Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up the truck at Granger then stopped in MO, OK, CO, then to San Diego. Stopped by along the way to see family and friends.

The first 1000 miles were kinda tough cause I kept modulating the throttle, not keep the rpm’s steady inorder to break her in properly. After that the adaptive cruise was AMAZING. so glad I got the Lux package and it made the really long drives really easy.

Entire trip I tried to use eco mode as much as possible, and averaged 18 mpg with Sasquatch package. Overall very comfortable seats, but I wish the arm rest was a bit higher and the center console armrest could extend forward. That would make it so much more comfortable for long hauls.

One thing I noticed and was really concerned with was going on gravel roads. At around 120 miles on the dash I entered a 2 mile long gravel road to visit some family and those tires were flinging rocks at the body work. I don’t have deep scratches luckily but surprised ford didn’t cover the area under the fender and above the rock rails.

Drive through mud, heavy rain and high heat and the truck did great. It was very easy covering long distances.

Ford Bronco Granger delivery to San Diego 2400 mile road trip + inaugural off-road trip Memorial Day to Idyllwild CA IMG_1007

Ford Bronco Granger delivery to San Diego 2400 mile road trip + inaugural off-road trip Memorial Day to Idyllwild CA IMG_0985

Part 2: Memorial Day off-roading trip to Idyllwild, CA via San Jacinto ridge trail (FS 5S09)
First of all, the trail is closed from hemet up so check with the forest ranger before going. We didn’t see that it was closed and the gates were open. So someone must have opened them. But due to the rains there’s a chance of mud slides. Luckily we didn’t face any issues and learned about it when we got to the top and went to the ranger station in Idyllwild for some camping questions. So just fyi.

This trail was easy, 3/10 and an easy start to off-roading again. Didn’t want to repeat what I did when I first got my modified 4Runner and went on a 9/10 trail. That was dumb lol.
The 35’s are soooo awesome. They eat up all the bumps and combined with swaybar disconnect, the ride was really comfortable.
We found some great spots to camp in the future and the trail got narrow in some places so got first pin stripes.

Then we hit a deep mud hole that was forming as water was coming up from the ground and it stopped a lot of trucks from going ahead. We assed the situation and added some rotted logs to get some traction and then position the bronco straight, both front and rear locker on and the bronco made it looks easy.
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The rocks kicking up are a big issue. I bought the AR Magnum for the running board to clip onto my rock rails. That helped. But that spot in the front where the fender flares and rock rails meet is notorious on this site for dings. I added PPF on that one spot while I was waiting to get the whole car PPF'd and it did help. If you aren't going to add mud flaps soon, I'd recommend PPF that one spot soon if you haven't already.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rocks kicking up are a big issue. I bought the AR Magnum for the running board to clip onto my rock rails. That helped. But that spot in the front where the fender flares and rock rails meet is notorious on this site for dings. I added PPF on that one spot while I was waiting to get the whole car PPF'd and it did help. If you aren't going to add mud flaps soon, I'd recommend PPF that one spot soon if you haven't already.

First thing I bought was mud flaps! got the rokblokz mudguards. They are removable so that was super awesome.

Ford Bronco Granger delivery to San Diego 2400 mile road trip + inaugural off-road trip Memorial Day to Idyllwild CA IMG_1046

REIMANOV

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BaseSquatch, 2009 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! We camped with our pup at a yellow post site right by that water crossing last week. There was a Chevy Tahoe stuck on the trail for over 24 hours, so it got pretty hairy trying to get around them while several folks (and the PD) attempted recovery.

BroncoCamp.jpg

Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks amazing! Which trail did you do in Idyllwild? I’m looking for more trails to do in So Cal and that one looks nice.

I just went up the backside of Mt. Palomar this past weekend. It was a great trail and we actually got some sun! Would love to see more trees though.

8C645952-DF4D-4211-9C8F-37B1BF34AD81.jpeg
57779E07-862C-49FF-A536-CB2C0E35FFC8.jpeg
239D1D7F-89BC-427B-B7E2-711C588AFDFF.png

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! We camped with our pup at a yellow post site right by that water crossing last week. There was a Chevy Tahoe stuck on the trail for over 24 hours, so it got pretty hairy trying to get around them while several folks (and the PD) attempted recovery.

Ford Bronco Granger delivery to San Diego 2400 mile road trip + inaugural off-road trip Memorial Day to Idyllwild CA 239D1D7F-89BC-427B-B7E2-711C588AFDFF
We saw this camping spot and saved it! Will be back with friends in the future. Cute pup! We had ours with us as well she loves the bronco. Putting a seatbelt harness on her means bronco time and she runs to the truck haha.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love this! Headed out to Granger to pick mine up this weekend and start the drive back to SD myself, congrats!
Love this! Headed out to Granger to pick mine up this weekend and start the drive back to SD myself, congrats!
Im so happy for you! they are great and it was the best experince ive ever had while buying a car. In and out in 20 mins, everything was sorted and organized. Great team, cant say enough nice things.

