they must undergo training, add certain displays to their showrooms and develop a business plan with one of Ford's eight accessory distribution centers.
Let's not forget that Ford is the one that stated that beginning in November that dealers will be working with customers to convert orders. I think we are seeing the start of this process.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's not forget that Ford is the one that stated that beginning in November that dealers will be working with customers to convert orders. I think we are seeing the start of this process.
4 problems with that.

1. They spelled his name wrong
2. He is generally full of shit
3. Starting to work with and order now are completely different things
4. It’s posted right on the FAQ page
Ford Bronco Got email from my dealer that I can place order now 682686EB-9C1F-4CFF-930D-6268A6644D1E

Last edited:

Sponsored

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's far from definitive. Ford recommended to dealers that they enter their orders in reservation timestamp order; but they didn't mandate it. Is Ford going to reorder the orders from the order that a dealer puts them in? Based on all the changes Ford has put in with the allocation process catering to big dealers...I wouldn't bet on it.
Each reservation has a unique reservation number assigned to it in Ford's system. Each reservation number has a timestamp associated with it, also in the system. Orders begin in December and run in to January. Reservations must be converted by Jan 31, or the deposit gets refunded and the reservation disappears. VINs do not get assigned until some time in March, I believe.

I think January 31 to March whatever is plenty of time for Fords computer system to sort the orders by timestamp. Now, we all know the timestamp isn't the only metric used in building and shipping Broncos, but it's pretty damn close, if you remove any late availability requests.

Do I have definitive proof of this? No. Is it rational to believe this? I think so.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The post above about starting in November was done by Doug on 9-25-20. You know the guy that runs this site.
4 problems with that.

1. They spelled his name wrong
2. He is generally full of shit
3. Starting to work with and order now are completely different things
4. It’s posted right on the FAQ page
Ford Bronco Got email from my dealer that I can place order now 682686EB-9C1F-4CFF-930D-6268A6644D1E

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh crap you’re right I never noticed that. My bad-still doesn’t change the fact you cannot place an order now.
Like I said...my dealer said I can put my order in now. It won't actually go into the system until it's open but it definitely seems that dealers are starting to ask for orders if customers are ready. So I agree with the guy you are arguing with...we are starting to see the process but only at a dealer level.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.