Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do I figure out what the ACV is on my truck I plan to trade in?
There are a multitude of ways.

Online "books" are owned by COX auto group, yes a mega dealer, or other dealer groups..

They are known as the dealers friend for retail values...

If you have a CarMax they will bid your car for purchase...A dealer will usually be at that or a bit higher.

Go online have Carvana make an offer on it... Depending on demand some times they are overbidding the truck because they have someone that is wanting one on the other end..

Take it to a couple local Ford dealers and ask them to give you a priced to buy it from you...

If you have a large independent used only car dealership that deals in trucks, they are usually stronger on late model used because they have to buy them at auction. They usually buy late models off the street...

If you owe anything on it do not share that information with a car dealer when they are bidding the truck as they may bid accordingly thinking you"need" to sell it and may take that to do you a favor and "take it off your hands"

Hope this helps you out...
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you owe anything on it do not share that information with a car dealer when they are bidding the truck as they may bid accordingly thinking you"need" to sell it and may take that to do you a favor and "take it off your hands"
Albert, do you think the same applies with Carvana? They ask if you owe anything.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Carvana and CarMax are going to bid it at value no matter what you owe on it..
There was no difference when i tried both. Sellers market for sure.

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a multitude of ways.

Online "books" are owned by COX auto group, yes a mega dealer, or other dealer groups..

They are known as the dealers friend for retail values...

If you have a CarMax they will bid your car for purchase...A dealer will usually be at that or a bit higher.

Go online have Carvana make an offer on it... Depending on demand some times they are overbidding the truck because they have someone that is wanting one on the other end..

Take it to a couple local Ford dealers and ask them to give you a priced to buy it from you...

If you have a large independent used only car dealership that deals in trucks, they are usually stronger on late model used because they have to buy them at auction. They usually buy late models off the street...

Hope this helps you out...
Thank you, that is helpful. Just trying to weigh my options. Figure it might be easier to sell local then fly in to drive my Bronco back.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good info.

Who are these baller people with the fancy trade-ins? I just check the KBB for my "good" vehicle. Trade in value of.....$700 :oops:
LOL yeah - I think the trade-in value of my 2006 Pathfinder is probably around $1000 tops, and that's if the dealer gives me some pity credit. I'll just keep it and give it to someone in my family that needs a beater that can haul a decent size load.

Akwestender

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 F350 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last vehicle I traded in I told them I wanted $1 for it and the price I’d pay walking out the door.

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a 2019 Dodge Challenger just last year so I’ll probably have some negative equity. I thought my Chally was a great choice at the time and I still love it but my heart is with the Bronco. Anyone else in a Neg. Equity position? :/
I was due for a new vehicle last year as well after getting tired of my 2 door Jeep JK. Got a new body-style Ram 1500 thinking I'd use the hell out of it. A year later, and only 1/3 way through a lease I have my heart dead set on the new Bronco. By the time we take delivery and actually finalize our deals, I will be closer to 2/3 way done with the lease (most likely). Guess I'm just going to have to put a bigger down payment to cover whatever is still underwater. Oh well! Might sell my Foxbody Road Race car and use that to free up some garage space and $$$ as well.

I'm also really interested to see what the market says the residual value on what a Bronco lease would be. May be an option for some buyers to get into a higher trim while having lower payments or offer an 'Out' for someone upside down in financing (rolling the negative equity forward into new vehicle).

91bird

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has me thinking of ordering a 2021 Badlands 4 door manual and trade it in on a 2022 Badlands 4 door manual sasquatch with updated hardtop.
Sponsored