Sponsored

Granger... can i get the rundown on how it works if you don't want the bronco you ordered?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i just wanted to reach out to Granger, but anyone else who has input can chime in. My wife and i are wanting a Bronco, but we've also never had a true body on frame SUV, so i would love to drive it and make sure it works for our situation. I also know that if we dont take advantage of the reservation and order one, it may be a very long time before we could drive one, and then order it and wait for delivery. I would like to replace some existing vehicles we have by summer of 2022.

Do you have the option to drive a vehicle you ordered and refuse it? I assume if you can do that, how much is the deposit you would lose? We're thinking of driving out to IA to get it as we have family in NE that we could visit on the way back. I just need to know if we have any options if we show up to pick it up and it just won't work for us. Thanks!
Sponsored

Cmarch0519

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i just wanted to reach out to Granger, but anyone else who has input can chime in. My wife and i are wanting a Bronco, but we've also never had a true body on frame SUV, so i would love to drive it and make sure it works for our situation. I also know that if we dont take advantage of the reservation and order one, it may be a very long time before we could drive one, and then order it and wait for delivery. I would like to replace some existing vehicles we have by summer of 2022.

Do you have the option to drive a vehicle you ordered and refuse it? I assume if you can do that, how much is the deposit you would lose? We're thinking of driving out to IA to get it as we have family in NE that we could visit on the way back. I just need to know if we have any options if we show up to pick it up and it just won't work for us. Thanks!
From my understanding, if you go with Granger the only deposit required upon ordering the Bronco is the $100. I would imagine this will be like any other car buying experience once the dealer has it, if you choose. I know I wonā€™t be signing any paperwork without first driving the vehicle. Granger seems more then reasonable and Iā€™m sure Albert and the team will do whatever needs to be done to take care of you.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the vehicle does not work for you at delivery we will just refund the $100 and move on...

Any other way would just sour your experience and would harm our reputation...

Not worth it in the end to either party...

@Cmarch0519 you are correct

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think any dealer would let you walk away from your ordered bronco. They can then put it on there lot. Wouldnā€™t take long to sell. Iā€™m in the same boat here, as I need to test drive. Iā€™m really concerned about the overall ergonomics of the interior. Iā€™ve bought a ā€œsmallerā€ ford SUV before and was not pleased. My ass has been firmly planted in F250-350ā€™s for 16yrs. I just like the way I fit and the location of everything

Sponsored

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think someone ordering a bronco and then refusing delivery is every dealers dream right now. It will just allow the dealer to sell it over sticker to someone who doesnā€™t want to wait

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked the dealer that i currently have assigned to my order and this is the response i got. Yeah... they can do better than this answer:

Good Afternoon,
We can discuss all your options at the time you place your order.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I asked the dealer that i currently have assigned to my order and this is the response i got. Yeah... they can do better than this answer:

Good Afternoon,
We can discuss all your options at the time you place your order.
Yeah, pretty much the same situation here. At first it was MSRP, then "if x-plan is available" we will honor it on a case by case basis b/c we don't want a flooded market of Broncos being sold by someone who bought them at or below invoice and then we can't sell ours at a markup, etc. etc. etc.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
whoo, imagine what that dealer markup for on the lot Broncos will be when someone decides not to take their order. Heck, they might try to talk you out of taking delivery lol.
My dealer told me if I don't take delivery the Bronco I ordered has to go back to ford for reallocation

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't believe it for a second but that is exactly how it should work.
I agree....the dealers shouldn't get to keep it.... if you for some reason(they don't give you a fair value for your trade in) and you walk away. If that was the case .... they could just keep the Bronco you ordered for stock....and tack on a price hike

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think someone ordering a bronco and then refusing delivery is every dealers dream right now. It will just allow the dealer to sell it over sticker to someone who doesnā€™t want to wait
Didnā€™t one of the dealers (Stephens maybe) have a customer tell him they have to back out of their WT order and offer it here first?

Which is really how it should go (assuming my memory is still good). Of course, regular dealers will just put it on the lot with ADM.
Sponsored