Got my vin confirmed today. 2021 or 2021 model year? And color is wrong

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I got my vin confirmed today. Little confused though. I previously received an email stating that I would be pushed to a 22. I had also heard from the dealer that they shut down and retool in November. So if you don’t make that cut it would be a 22. My emails says dec 7 build. So is mine a 22?

also, the color is wrong. Does anyone know how I would go about getting that corrected?
Lastly, does anyone know if we can add accessories such as lights at this point ?
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my memory serves me correctly, you are in the last week or two of '21 production. I believe color is one of the things you can still change after receiving your VIN, but I wouldn't wait to do it if you are going to. Scheduling for '22 model year hasn't taken place yet and I would assume that it won't until the order banks have been opened.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If my memory serves me correctly, you are in the last week or two of '21 production. I believe color is one of the things you can still change after receiving your VIN, but I wouldn't wait to do it if you are going to. Scheduling for '22 model year hasn't taken place yet and I would assume that it won't until the order banks have been opened.
Do you know if there is a way to push to 22. I would have loved to have gotten my B earlier this year and enjoyed it, but last dec sucks! Automatically depreciates a year in a couple weeks. Don’t mean to complain but would rather be first or second waive in 22 or spring for that matter living in MN

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if there is a way to push to 22. I would have loved to have gotten my B earlier this year and enjoyed it, but last dec sucks! Automatically depreciates a year in a couple weeks. Don’t mean to complain but would rather be first or second waive in 22 or spring for that matter living in MN
Once you have that VIN, she's getting built as a '21. You do have the option of placing another order when the '22 order banks open, although it won't be tied to your reservation. I do understand that being the very last of the '21s can be bittersweet. I imagine there are a massive number of order holders who would change places with you in a heartbeat if they could. You've waited a very long time for this to happen; don't let what might have been detract from your enjoyment of it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once you have that VIN, she's getting built as a '21. You do have the option of placing another order when the '22 order banks open, although it won't be tied to your reservation. I do understand that being the very last of the '21s can be bittersweet. I imagine there are a massive number of order holders who would change places with you in a heartbeat if they could. You've waited a very long time for this to happen; don't let what might have been detract from your enjoyment of it.
I have mixed thoughts being at the tail end of 2021. Mostly I am excited to have a VIN, etc., and although it isn't ideal to be at the end of the build cycle, it has some perks - like getting some of the bugs/kinks worked out and being thankful for getting a build this year when, as you said, many folks are still waiting unfortunately.

Maybe I'm out to lunch on this, but would a 1st model year of a new generation like this hold more value on trade-in vs. a 2nd year? Especially since it's a somewhat limited production run?

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my VIN today also. 11/29 week build

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I got my vin confirmed today. Little confused though. I previously received an email stating that I would be pushed to a 22. I had also heard from the dealer that they shut down and retool in November. So if you don’t make that cut it would be a 22. My emails says dec 7 build. So is mine a 22?

also, the color is wrong. Does anyone know how I would go about getting that corrected?
Lastly, does anyone know if we can add accessories such as lights at this point ?
You can change color and that's about it. MY21 is good! You could flip immediately for probably $10k profit if you want. The Bronco is awesome, be stoked you're getting it soon!

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am happy to have a MY 2021 2 Door Bronco...I don't think that many will be produced for my2021..
even if it is only a few weeks before My2022.. In 20 years no one will care what month you got it in..
Just what year it is.. Just My thoughts

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are a collector, the 2021 is likely to be the lowest production number this generation is ever going to have. Does this hold any value? Value is in the mind of the buyer when selling. If it were me, yeah, get it as soon as you know you are getting what you want, no matter what that is. Playing the waiting game as others without VINs will tell you sucks more in most cases.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the time your 21 even has the slightest chance to be considered by some to be collectible, gasoline will be such a rare commodity no onewill want it simply because they won’t be able to afford to start it .Lol
Sponsored