Which way are you driving back? through colorodo and utah ? if so, I'd recommed after you enter UTAH from colorodo, take highway 128 to Moab. It was a great drive.

Safe travels!

Ps- where in san diego? I used to be in northpark, but now in Ramona

REIMANOV

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BaseSquatch, 2009 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We saw this camping spot and saved it! Will be back with friends in the future. Cute pup! We had ours with us as well she loves the bronco. Putting a seatbelt harness on her means bronco time and she runs to the truck haha.
Haha awesome! Yeah our pup now knows the word "Bronco" and gets amped every time we mention it. That rutted spot you hit is where the Chevy was stuck. Luckily, if you turn right just before it, there's a cut thru that passes another camp site. Had to fold my mirrors in for the Bronco to fit. Beautiful camping there but be prepared for lots of bugs since the water levels are up. :oops:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks amazing! Which trail did you do in Idyllwild? I’m looking for more trails to do in So Cal and that one looks nice.

I just went up the backside of Mt. Palomar this past weekend. It was a great trail and we actually got some sun! Would love to see more trees though.

Ford Bronco Granger delivery to San Diego 2400 mile road trip + inaugural off-road trip Memorial Day to Idyllwild CA 239D1D7F-89BC-427B-B7E2-711C588AFDFF
We did the San Jacinto ridge from hemet to Idyllwild. Call the ranger to make sure it’s safe to go from there. When we got there they said the trails weren’t steady cause of water running under the trails and could cause a slide. We were lucky and nothing happened and it was a beautiful drive up. Nothing crazy easily doable.
Ford Bronco Granger delivery to San Diego 2400 mile road trip + inaugural off-road trip Memorial Day to Idyllwild CA IMG_1134

there’s so many trails here. SoCal we are super lucky.Another good one I’d recommend is in Joshua tree, called old Dale road.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats SD crew. Good stories. I hope to join the unofficial SD Bronco club as soon as possible.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up the truck at Granger then stopped in MO, OK, CO, then to San Diego. Stopped by along the way to see family and friends.

The first 1000 miles were kinda tough cause I kept modulating the throttle, not keep the rpm’s steady inorder to break her in properly. After that the adaptive cruise was AMAZING. so glad I got the Lux package and it made the really long drives really easy.

Entire trip I tried to use eco mode as much as possible, and averaged 18 mpg with Sasquatch package. Overall very comfortable seats, but I wish the arm rest was a bit higher and the center console armrest could extend forward. That would make it so much more comfortable for long hauls.

One thing I noticed and was really concerned with was going on gravel roads. At around 120 miles on the dash I entered a 2 mile long gravel road to visit some family and those tires were flinging rocks at the body work. I don’t have deep scratches luckily but surprised ford didn’t cover the area under the fender and above the rock rails.

Drive through mud, heavy rain and high heat and the truck did great. It was very easy covering long distances.

IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

Part 2: Memorial Day off-roading trip to Idyllwild, CA via San Jacinto ridge trail (FS 5S09)
First of all, the trail is closed from hemet up so check with the forest ranger before going. We didn’t see that it was closed and the gates were open. So someone must have opened them. But due to the rains there’s a chance of mud slides. Luckily we didn’t face any issues and learned about it when we got to the top and went to the ranger station in Idyllwild for some camping questions. So just fyi.

This trail was easy, 3/10 and an easy start to off-roading again. Didn’t want to repeat what I did when I first got my modified 4Runner and went on a 9/10 trail. That was dumb lol.
The 35’s are soooo awesome. They eat up all the bumps and combined with swaybar disconnect, the ride was really comfortable.
We found some great spots to camp in the future and the trail got narrow in some places so got first pin stripes.

Then we hit a deep mud hole that was forming as water was coming up from the ground and it stopped a lot of trucks from going ahead. We assed the situation and added some rotted logs to get some traction and then position the bronco straight, both front and rear locker on and the bronco made it looks easy.
We took a trip from San Diego to Tombstone AZ and I'm in love with the ACC, it's the first vehicle we bought with it. It did take me awhile to get used to it because I keep hitting the brakes coming up on slower traffic lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had it for 1 day and already scratched the hell out of it huh..... well, glad you had a blast.
Hahaha yea she’s not meant to be a garage queen so might as well start using the truck as intended :)
Sponsored