Sponsored

Got the call this morning....Dealer scare tactics?

old 4 wheeler

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F100 4x4, 82 toyota 4x4, 86 samurai,71FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can change your build till March 19. That's when the order bank is closed.
don't think that's correct you can only change your reservation location until March 19 you can change your order until they give you a build date .......
Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

don't think that's correct you can only change your reservation location until March 19 you can change your order until they give you a build date .......
My dealer was pretty specific on the date and mentioned that Ford will need time to take the builds from March to determine the build schedule, released in May. But then again, maybe my dealer is mistaken.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer was pretty specific on the date and mentioned that Ford will need time to take the builds from March to determine the build schedule, released in May. But then again, maybe my dealer is mistaken.
Your dealer is either mistaken or trying to get you to settle on a build and then just leave them alone.

Yes, Ford will take what orders they have at the deadline and figure out delivery estimates... and then convey these delivery estimates in May. Anyone who doesn't get their order in by the deadline will not be included in the first quarter scheduling and will not receive a delivery estimate. So that part is correct.

...but even Ford has publicly stated that they expect people will modify their order after they release delivery estimates when they find out what parts are commodity restrained or delaying your build/delivery.

The bronco is like any other special ordered Ford in that regard. The dealer enters your order... all the way up until the VIN is assigned and the build is scheduled (about 2-weeks out from parts getting bolted together), they can go back in and change/modify your order. Depending on when your reservation was made, this may translate to months between the deadline and when your build is actually scheduled.

Additionally, when the dealer goes into the order system, they can see what parts may be holding up an order, and the buyer can decide to remove that to speed up your build. The presumption is that the Bronco will be no different.

Of course, I can see how a larger dealer with a ton of Bronco orders... sitting around for months waiting to be built... could want to discourage all those buyers from calling once a week to inquire about commodity availability and asking to modify and resubmit orders...

...but it would be totally reasonable for say, someone to have a modular top on their order and then once Bronco's with MIC tops start getting delivered, and they see them in person, have their dealer modify their order to remove the Mod top and replace it with an MIC top.

Last edited:

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer is either mistaken or trying to get you to settle on a build and then just leave them alone.

Yes, Ford will take what orders they have at the deadline and figure out delivery estimates... and then convey these delivery estimates in May. Anyone who doesn't get their order in by the deadline will not be included in the first quarter scheduling and will not receive a delivery estimate. So that part is correct.

...but even Ford has publicly stated that they expect people will modify their order after they release delivery estimates when they find out what parts are commodity restrained or delaying your build/delivery.

The bronco is like any other special ordered Ford in that regard. The dealer enters your order... all the way up until the VIN is assigned and the build is scheduled (about 2-weeks out from parts getting bolted together), they can go back in and change/modify your order. Depending on when your reservation was made, this may translate to months between the deadline and when your build is actually scheduled.

Additionally, when the dealer goes into the order system, they can see what parts may be holding up an order, and the buyer can decide to remove that to speed up your build. The presumption is that the Bronco will be no different.

Of course, I can see how a larger dealer with a ton of Bronco orders... sitting around for months waiting to be built... could want to discourage all those buyers from calling once a week to inquire about commodity availability and asking to modify and resubmit orders...

...but it would be totally reasonable for say, someone to have a modular top on their order and then once Bronco's with MIC tops start getting delivered, and they see them in person, have their dealer modify their order to remove the Mod top and replace it with an MIC top.
Thank you for the clarification. I don't think my dealer is trying to lock me down into an order, it's just not how they do things. It's ENTIRELY possible that I didn't quite understand the process. I do recall discussing changing options to speed up the order and he didn't seem to have an issue with that.
Sponsored