Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you feel like the dash handles (passenger and/or driver side) were the same "flexiness" as this grab handle in the video, or a little more stable? Just curious as I could see these dash ones getting more use.

And everyone needs to keep in mind the hundreds/thousands of people getting in and out and trying to rip this vehicle apart each week. The fact that it's not snapped off or stolen is a miracle at this point...
They weren't as bad, maybe a third as much movement. I assume they are just all plastic instead of metal cored.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They weren't as bad, maybe a third as much movement. I assume they are just all plastic instead of metal cored.
That’s good. Could also be a pre-production thing too.

I’m guessing the full-production models we get will have grab handles molded by crushed up Jeep Wranglers melted down into grab handles.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am more concerned with the quality of drivetrain and breaks. I hope I can improve on any small cosmetic issues within the cab. Really hoping the B&O is not affected by poor quality though. I really think a nice rubber and leather wrapped grab handle made out of carbon fiber would be nice.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you feel like the dash handles (passenger and/or driver side) were the same "flexiness" as this grab handle in the video, or a little more stable? Just curious as I could see these dash ones getting more use.

And everyone needs to keep in mind the hundreds/thousands of people getting in and out and trying to rip this vehicle apart each week. The fact that it's not snapped off or stolen is a miracle at this point...
The lower grab handles of both Broncos had a lot more wiggle than the dash grab handles. It felt like more than just flex in the plastic, there was lateral movement at the base of the handle despite the Bronco Bolts being tight. I know these cars have seen a lot of use, but they can't be more than a month or two old, right?

What does a month of tire kickers like me grabbing it translate to in years of normal wear and tear? I plan on keeping mine for a long time so I thought that was worth documenting. Still that was the only complaint I could come up with that I hadn't learned about on the forum already and as other have pointed out it's pretty trivial.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
A Hyundai Elantra has that same grab handle, but the base bronco, a vehicle intended to go off road without doors, doesn’t have it included.
Ford Bronco Grab bar is flimsy 4272169C-1D60-4C7E-B7E0-CAB76D20640A

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I can’t shatter my knee cap on that grab handle, I don’t want it. I need all of the energy of the vehicle to be transferred to my skeletal structure while wheeling. Why didn’t Ford make the steering wheel out of tube steel??? How come no one is taking about that??? 🤔

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

The dash handles felt more secure because of how they are attached. The center handle is flimsy and was something that caught my attention. I also feel it clutters the space and glad my Base comes without the handle.
In contrast, the rear passenger grab handles were substantial and felt very secure. Exactly how you would want it to feel. Cannot understand why Ford decided to use flexible rubber for front handles which feel like a wet noodle in the center?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dash handles felt more secure because of how they are attached. The center handle is flimsy and was something that caught my attention. I also feel it clutters the space and glad my Base comes without the handle.
In contrast, the rear passenger grab handles were substantial and felt very secure. Exactly how you would want it to feel. Cannot understand why Ford decided to use flexible rubber for front handles which feel like a wet noodle in the center?
I suspect a hard, protruding, device is not optimal when there is a crash or collision, especially when placed directly adjacent to the passenger's knee.

And seriously, what are you guys doing to your handles that require you to test them like they are pull-up bars or ADA toilet grab bars?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The good news is that the center grab handle is worthless anyway. Unless you are a shorty or you have arms like an orangutan, it will always be out of reach with the seat in normal position. In any "Oh Shit" moment, the instinct is to plant your back firmly against the seat. No one is leaning their torso forward just so they can grab the handle.

Reactions: abe

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suspect a hard, protruding, device is not optimal when there is a crash or collision, especially when placed directly adjacent to the passenger's knee.

And seriously, what are you guys doing to your handles that require you to test them like they are pull-up bars or ADA toilet grab bars?
I merely grabbed the handle and to my surprise it easily flexed and moved to the side which was very surprising to me. I have never grabbed such an insecure feeling grab handle in any vehicle. That was my honest, real impression at that moment. I assure you, I did not attempt to use it to do pull-ups or any other exercise. In fact, the whole episode was a few seconds, but one that made a distinct impression. The grab handle is STRANGE! It's also strange that when I write to explain my feeling OP feel the need to ridiucle an honst opinion. My guess is that future generations will delete this feature or re-design it.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:ROFLMAO:

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A Hyundai Elantra has that same grab handle, but the base bronco, a vehicle intended to go off road without doors, doesn’t have it included.
Ford Bronco Grab bar is flimsy Aw+Jeez,+not+this+shit+again!

That's not a grab handle, that is a passenger/driver COVID divider. :)

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I merely grabbed the handle and to my surprise it easily flexed and moved to the side which was very surprising to me. I have never grabbed such an insecure feeling grab handle in any vehicle. That was my honest, real impression at that moment. I assure you, I did not attempt to use it to do pull-ups or any other exercise. In fact, the whole episode was a few seconds, but one that made a distinct impression. The grab handle is STRANGE! It's also strange that when I write to explain my feeling OP feel the need to ridiucle an honst opinion. My guess is that future generations will delete this feature or re-design it.
Aren't many oh shit handles flip up, flip down, or flexible?

Maybe I am in the minority, but my expectations for tht handle are very minimal, and I view it mainly as a placeholder for other accessories to mount.
Sponsored