Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Ford Bronco Got the TJ out of my system IMG_20200827_102619
Ford Bronco Got the TJ out of my system IMG_20200827_100848
Ford Bronco Got the TJ out of my system IMG_20200827_100858
Ford Bronco Got the TJ out of my system IMG_20200827_102613

As I was waiting for an Oil Change, saw this creampuff and had to experience it.

'05 w/a 6spd, 68k miles, hence the price. I drove a JK and JL with stick before, so I expected the higher catch point, though I was a bit thrown off by the coarseness and roughness of the 4 litre.

Not exactly complaining, I get why it's a cruiser and off-roader, and there was a charm to it that modern vehicles lack.

That said, I expect the Bronco to handle more finely on the road and actually wanna move instead of relaxed "Chill man" nature of the 4 Litre. I also see why they're lifted and stuff with minimal performance mods.

If it were clean and rust free with 8-10k off, id consider it as a toy, but for $15k, I'll pass. Also realized that's most likely the same trans as in the JK there, which is why the first Mod I would of done to it is a Short Shifter, as it felt Vague and I wasn't certain where 5th was when I was on (rt)18.

Still, the only manual on the lot and I'm glad the salesman was nice enough to toss me the keys after he made a copy of my license, although next time, I'm taking a little extra time and getting coffee across the street as well.

Now whose experienced both the TJ's 5spd and the JK's 6spd, wanna know how much different those two manuals are
Sponsored

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMG_20200827_102619.jpg
IMG_20200827_100848.jpg
IMG_20200827_100858.jpg
IMG_20200827_102613.jpg

As I was waiting for an Oil Change, saw this creampuff and had to experience it.

'05 w/a 6spd, 68k miles, hence the price. I drove a JK and JL with stick before, so I expected the higher catch point, though I was a bit thrown off by the coarseness and roughness of the 4 litre.

Not exactly complaining, I get why it's a cruiser and off-roader, and there was a charm to it that modern vehicles lack.

That said, I expect the Bronco to handle more finely on the road and actually wanna move instead of relaxed "Chill man" nature of the 4 Litre. I also see why they're lifted and stuff with minimal performance mods.

If it were clean and rust free with 8-10k off, id consider it as a toy, but for $15k, I'll pass. Also realized that's most likely the same trans as in the JK there, which is why the first Mod I would of done to it is a Short Shifter, as it felt Vague and I wasn't certain where 5th was when I was on (rt)18.

Still, the only manual on the lot and I'm glad the salesman was nice enough to toss me the keys after he made a copy of my license, although next time, I'm taking a little extra time and getting coffee across the street as well.

Now whose experienced both the TJ's 5spd and the JK's 6spd, wanna know how much different those two manuals are
The JK‘s Sixth gear can barely handle the Rubicon tires (shown on the TJ) at highway speeds. Forget any sort of mild grade.
the TJ 5spd can easily handle the Rubicon tires. Of course the in-line 6 torque could have a lot to do with it as well. The TJ in-line 6 may be very old school, but the minivan V6 of the JK wasn’t exactly a step forward.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
The JK‘s Sixth gear can barely handle the Rubicon tires (shown on the TJ) at highway speeds. Forget any sort of mild grade.
the TJ 5spd can easily handle the Rubicon tires. Of course the inline 6 torque could have a lot to do with it as well.
Short shifter would have been the first thing I'd do to it.

It was definitely fun
Sponsored