Sponsored

Got my beauty rings powder coated black... Few things...

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I'm very happy with the all black look. The silver rings just weren't doing it for me. All black much better.

But... The Torx bolts. THEY SUCK. I stripped 3 and they are $10 EACH. That's for a crappy bolt.

And why Torx bolts? They are so easy to strip (before you jump on me I DO have the correct size Torx plus bit) and not very easy to keep the bit on them. They are not very deep.

When I took them off they had some yellow stuff on the threads... I guess some kind of thread locker? Anyway that stuff dried in the wheel threads and it's preventing the bolts from threading in easily. I have to sit and scrape each hole out and then try to put these in without stripping any more.

Are there any kind of aftermarket replacements that don't cost $600 just for a set of bolts that are garbage?

Not a fan of the Torx.

PXL_20220521_182520217.jpg

PXL_20220521_182525492.jpg

PXL_20220521_182513311.jpg
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue. I just bought the couple I needed from Ford and moved on. It was painful to remove these and re-install.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wife and I totally agree the silver was horrible. Love the black, but we went with color match. Mine are black until the sun hits them. Then the AMB shines through.
Ford Bronco Got my beauty rings powder coated black... Few things... 24FC6C79-8544-4B5C-8A72-EDA27B2B4337

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wife and I totally agree the silver was horrible. Love the black, but we went with color match. Mine are black until the sun hits them. Then the AMB shines through.
Ford Bronco Got my beauty rings powder coated black... Few things... 24FC6C79-8544-4B5C-8A72-EDA27B2B4337
Looks nice. That's AMB rings?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I give you guys credit. I could never do it. I feel like the silver ring will be a signature aspect of this generation Bronco.
That's cool, I liked them for a while but found myself looking at them in pics and then I'd at a Wildtrak and it looked better to me. I like the blacked out look. I blacked out my 2011 Mustang GT made everything chrome black. Like that look.

You do you. No modification necessary lol

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what happened with some of the Torx bolts? Seems to be two camps on this, some folks hate them, stripped one or more, etc......or folks had zero problem with any of them. My son and I had two impact guns running on our Badlands had all 5 rings off in less than 5 min. Put them back on with a 20v cordless drill though, no issues.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue. I just bought the couple I needed from Ford and moved on. It was painful to remove these and re-install.
I didn’t have an issue removing and re-installing and I didn’t use Torx Plus…couldn’t find anyone who had one, just took my time, didn’t use power tools and kept constant pressure on the bolt…easy peezy! 🐴🐴🥌🤟

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I give you guys credit. I could never do it. I feel like the silver ring will be a signature aspect of this generation Bronco.
Feel the same. Black rims look to plain and end up looking like winter rims with winter tires on them. One of the items that attracted me to the Sasquatch package was actually the silver beauty ring. Each to his own I guess.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, I'm very happy with the all black look. The silver rings just weren't doing it for me. All black much better.

But... The Torx bolts. THEY SUCK. I stripped 3 and they are $10 EACH. That's for a crappy bolt.

And why Torx bolts? They are so easy to strip (before you jump on me I DO have the correct size Torx plus bit) and not very easy to keep the bit on them. They are not very deep.

When I took them off they had some yellow stuff on the threads... I guess some kind of thread locker? Anyway that stuff dried in the wheel threads and it's preventing the bolts from threading in easily. I have to sit and scrape each hole out and then try to put these in without stripping any more.

Are there any kind of aftermarket replacements that don't cost $600 just for a set of bolts that are garbage?

Not a fan of the Torx.

Nicely done!!!. Torx Plus?

Here's a share (trying to get the word out there).... I was doing some crawling through the rocks and scored up one of my rings.

So I'm looking for another set just for crawling. If anyone has a set to sell...

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to find some chrome head bolts that fit in place of the Torx Plus bolts. I think the Ford advertising pics with the broncos that have all black with the silver/chrome head bolts would look great.

MLPAGANO72

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did the same thing. Love the black rings on our OBX.
I used regular T45 (not plus). I watched many videos on which to use.
I had no issues with the regular T45.

E229FFF6-4974-4ED1-8758-83864C9009AB.jpeg

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Feel the same. Black rims look to plain and end up looking like winter rims with winter tires on them. One of the items that attracted me to the Sasquatch package was actually the silver beauty ring. Each to his own I guess.
If the WT didn’t have the darker rings, I could at least ponder the idea—just to be different and unique—but it does…. So it kinda has that “Raptor grille on a Lariat”-feel to me.

But yeah, the silver ring is such a distinct feature on this gen Bronco—it drew me to it, as well. To be honest, without it, along with the headlights, this is a pretty plain-looking vehicle without much character.

Doing a powder coat is the way to do it though. 10 years ago, a lot of guys would’ve gone the Plast-dip route. That never aged well!

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the same thing. Love the black rings on our OBX.
I used regular T45 (not plus). I watched many videos on which to use.
I had no issues with the regular T45.

Ford Bronco Got my beauty rings powder coated black... Few things... E229FFF6-4974-4ED1-8758-83864C9009AB
Love that color combo. My first car was a 1966 Mustang I restored and painted it dark green with black interior. Loved it. Where in Jersey are you, there's an Eruption Green Bronco I've seen running around. I'm in Bergen County.
Sponsored