Sponsored

Grace period before the dealer can assume inventory rights and sell your vehicle?

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has Ford made a commitment to how long an original reservation holder has the right to claim their vehicle at the dealership?

I’m curious how much of a grace period you’re allowed before the dealer can assume inventory rights and sell your vehicle.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This has been covered at least once, but I don't recall what the consensus was. I don't think Ford can set any policy for this. You are buying the vehicle from the dealer, not Ford. I would think a week would be reasonable unless both parties can agree to some other time frame.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been covered at least once, but I don't recall what the consensus was. I don't think Ford can set any policy for this. You are buying the vehicle from the dealer, not Ford. I would think a week would be reasonable unless both parties can agree to some other time frame.
Considering people are being forced into +$500, +$1000, and +$1,500 non-refundable commitments to +$30K-60K vehicles no one knows when they’ll be available and Ford is pressuring dealers to make efforts to connect the reservation holders to their orders, I think Ford should have a policy. They have plenty of time before the first vehicles roll off the line.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I remember a convo on this already. What scenario are you imagining?

One where the vehicle is delivered and the buyer is a no call / no show?

One where the buyer is out of the country and can’t sign the papers yet?

One where the buyer and the dealer haven’t settled on a price?

Reservation holders should be getting update emails from Ford as their vehicle gets scheduled, built, shipped, etc. And you should have a relationship with your dealer that they’ll reach out when your Bronco is there (since they want to sell it, and their punished to selling it to someone else).

So there really shouldn’t be any “surprises”... though I know that’s a pretty high bar apparently considering some of the things we’ve seen happening so far.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I remember a convo on this already. What scenario are you imagining?

One where the vehicle is delivered and the buyer is a no call / no show?

One where the buyer is out of the country and can’t sign the papers yet?

One where the buyer and the dealer haven’t settled on a price?

Reservation holders should be getting update emails from Ford as their vehicle gets scheduled, built, shipped, etc. And you should have a relationship with your dealer that they’ll reach out when your Bronco is there (since they want to sell it, and their punished to selling it to someone else).

So there really shouldn’t be any “surprises”... though I know that’s a pretty high bar apparently considering some of the things we’ve seen happening so far.
Maybe buying from out of state and needs to travel to get there?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe buying from out of state and needs to travel to get there?
Maybe. I’m buying from out of state and my dealer has been very clear that they would prefer to move them within 2 weeks of delivery (to make room for the next batch) but is absolutely willing to make arrangements with people if it will be longer.

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m waiting for the posts about dealers selling people’s ordered vehicles. I bet the dealers look at their sales and realize they are at only 10% of there sale completion failure so they sell a few ordered Broncos. Carefully staying below the penalty threshold.
im really an optimist and trust way too many people but when it comes to dealerships, I am not.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe. I’m buying from out of state and my dealer has been very clear that they would prefer to move them within 2 weeks of delivery (to make room for the next batch) but is absolutely willing to make arrangements with people if it will be longer.
Do you mind sharing your dealer name? I'm about to make a switch, and I'm cautious.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m waiting for the posts about dealers selling people’s ordered vehicles. I bet the dealers look at their sales and realize they are at only 10% of there sale completion failure so they sell a few ordered Broncos. Carefully staying below the penalty threshold.
im really an optimist and trust way too many people but when it comes to dealerships, I am not.
...Until Ford starts getting irate phone calls from folks who were informed that their vehicle was shipped and 2 weeks later it was not at the dealer because the dealer had sold it for a handsome ADM...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mind sharing your dealer name? I'm about to make a switch, and I'm cautious.
Sure thing. Not sure if you’ve heard of them... It’s a friendly and communicative dealer in Iowa called

Ford Bronco Grace period before the dealer can assume inventory rights and sell your vehicle? updated_dealershi

;)

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure thing. Not sure if you’ve heard of them... It’s a friendly and communicative dealer in Iowa called

Ford Bronco Grace period before the dealer can assume inventory rights and sell your vehicle? updated_dealershi

;)
Build it, and they will come...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
scenarios that are unlikely to ever happen
You give too much credit to dealers as a collective. Look how many we’ve already seen screw over and waste their customers’ time through pure ignorance and/or intentional game-playing. Sure, there are some good ones that are active on these forums but signs do not point to that being the norm. I would be willing to bet a significant amount of money that a nonzero number of reserved/ordered Broncos will be sold by the dealerships they’re delivered to, not to the original customer either by accident (see the recent sale of the display bronco sport) or for financial gain (higher pricing, pleasing a VIP customer etc).

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a specific issue that you’re having with your dealer? Or are we just hand wringing over imagined scenarios that are unlikely to ever happen?
I don’t know when it will be delivered... at all, not even a good approximation.

I have an announcement evening reservation; which could suggest June or early July delivery, however, delays on certain options can push it back to August... September...October? Hopefully?

I can’t ask work to not send me on travel for a possible 3 months duration because something could come in. I’d have no control over the timeline I’d be away... which could be anything from 1 week to a month

Also, shouldn’t Ford take leadership of this situation? They are the ones holding dealerships accountable for delivering to reservation holders and are the ones accountable for actually delivering the product. Seems like they’re setting themselves up for a huge over site issue.
Sponsored