First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is not kick back. It is called dealer hold-back and Ford Dealers make 3% on the sales price

So for example if 3 dealers sell the same car but at different prices this is what happens

Dealer A sells at Invoice at 40k >> 40K x 3% >> A makes $1200
Dealer B sells at sticker at 45k >> 45K x 3% >> B makes $1350 + 5k (above invoice)
Dealer C sells with ADM at 50K >> 50K x 3% >> C makes 1500 + 10K (above invoice)

Dealers also has some incentives like how many cars they move. A dealership moving 1000 F150s a month get some extra something something when compared to a dealer who is only moving 100 F150s

Granger can correct me if I am wrong. :)

Kick-back money is also something that you should be aware of if you truly want to understand how Granger is selling below Invoice. Whenever a dealership sells a Ford vehicle, Ford pays the dealership a kickback amount of money. This is said to be 2-3% of the vehicles value.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The holdback scenario is correct....

Not sure of the "profit" numbers but I am guessing it is just an example..

Last edited:

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can only speak for Iowa residents here, but we pay taxes on the difference and get plate credit towards the new vehicle..
Wow that is fantastic. Here in california we get taxed the full amount and pay a ridiculous registration tax every year that never gets lower. If a car is sold 10 times it gets taxed its value at the time of sale 10 times.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Therefore, I say that there are 2 transaction when trading in a vehicle and buying another.

We are selling you one and you are selling us one...

MS Retail Price 45,115
KBB Retail Price 12,500

Difference 32,115

apples to apples, Retail to Retail, oranges to oranges

Two transactions using SAME easiest to discover price

Dig in and fight

Yeehaw

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know I was joking and don't actually care about anyone's (including my own) trade-in value is, right?

I'm not even sure what this post means other than a humble-brag. Ha
What are you bragging about?sounds like you are upside down on your current situation and getting ready to make it worse .Merica born wild

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are you bragging about?sounds like you are upside down on your current situation and getting ready to make it worse .Merica born wild
Huh? I think you lost the plot.

I have two decade-old rust buckets for vehicles that I paid a combined $6000 for. :ROFLMAO: I'm pretty far from upside down.... And pretty far from being "merica born wild. "

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good info.

Who are these baller people with the fancy trade-ins? I just check the KBB for my "good" vehicle. Trade in value of.....$700 :oops:
Folks that have multiple Audis, Jags, BMWs. *Not a dig, not TRULY jealous either.
Carvana offered me $1,100 for my BMW. Needless to say, it's staying in my driveway. Indefinitely. I won't sell it for less than the cost of a radiator replacement :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Granger Ford – Trade in Guide IMG_3785

Last edited:

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trade in is a rip off, lets sale our cars to a private party. We still have time :) Use your wife car or buy Miata for $1500 until you get your bronco. You will still get more money from you car plus that rusty Miata

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Albert is likely taking a much deserved break considering it is the weekend. I'm not a dealer but like you had the same questions at one point in time. I'll do my best to answer them...

1. MSRP and Invoice are prices set by Ford. MSRP is manufacturers sugested retail price or... what they say you should sell the car at. Invoice is lower than MSRP but it does not mean that selling at or below invoice does not net the dealership money. Please refer to this link below, it explains Invoice pricing in great detail.

https://help.edmunds.com/hc/en-us/articles/206102377-What-is-dealer-invoice-or-dealer-cost-

Kick-back money is also something that you should be aware of if you truly want to understand how Granger is selling below Invoice. Whenever a dealership sells a Ford vehicle, Ford pays the dealership a kickback amount of money. This is said to be 2-3% of the vehicles value.

2. X-plan pricing is one example of plan pricing. The others are A, D and Z pricing. A pricing is for Ford employees. Z pricing is the same but it is for retired Ford employees. D pricing is for dealership employees. They all vary on how much of a discount you get on a vehicle purchase. In your case, X-plan pricing for Ford is Invoice Price - 0.4% + the Program Fee.

Please refer to this link for further details on the plan pricing breakdown.

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/decoding-ford-a-plan-z-plan-x-plan-d-plan-pricing
I have X plan and may change to you guys. I'm 6 hours away. No trade. What is your dealer number? I reserved within an hour, can I order with you via phone or zoom thanks.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You were joking? I don't have a sense of humor. In fact, I can barely read, which is why I made a piss-poor financial decision two years ago, and I promise I ain't bragging about it.

I'm also pretty sure I can't humble-brag about spending my wife's money (the wife part might be a humble brag).
Ahhh so you got suckered into a Benz also huh???? Only thing worse is a Jag (bought used @ 75% from new)

Sponsored

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The scenario is correct....

Not sure of the "profit" numbers but I am guessing it is just an example..
Thinking of changing my reservation to Granger. I am a Nebraska boy who is now living in Northern California. Been kinda disappointed in the dealers out here. The Ford Store which is near me has no ADM and honors X-Plan (which i qualify for) but is $450 over invoice and gave me really poor offers for my trade in's (2009 all stock Jeep Rubicon & a 50th anniversary edition Mini Cooper Camden) both of which i can get way more money from private party sale (and even significantly more on Carvana). My question would be 1) who should I contact about switching to Granger & 2) Estimate on shipping cost to the bay area. If it is to much i will just fly out and drive back.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers also has some incentives like how many cars they move. A dealership moving 1000 F150s a month get some extra something something when compared to a dealer who is only moving 100 F150s

Granger can correct me if I am wrong. :)
I could be wrong, too, and Granger should correct me if I'm wrong, too. :cool: But:

The "some extra something something" for selling a sizable number of vehicles in a period can come in the form of Ford sending the dealer a larger number of unreserved Broncos to sell on their lot for whatever price they can get. Theoretically, those sales will make the slim holdback on sales of the first bunch of hosses very worthwhile.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have X plan and may change to you guys. I'm 6 hours away. No trade. What is your dealer number? I reserved within an hour, can I order with you via phone or zoom thanks.
I don’t work for Granger Ford but I do recommend them. @Granger Ford is who you want to talk to
Sponsored