First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you feel minute adjustment of the windshield angle would make the current gen Bronco into a Chevy Blazer, you're really going to have the mid-cycle refresh in 2024.

Hey, bud, another thing - be respectful, or just keep it to yourself. It's a vehicle, not a religion.
I don't think a small change would help at all. I think it would have to be a pretty big change to really help. It would definitely change the style of the vehicle to get that much change. I'm also not trying to be disrespectful just saying if it not for you there is always other options. O am a service manager at a Ford dealership and we have got bad reviews from customers when buying vehicles because they bought something different than what they wanted. One guy gave us a bad review because the bed was too high for him to reach into. Another because the headrests were to high in the back seat. Just saying people should buy what make them happy and the most sense for them.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I got hit #2 in 2 days! Again, with the clear plex, just a dent in the plastic.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They could always adjust the angle of the windshield! Personally, I wouldn't enjoy a Bronco with an exaggerated windshield rake angle, but small degrees of adjustment might make a meaningful difference.

By comparison, my Tacoma has a very raked back windshield, and rocks have mostly bounced off of it - even fairly large masses I'd have expected to crack it, because they're deflected sooner.

Maybe Ford will roll out PPF for windshields, and then we'll all get our Broncos in 2030!
Thatā€™s not going to happen. šŸ¤£

Itā€™s no big deal.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you get a chip that's the size of a quarter or smaller, you can usually have that filled in by a company like Safelite - but I learned the hard way not to park in a garage in Texas afterwards, because the heat caused the chip to turn into a massive spider crack when the temperature caused the glass to expand.

Really looking forward to the mid-cycle refresh in 2024 when Ford hopefully fixes all of these ridiculous design flaws that cause:
  1. Frequently chipped windshield (due to upright angle)
  2. Immediate body chips (due to Sasquatch tire treat pattern)
  3. Easily snapped tie rods (cheap design/materials)
  4. Near-unavoidable roll bar scratches from normal operation of the soft top (how did this design ever leave the factory floor?!)
  5. 2.7L engine blowouts
And adds...
  1. PHEV drivetrain
  2. MGV option on all trims (wish list)
  3. Fender flares that work
  4. USB/12V power on the dash (wish list - the fact that this is part of the Lux package is ridiculous)
Don't get me wrong - I'm really looking forward to taking mine home, whenever that will be (ordered June 2021 & July 2021), but if they need more time for shakedown to produce a better product, I can wait.

The frequency of windshield chips/replacements should have been anticipated. Sure, it looks great in the showroom, but we're talking about a vehicle that people are going to use in the snow, rain, desert conditions. Ford owes customers more thoughtful design.
The 2.7 problem was identified and isolated to a bad batch of valves from a supplier. Itā€™s resolved.

The 2.7 is a proven engine. Itā€™s not new.

I wish the people here would stop bad mouthing the 2.7.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you get a chip that's the size of a quarter or smaller, you can usually have that filled in by a company like Safelite - but I learned the hard way not to park in a garage in Texas afterwards, because the heat caused the chip to turn into a massive spider crack when the temperature caused the glass to expand.

Really looking forward to the mid-cycle refresh in 2024 when Ford hopefully fixes all of these ridiculous design flaws that cause:
  1. Frequently chipped windshield (due to upright angle)
  2. Immediate body chips (due to Sasquatch tire treat pattern)
  3. Easily snapped tie rods (cheap design/materials)
  4. Near-unavoidable roll bar scratches from normal operation of the soft top (how did this design ever leave the factory floor?!)
  5. 2.7L engine blowouts
And adds...
  1. PHEV drivetrain
  2. MGV option on all trims (wish list)
  3. Fender flares that work
  4. USB/12V power on the dash (wish list - the fact that this is part of the Lux package is ridiculous)
Don't get me wrong - I'm really looking forward to taking mine home, whenever that will be (ordered June 2021 & July 2021), but if they need more time for shakedown to produce a better product, I can wait.

The frequency of windshield chips/replacements should have been anticipated. Sure, it looks great in the showroom, but we're talking about a vehicle that people are going to use in the snow, rain, desert conditions. Ford owes customers more thoughtful design.
The upright windshield isnā€™t a design flaw itā€™s just the nature of the beast. You probably need a Prius if you think ford will fix this issue. Iā€™ve had my truck since January, live in the north east and have no issue. I did add the bug deflector at delivery and it has been a life saver. Talk to a jeep owner, same issue.
The tie rods arenā€™t a cheap or bad design. Most of the people snapping tie rods are either doing stupid things with their trucks, or the damage is a direct result of modifying the suspension. Occasionally you can snap one which if you ask an avid off roader happens. I have yet to scratch my roll bar and have the top down multiple times a week. And Iā€™m not even addressing the 2.7 engine. I have one itā€™s running fine at over 7k I also have one in my f150 with 0 issues. Shit happens and itā€™s not as wide spread as certain people want to pretend.

