Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked those fields as well. Was just telling my kids that we used to wear the bandanas to keep from getting cut by the corn leaves. Now we wear them to protect from a virus.
I would get corn rash like a mofo, I was just telling some of our service members that i work with about it. Used to have to wear long sleeve shirt and warm up pants while in the field. I would usually bite the neck of my shirt while walking so I wouldn't have to use a bandana, get that would not work for the virus as my nose would not be covered, lol/
Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would get corn rash like a mofo, I was just telling some of our service members that i work with about it. Used to have to wear long sleeve shirt and warm up pants while in the field. I would usually bite the neck of my shirt while walking so I wouldn't have to use a bandana, get that would not work for the virus as my nose would not be covered, lol/
We got luck and got mechanized “riders” where we rode in baskets down the rows and detasseled from above. That didn’t always happen though. When I got older I got to drive them. Talk about torque and horsepower!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked those fields as well. Was just telling my kids that we used to wear the bandanas to keep from getting cut by the corn leaves. Now we wear them to protect from a virus.
I hated walking corn fields when they were grown, now the things are 8' tall....

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We got luck and got mechanized “riders” where we rode in baskets down the rows and detasseled from above. That didn’t always happen though. When I got older I got to drive them. Talk about torque and horsepower!
Ha I know exactly what you are talking about. I remember riding those things for the first time. Sadly I didn't ride too much as I was older when they were introduced and mostly had to walk behind to check the riders work. Driving the was a blast. Do you perhaps remember the term corn boring.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha I know exactly what you are talking about. I remember riding those things for the first time. Sadly I didn't ride too much as I was older when they were introduced and mostly had to walk behind to check the riders work. Driving the was a blast. Do you perhaps remember the term corn boring.
So we don't hijack the thread completely I will attempt a high-level overview of things so far.

1. High trade offer means they may be getting you on the price of the new vehicle.
2. Local laws and regulations matter on the taxation side of things. Know your state's rules.
3. Best to treat this as two transactions. First, purchase the new vehicle. Second, negotiate a price on your old vehicle (Keep in mind item #2).
4. Holdbacks and volume are how some dealers are making money while providing the customer a fair price and a pleasant experience.
5. May be best or even required to hold on to the old vehicle for the next generation.
6. A private sale may be your best bet to maximize your sales dollar.
7. Third-party companies like Carvana may be an easier route to go and you can get a free quote.
8. "Conquest" vehicles is a fun phrase to say and may sometimes garner a rebate from the manufacturer in some cases.
9. TruCoat- to be or not to be? That is the question.
10. Shipping costs can add up and make the deal not so promising.
11. We did not use the phrase "corn boring" but I can completely relate to it. That is when our creative side kicked in and we had a blast. Would not trade it. Great experience for the youth of America.
12. Up front and honest dealers (@Granger Ford ) are the dealers to find if possible!

What else are we missing?

Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First post! Been a long time lurker. Very helpful info. Now I need to consider if the trip to Iowa is better for me than buying here in Brooklyn.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we don't hijack the thread completely I will attempt a high-level overview of things so far.

1. High trade offer means they may be getting you on the price of the new vehicle.
2. Local laws and regulations matter on the taxation side of things. Know your state's rules.
3. Best to treat this as two transactions. First, purchase the new vehicle. Second, negotiate a price on your old vehicle (Keep in mind item #2).
4. Holdbacks and volume are how some dealers are making money while providing the customer a fair price and a pleasant experience.
5. May be best or even required to hold on to the old vehicle for the next generation.
6. A private sale may be your best bet to maximize your sales dollar.
7. Third-party companies like Carvana may be an easier route to go and you can get a free quote.
8. "Conquest" vehicles is a fun phrase to say and may sometimes garner a rebate from the manufacturer in some cases.
9. TruCoat- to be or not to be? That is the question.
10. Shipping costs can add up and make the deal not so promising.
11. We did not use the phrase "corn boring" but I can completely relate to it. That is when our creative side kicked in and we had a blast. Would not trade it. Great experience for the youth of America.
12. Up front and honest dealers (@Granger Ford ) are the dealers to find if possible!

What else are we missing?
Wow I need you to do my writing synopsis...that was well done and organized...

BTW Hijack away that is why it is an open forum...I learn things as well..

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
First post! Been a long time lurker. Very helpful info. Now I need to consider if the trip to Iowa is better for me than buying here in Brooklyn.
Just think how good it would be to have an adventure with almost a year to plan....delicious !!.....plus going to Iowa you will not only get to meet Albert.....the head Bronco Wrangler....but get to see dirt for the first time in awhile.... :p

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just think how good it would be to have an adventure with almost a year to plan....delicious !!.....plus going to Iowa you will not only get to meet Albert.....the head Bronco Wrangler....but get to see dirt for the first time in awhile.... :p
LOL... Sadly enough, I would love to see dirt, aka nature, a lot more than I get to in Brooklyn. It's actually one of the main reasons for the Bronco. Wife and I love to camp but with our tiny (heavily modified) 2-door GTI, it's getting tougher and tougher. Plus roads in BK are terrible so something to handle them would be lovely.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL... Sadly enough, I would love to see dirt, aka nature, a lot more than I get to in Brooklyn. It's actually one of the main reasons for the Bronco. Wife and I love to camp but with our tiny (heavily modified) 2-door GTI, it's getting tougher and tougher. Plus roads in BK are terrible so something to handle them would be lovely.
Sasquatch, Brooklyn style!

I have driven I-80 coast to coast. There are certainly great places to see along the way. Many fun excursions North and South as well.

Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sasquatch, Brooklyn style!

I have driven I-80 coast to coast. There are certainly great places to see along the way. Many fun excursions North and South as well.
Sasquatch all day. Main concern with Sasquatch is fitting in the parking garages around here but should be just fine for most.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If anyone has an opinion....we need a stop-gap vehicle. Won’t be able to wait on the Bronco’s release. A lease term is 3 years, a few at 2 years. Buying new....trading in after a year, huge depreciation hit.
Do I buy used and then off load the vehicle when the Bronco is in Showrooms?

The issue with “used” is it will be for my teen driving, so I need something super reliable, without question....and of course....I can’t just pick anything since “what if” finally seeing the Bronco in person the wife decides it is not going to work for us....and we will keep the stop-gap car for a few more years?

Thanks.

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be at ACV because we have no Fluff to give...

If the dealer is at MSRP then they have fluff to give some love to the customer...
How do I figure out what the ACV is on my truck I plan to trade in?
Sponsored