Sponsored

Got the call this morning....Dealer scare tactics?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But say it in a way to let him save face so he will still work with you during negotiations.
Lol true. I might not be the best person to ask for advice when it comes to being nice. ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I know I can change my order until March 19th. But can I change my dealer after submitting an order? For example, I submit my order with my dealer and they don't want to come down on price from MSRP. But a month later after everything shakes out I find out another dealer within driving distance is offering 5k off MSRP. Can I move my order to that new dealer? I'm trying to figure the best way to go about this while getting the best deal.
Tell them what you want and they’ll provide a price quote, you have to agree to that before they can submit it to be built.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I know I can change my order until March 19th. But can I change my dealer after submitting an order? For example, I submit my order with my dealer and they don't want to come down on price from MSRP. But a month later after everything shakes out I find out another dealer within driving distance is offering 5k off MSRP. Can I move my order to that new dealer? I'm trying to figure the best way to go about this while getting the best deal.
I kind of doubt you'd be able to. But I also doubt you're going to suddenly find a great deal down the road. If the dealers around you won't commit to a price now, they're not going to commit to a price until you're there submitting the order with them.

Just look at the progression we've seen. "We won't know pricing until B&P comes out." "We won't know pricing until we can get the order guide." "We won't know pricing until ordering closes."

Next it'll be, "We won't know pricing until you've signed the paperwork blindfolded and we've kicked you out the door with your Bronco at 10k over MSRP."

zero_swagger

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer could simply force you into MY'22 since they will have a mechanism to do that in order to secure another customer they know is chomping at the bit. ?

I know some dealers are locking in their customers and any new customers that move to their dealer they are "boxing" them out of their initial allotment by marking them for MY'22 delaying the delivery ...

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealers know they are only going to be able to satisfy about 30% of those on their reservation list. They want to firm up the ones in their earlierst 30% of reservations who are going to convert their reservation to orders.

Remember they are going to be PUNISHED by Ford if they don't convert those orders to sales. So they only want to order from those most likely to actually purchase.

So I really don't blame them for trying to ensure you're committed and ready to go.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealers know they are only going to be able to satisfy about 30% of those on their reservation list. They want to firm up the ones in their earlierst 30% of reservations who are going to convert their reservation to orders.

Remember they are going to be PUNISHED by Ford if they don't convert those orders to sales. So they only want to order from those most likely to actually purchase.

So I really don't blame them for trying to ensure you're committed and ready to go.

Oh I'm ready to go. I've been saving a down payment for 6 months and will keep saving till I receive it. But I also don't want to get screwed and bullied into a bad deal. So just trying to figure out best options.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The real question will be if your configuration gets "Late Availability" status and what your dealer will do then..?
Guess I'll be finding out soon enough

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree that could be the case. But that puts me in a bind. Like many, I was planning on waiting to put in my order a bit to see how things shake out. But now I'm worried that if I do that I'll lose my place in line for the allocation. Which supposedly isn't supposed to happen.
Exactly, and a suspicion that we might not know everything! Is there some secret code or hidden door that my dealer can go thru to get me mine, even tho' I'm an 8/14 reserve?

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the dealers are in a bit of a frenzy and still processing the 30 page document Ford sent them. Consider it a positive thing that he considers you within his dealerships allocation. That's a blessing not many of us will receive
Not sure being lied to is a blessing.... He earned his spot with the early reservation.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the call this morning from my dealer to schedule putting in my order next week. I'm going in on Wednesday. I missed the initial call and he left a voice mail. His voice mail was interesting. Not sure if it is dealer scare tactics or the truth since apparently it's not supposed to matter when you put in your order to maintain your place in line. At least that's what we keep being told by Ford. Here's a transcript of his voice mail. His exact words......"we need to go ahead and get you scheduled to put in that order. It's going to be a very scarce and very limited production for us and you are on our top list. Please give me a call back to schedule that time to get in. Again, I express the importance of a sense of urgency on this before that spot gets pushed off to someone else."
What a load of horse shit. Am not sure why dealers think this will work. Esp with this vehicle and the lunitics that are buying them.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your reservation is burned once you place an order. Thus the reason why dealers are trying to trick customers into an early conversion. Same old "sale ends today, so you must buy now".

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can NOT change your dealership once it's ordered. It's locked in and moved off the reservation queue into the Order Bank on Ford's end. There's no turning back.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But a month later after everything shakes out I find out another dealer within driving distance is offering 5k off MSRP.
Yeah...that's not going to happen.

If people know what they want, then they should just put in their order (with their favorite dealer) and be excited for their new Bronco.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like some of the people here are the kind who drive across town to save 3 cents a gallon on gas.
Sponsored