Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well at least we agree Ford messed up the paint!

From my experience a good coat of wax will prevent most reasonable scratching off road. And I mean moderate off road, not hardcore wheeling. I do plenty of moderate off road trails but I’m just not going to be driving a $40k vehicle like it’s a $5k beater through tight woodsy trails. If you’re getting branch scratches through the actual paint, the paint job looks shit no matter what color. Unless it’s black: black gets scratched if you look at it the wrong way.

My metallic caribou brown f150 has seen more adventure trips than most and it still looks very clean unless you get very very close to it in the right light. Everything slides right off it.
Here in Arizona, we don't call scratches Desert Pinstriping for nothing.
Just about everything scratches the clearcoat.

Back East, hardwood tree branches and brush will also do a number on a paint job as well.

I'm happy to hear that where you a wheeling, the paint can be protected from damage with wax.
Sponsored

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here in Arizona, we don't call scratches Desert Pinstriping for nothing.
Just about everything scratches the clearcoat.

Back East, hardwood tree branches and brush will also do a number on a paint job as well.

I'm happy to hear that where you a wheeling, the paint can be protected from with wax.
Not far from you, all over California, from San Bernardino mts, kern valley, big tree Forests up north: recently did bald mountain a few months ago which was great. To be fair I’m probably more on the trail riding side of “wheeling” - typically more about getting to an area to camp or swim and hike than the wheeling itself. My wife and I do trade off though tighter areas playing spotter for branches and bushes.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not far from you, all over California, from San Bernardino mts, kern valley, big tree Forests up north: recently did bald mountain a few months ago which was great. To be fair I’m probably more on the trail riding side of “wheeling” - typically more about getting to an area to camp or swim and hike than the wheeling itself. My wife and I do trade off though tighter areas playing spotter for branches and bushes.
I need to get my butt out that way.
Farthest west I've gone on trails is Death Valley.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need to get my butt out that way.
Farthest west I've gone on trails is Death Valley.
the coast is worth the trip. Lots of great excursions inland. The Charles Wells books have all the trails you need. The sierras (sequoias and Yosemite) make for classic driving! Through the glacial paths and through giant trees especially fun with kids or family. Nice to be able to go from ocean to snow in a day too.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Grabber Lime Green Possible Color??? Bronco Grabber Gree

It made the ground green when I did this, but you get the point lol.
I’d drive the hell out of that. I’ve got a Gecko Jeep Rubicon on order...should be here in August. I’m strongly eying Velocity Blue and Cyber Orange for my 22’ ManSquatch...but if Ford brought out this lime green I’d definitely do it
Sponsored