also how do the fender flares not work? And finally it truly sounds like you are buying the wrong vehicle, Iā€™m sure your first post after getting it will be to complain about how loud it is, or that it rides like a truck :).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think a small change would help at all. I think it would have to be a pretty big change to really help. It would definitely change the style of the vehicle to get that much change. I'm also not trying to be disrespectful just saying if it not for you there is always other options. O am a service manager at a Ford dealership and we have got bad reviews from customers when buying vehicles because they bought something different than what they wanted. One guy gave us a bad review because the bed was too high for him to reach into. Another because the headrests were to high in the back seat. Just saying people should buy what make them happy and the most sense for them.
Exactly. I would add, people should do more research before switching from a car to a truck. The windshield complaints, noise complaints, rough ride complaints and fuel economy complaints here crack me up.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd like a gorilla glass option like Jeep does now.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s not going to happen. šŸ¤£

Itā€™s no big deal.
Haha right? PPF (hilariously) has been a massive constraint.

"Hey, Ford. See if you can do something to firm up those windshields"
"OK, just give us until 2030"

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The upright windshield isnā€™t a design flaw itā€™s just the nature of the beast. You probably need a Prius if you think ford will fix this issue. Iā€™ve had my truck since January, live in the north east and have no issue. I did add the bug deflector at delivery and it has been a life saver. Talk to a jeep owner, same issue.
The tie rods arenā€™t a cheap or bad design. Most of the people snapping tie rods are either doing stupid things with their trucks, or the damage is a direct result of modifying the suspension. Occasionally you can snap one which if you ask an avid off roader happens. I have yet to scratch my roll bar and have the top down multiple times a week. And Iā€™m not even addressing the 2.7 engine. I have one itā€™s running fine at over 7k I also have one in my f150 with 0 issues. Shit happens and itā€™s not as wide spread as certain people want to pretend.

also how do the fender flares not work? And finally it truly sounds like you are buying the wrong vehicle, Iā€™m sure your first post after getting it will be to complain about how loud it is, or that it rides like a truck :).
Nah, I just expect quality for the price. It's not unreasonable. I do also have a Wrangler, and accept the way it's designed - hasn't changed a ton over its many generations. New products offer new opportunities. I'm not sure why critiquing opportunities for improvement is tantamount to being a better fit for a Prius.

I'm still excited to see my Bronco in the driveway. Appreciating a thing and being passionate about it isn't incompatible with wanting to improve it. Isn't that the ethos behind Broncos and Wranglers being highly customizable? All I want is a more solid foundation from the factory.

About the (SAS) flares - they don't do a great job of preventing rocks from damaging the doors, which was a surprise after the Off Roadeo, since they're fairly large. You might be right in that the flares aren't themselves the issue. Could just as easily be due to the tire tread pattern.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nah, I just expect quality for the price. It's not unreasonable. I do also have a Wrangler, and accept the way it's designed - hasn't changed a ton over its many generations. New products offer new opportunities. I'm not sure why critiquing opportunities for improvement is tantamount to being a better fit for a Prius.

I'm still excited to see my Bronco in the driveway. Appreciating a thing and being passionate about it isn't incompatible with wanting to improve it. Isn't that the ethos behind Broncos and Wranglers being highly customizable? All I want is a more solid foundation from the factory.

About the (SAS) flares - they don't do a great job of preventing rocks from damaging the doors, which was a surprise after the Off Roadeo, since they're fairly large. You might be right in that the flares aren't themselves the issue. Could just as easily be due to the tire tread pattern.
there are already tons of improvements over the wrangler that make the bronco better. Unfortunately the upright windshield is paramount to the design and like in a wrangler subject to chips and cracks. Even with gorilla glass you still have that possibility. Exactly how would you innovate this item? Secondly Iā€™ve currently got a SAS Bronco in my garage and with what I would expect on any car side paint chips, I did put a modified mud flap on mine and that is the key. Just like the Jeep without flaps these things ā€œsprayā€ up the side especially with a larger tire. I have been fairly happy with the overall quality itā€™s on par or better than itā€™s chief competitor and when you say ā€œat this priceā€ that makes me laugh. Itā€™s a vehicle that starts at just over 30k and climbs to over 80 depending on model and options. Itā€™s right in the sweet spot for what cars cost today and this one has a ton more capability. I hope you get yours soon. Very happy with Mine. Only thing I might want is a hybrid power train.
Sponsored