Sponsored

Got my first oil change at 1100 miles. Dealer retuned it with a chipped windshield😳

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to the dealer to get the first oil change out of the way. Spoke to my salesman and told him how awesome this thing has been. Service advisor tells me this is the first bronco in their shop. Leaving tomorrow for a trip from Florida to New Jersey.

85 minutes later when I get it back I pull about 1/4 mile down the road and then I see it. Marble sized chip driver side just below rear view. 😳 Called immediately and the advisor says he’ll talk to his manager and get back to me. Three hours later he calls to tell me my insurance should cover it. That I can’t prove they did it so they can’t help. Says it never left their lot. Even though I got it back with 1.7 more miles than my receipt said. But I have no picture of the odometer to prove this. Who knew it was on me to photograph my truck uhaul style before turning the fob over to someone else? I fully expected the windshield to break one day. But didn’t think my dealer would do it for me. I’m just kinda sad. (I know, first world problems)

Ford Bronco Got my first oil change at 1100 miles. Dealer retuned it with a chipped windshield😳 B0BF15E8-664D-433C-8482-FD3C37B8FE6D
Ford Bronco Got my first oil change at 1100 miles. Dealer retuned it with a chipped windshield😳 987155EA-B464-4F7C-B7ED-3DF215266A4E
Ford Bronco Got my first oil change at 1100 miles. Dealer retuned it with a chipped windshield😳 386A7C99-4FA2-463A-9419-7407B75E5CD2
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah sorry, this is my fear someone else causing damage before I do.

Hindsight 20/20, but when servicing keep checking your Fordpass location if enabled. I found my dealer took mine over to a 3rd party tint shop adding 10 miles. Screenshots were taken just incase. Can also enable the securealert thing, which is annoying, but it gives the location the door was opened at and thus breadcrumbs.

Milzy90

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE 20 Explorer ST 90 Bronco + many more
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Went to the dealer to get the first oil change out of the way. Spoke to my salesman and told him how awesome this thing has been. Service advisor tells me this is the first bronco in their shop. Leaving tomorrow for a trip from Florida to New Jersey.

85 minutes later when I get it back I pull about 1/4 mile down the road and then I see it. Marble sized chip driver side just below rear view. 😳 Called immediately and the advisor says he’ll talk to his manager and get back to me. Three hours later he calls to tell me my insurance should cover it. That I can’t prove they did it so they can’t help. Says it never left their lot. Even though I got it back with 1.7 more miles than my receipt said. But I have no picture of the odometer to prove this. Who knew it was on me to photograph my truck uhaul style before turning the fob over to someone else? I fully expected the windshield to break one day. But didn’t think my dealer would do it for me. I’m just kinda sad. (I know, first world problems)

Ford Bronco Got my first oil change at 1100 miles. Dealer retuned it with a chipped windshield😳 386A7C99-4FA2-463A-9419-7407B75E5CD2
Call ford crc and make a complaint and tell them exactly that. Most likely will goodwill you a windshield. I work for a ford dealer and can tell you stories of the ridiculous stuff I have seen them cover this would be nothing. You can get your way with them if your persistent enough.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That sucks! I reviewed my dash cam after first oil change at service department and it was eye opening. Obvious that were unaware of the camera and audio recording. Very shady and unprofessional. Not a happy work environment. I will avoid unless last resort. I also should add to check your oil level, mine was way above max. good times

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is why I work on my own cars UNTIL I can't.

If you don't own it then you don't care about it.
nobody loves your vehicle the way you do
Sponsored