First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your post’s seemingly logical premise is flawed. While it is possible, it isn’t plausible. If either dealer would back-out of a deal because they are not bound, why haven’t other dealers done the same.

In this social-media world, no reputable organization would dare do what you suggest. Not only is it it short-sighted, the long-term repercussions would be catastrophic (Phoebe quote)

Don’t know what your deal is- but there are still reputable dealers that believe in transparency. It is not fair to attempt to psuedo-tarnish a dealer because you believe their offer is not authentic.

Your wild conjecture is based on a series of flawed premises. Because you can’t find a dealer willing to do this, no dealer will. Because the dealer is not legally bound- they will destroy their brand image.

This dangerous and reckless public hypothesis lacks any genuine credibility. Dealers work at cut-throat margins. Dealers do not only make their money from selling vehicles, or even more absurdly, one vehicle.

A profitable dealership is an ecosystem. Used car sales, new car sales, fleet sales, parts sales, and repairs are just some of the multi-faceted opportunities dealerships have to turn a profit.

Any dealer that would risk their reputation using your scheme won’t last long. These threads bashing the deals of stand-up dealerships are becoming way too prevalent- may be time for the moderators to start reminding people that these posts/threads are not keeping with the spirit of the forum.
I'm not trying to tarnish anybody, I was asking a genuine question about what is holding them to the deal. I've gotten lots of answers, that was the point of me asking, so I could educate myself. I'm not trying to go against the spirit of the community, sorry if it came across that way. I've had more bad experiences with car dealers than good so I'm just trying to do my due diligence.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone needs to take a chill pill. I think the OP has a valid and legit question:

[...] My question is even though they've posted what their plan is, none of it is binding. What keeps them from saying, "actually we aren't going to honor 1k under invoice"? [...]
I believe it has been honestly and thoughtfully answered already, so I don’t need to repeat it.
But I did want to point out that we’re all drunk on the Granger/Stephens tonic and we shouldn’t be so quick to jump on someone with a legit question.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s getting absurd. These posts/threads are asinine. But they can’t offer these deals. Or they won’t be able to manage the logistics. Now it is the won’t even honor the price.

Your genuine question may be innocent- but look how it comes across. If you see a deal of a laptop in the paper or online, you don’t go asking for a legally-binding agreement. You go there or you don’t.

I don’t see how you can expect anyone on this forum to honestly answer your question. I have found that vendors that are transparent, upfront, and willing to participate in a web forum are scrupulous.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm not an attorney but pretty sure the equivalent to a verbal contract has already been made with the postings that are out there now. Terms were set, money exchanged to reserve a spot to order on those terms, they have the ability to meet those terms and I as a buyer do as well. Not sure what else needs to be met to make it binding or not, we have allot of members smarter than me so maybe one of them will speak up.

Last edited:

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your post’s seemingly logical premise is flawed. While it is possible, it isn’t plausible. If either dealer would back-out of a deal because they are not bound, why haven’t other dealers done the same.

In this social-media world, no reputable organization would dare do what you suggest. Not only is it it short-sighted, the long-term repercussions would be catastrophic (Phoebe quote)

Don’t know what your deal is- but there are still reputable dealers that believe in transparency. It is not fair to attempt to psuedo-tarnish a dealer because you believe their offer is not authentic.

Your wild conjecture is based on a series of flawed premises. Because you can’t find a dealer willing to do this, no dealer will. Because the dealer is not legally bound- they will destroy their brand image.

This dangerous and reckless public hypothesis lacks any genuine credibility. Dealers work at cut-throat margins. Dealers do not only make their money from selling vehicles, or even more absurdly, one vehicle.

A profitable dealership is an ecosystem. Used car sales, new car sales, fleet sales, parts sales, and repairs are just some of the multi-faceted opportunities dealerships have to turn a profit.

Any dealer that would risk their reputation using your scheme won’t last long. These threads bashing the deals of stand-up dealerships are becoming way too prevalent- may be time for the moderators to start reminding people that these posts/threads are not keeping with the spirit of the forum.
Dealers are undoubtedly shady more often than not - and bait and switch is the most commonly used tactic of all. This entirely possible.
Not saying it will happen, but it’s not crazy.

why everyone on this forum has to be so god damn hive mind and condescending is beyond me.

Sponsored

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers are undoubtedly shady more often than not - and bait and switch is the most commonly used tactic of all. This entirely possible.

why everyone on this forum has to be so god damn hive mind and condescending is beyond me.
Thanks for quoting me. You do see where I say it is possible? Hint- you quoted it. Do you also see where I wrote it isn’t plausible? Hint- you quoted it.

It is not fair to say everyone on this forum is so condescending. Hint- I quoted you.

Am I- I can be. But read what I wrote and understand that these unfounded attacks on Granger/Stevens is becoming far too prevalent.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s getting absurd. These posts/threads are asinine. But they can’t offer these deals. Or they won’t be able to manage the logistics. Now it is the won’t even honor the price.

Your genuine question may be innocent- but look how it comes across. If you see a deal of a laptop in the paper or online, you don’t go asking for a legally-binding agreement. You go there or you don’t.

I don’t see how you can expect anyone on this forum to honestly answer your question. I have found that vendors that are transparent, upfront, and willing to participate in a web forum are scrupulous.
You've obviously dealt with this type of post before, I didn't see any on the search but I didn't look very long. I think it was a legitimate question, when only 2 dealerships in the country are offering it. But, another member educated me that with big launches like this it's not uncommon for a few to go for volume over margin, that's why I come to a forum, to be educated.

A $40K vehicle is a bit different than a laptop advertised in the paper that I can drive down the street to investigate. It's in stock, I know what the specs are, I know the price, if I don't like the deal I can go to another store. I'm looking at switching my reservation, something I can only do once. At that point I'm at their mercy, either I do the deal they present me or I don't get a Bronco until dealers start getting their allocations.

I asked the question not to slander, but for education. I thought maybe someone had dealt directly with either of the dealers, or this was their MO, high volume over margin. I suppose in hind sight I should have phrased it differently and just asked those questions.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know something not fair. When your Fantasy Football DST gives you -7 points and one of your receivers gives you -3 points and you are now losing to your wife by 50! THAT is not right. This dealer conversation needs to go. Let's talk about the silliness seriousness of games! :coffee:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the size and the visibility of the bait is the key here.

It's one thing for dealer to pull a bait and switch to one person over an email or something. It's something else to bait and switch to hundreds (thousands?) of people with such visibility. Granger's (or whoever) online ratings would absolutely plummet. It may even be noteworthy enough to be picked up in local media. I can't see a dealer taking that much of a risk.

Especially since the first person to be duped would be on here blasting. No one else would even bother following through.

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thank you for bringing up your concern. It's legitimate, especially considering not everyone reading the site may know the history and reputation of said dealers here.

I hope the replies offered up in this thread have assuaged your concerns, as well as provide an answer to anyone else (now and to come) having the same concern.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.