First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, everyone says that Granger and Stephens are up front and transparent with their pricing and they appear to be just that. My question is even though they've posted what their plan is, none of it is binding. What keeps them from saying, "actually we aren't going to honor 1k under invoice"? People bail on their orders and they're left with highly in demand Broncos that they can sell for above MSRP. I'm not saying they will, just trying to look at things from all sides. Will either one of them offer an individually signed contract for each buyer before Oct 31? After talking with multiple dealers and all their "We HOPE to sell at MSRP" I'm starting to get gun shy.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Granger and Stephens 1K under Invoice Deal 1600129424476

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, these two dealerships make extremely calculated, VERY public offers that at this point in the high tens of thousands of people have seen; then they back out. People on this forum would lose their minds. Dealerships might be able to get away with screwing customers individually, but screwing hundreds or even thousands of customers on the same deal? They would have a hard time selling vehicles period, not just the bronco. They would be bombarded with hundreds of 1 star reviews, etc. That’s the safety net here.

Is it possible for them to do something shady? Sure. But highly improbable. They are out to make money here based on a calculated decision to go for volume over margin. They don’t make money by screwing their customers.

Usually on a new car launch like this one or two dealers across the country will step up to do volume under invoice pricing so it’s not an uncommon thing.

I trust these dealerships not based on the words of their contact points here. I trust they will follow through solely based on the consequences for their actions if they are anything but straightforward.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, these two dealerships make extremely calculated, VERY public offers that at this point in the high tens of thousands of people have seen; then they back out. People on this forum would lose their minds. Dealerships might be able to get away with screwing customers individually, but screwing hundreds or even thousands of customers on the same deal? They would have a hard time selling vehicles period, not just the bronco. They would be bombarded with hundreds of 1 star reviews, etc. That’s the safety net here.

Is it possible for them to do something shady? Sure. But highly improbable. They are out to make money here based on a calculated decision to go for volume over margin. They don’t make money by screwing their customers.

Usually on a new car launch like this one or two dealers across the country will step up to do volume under invoice pricing so it’s not an uncommon thing.

I trust these dealerships not based on the words of their contact points here. I trust they will follow through solely based on the consequences for their actions if they are anything but straightforward.
Thank you for taking the time to explain your reasoning behind trusting these dealers. I've not followed another major launch like this before so all of this is new and I'm just trying to make sure I don't spend money I don't have to. Thanks again.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, I've seen all of that, none of that is legally binding, only a signed contract is.
About the best we can get at this point. A quick search for Stephen's deal yeilds this on their website: http://www.stephensauto.com/2021-bronco/

I understand. I'm hoping build and price is out before the deadline so I can get the deal in writing. Wait to move your order until you do...

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given the tenacity of the folks on this board, I feel sorry if any dealer backs out of a verbal commitment on Bronco pricing.

They would get bashed so bad on social media that they would be lucky to stay in business.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is nonsense!
Granger has been upfront and honest and deserve our trust. Public backlash if they were to do what you say they can do would wreck their business model.
Relax and try trusting someone at their word!
And hell Albert is from Iowa- we are class acts with integrity...?

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your post’s seemingly logical premise is flawed. While it is possible, it isn’t plausible. If either dealer would back-out of a deal because they are not bound, why haven’t other dealers done the same.

In this social-media world, no reputable organization would dare do what you suggest. Not only is it it short-sighted, the long-term repercussions would be catastrophic (Phoebe quote)
Yes, I've seen all of that, none of that is legally binding, only a signed contract is.
Don’t know what your deal is- but there are still reputable dealers that believe in transparency. It is not fair to attempt to psuedo-tarnish a dealer because you believe their offer is not authentic.

Your wild conjecture is based on a series of flawed premises. Because you can’t find a dealer willing to do this, no dealer will. Because the dealer is not legally bound- they will destroy their brand image.

This dangerous and reckless public hypothesis lacks any genuine credibility. Dealers work at cut-throat margins. Dealers do not only make their money from selling vehicles, or even more absurdly, one vehicle.

A profitable dealership is an ecosystem. Used car sales, new car sales, fleet sales, parts sales, and repairs are just some of the multi-faceted opportunities dealerships have to turn a profit.

Any dealer that would risk their reputation using your scheme won’t last long. These threads bashing the deals of stand-up dealerships are becoming way too prevalent- may be time for the moderators to start reminding people that these posts/threads are not keeping with the spirit of the forum.

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is nonsense!
Granger has been upfront and honest and deserve our trust. Public backlash if they were to do what you say they can do would wreck their business model.
Yeah, I can't believe how helpful, forthcoming, and straightforward Albert at Granger has been! I only wish they were closer. If I were to move my reservation there today, I'd feel very confident I'd get incredibly well treated. I'd actually feel a hell of a lot better about everything and all these unkowns...

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Granger Ford has also stated that Ford also monitors the number of undelivered orders at each dealer and an number over X% (I think he said 7ish??) would come with some penalties from the mothership.

So, sell a couple of undelivered cars at MSRP, fine. Sell a whole lot.... no bueno.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is nonsense!
and <wait for it> "husky" because of all of the "corn"?

"I'll just show myself to the door. It's right over here..." ?

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, everyone says that Granger and Stephens are up front and transparent with their pricing and they appear to be just that. My question is even though they've posted what their plan is, none of it is binding. What keeps them from saying, "actually we aren't going to honor 1k under invoice"? People bail on their orders and they're left with highly in demand Broncos that they can sell for above MSRP. I'm not saying they will, just trying to look at things from all sides. Will either one of them offer an individually signed contract for each buyer before Oct 31? After talking with multiple dealers and all their "We HOPE to sell at MSRP" I'm starting to get gun shy.
So all the dealers you've talked to made you think Granger and Stephens' deals are too good to be true? Worst case would be MSRP anyway right. And they publicized the deal on their websites.

Don’t know what your deal is- but there are still reputable dealers that believe in transparency. It is not fair to attempt to psuedo-tarnish a dealer because you believe their offer is not authentic.
It sounds like he is just concerned and doesn't want to be left with the short end of the stick. Great thing is everyone decides for themselves and dealers can share to this forum.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.