John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reading this is beyond frustrating. I just don’t understand Fords direction. It doesn’t make sense.

With that said, everyone around me knows I’m a car guy. I buy and sell my cars ALL THE TIME! I’ve bought 5 cars within the last 2 years. They asked me why I’m buying from Iowa when I live around 10 dealers here in Minnesota. It’s because of Zach and his team. I get responses from my annoying questions every time. I often wonder if Hunter is annoyed by me yet??? But when I tell people that this is the direction to go, I have many people interested in Fords and Jeeps! If my brothers didn’t just buy brand new Jeeps up here, they would have went to Granger. I’m going to keep spreading the good word for a solid dealership like Granger. I always believe you need to be a strong advocate for quality dealers like this because there aren’t many left! Thanks Zach for your hard work and transparency during this Bronco debacle!!! Looking forward to getting my Bronco from you soon (hopefully by Thanksgiving)!!
Well spoken. Well said.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WOW! That sucks. Thank you for sharing all this detailed information.

I hope Ford read this post and understand that their current allocation formula is hurting the small town dealership.
Not only the dealership, active bronco enthusiasts who frequent forums, social media, and who are vocal about their bronco appreciation. The true bronco advocates, and It’s free advertising! Ford royally fucked this up!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With those type of numbers, I think there's a real chance we can organize ourselves into a voice that will be heard by Ford brass. There shouldn't be a single Jim Farley or Mike Levine tweet on instragram post that doesn't include a 100 replies asking about the disservice Ford is doing to Granger customers.
Ford has proven again and again, THEY DO NOT CARE ONE BIT ABOUT THE IMPACT TO END CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS. All they care about are keeping their big dealers happy, stop, end of story.

Go ahead and try your social media campaign, Ford will not care one rip about it!!!

Makes me wonder if I really want to give Ford my business because it sure seems like they don't want mine.
I would think with Ford's allocation changes you will see another 20% to 40% of reservation holders canceling their reservation and swearing off Ford forever!!!

Last edited:

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wow. ford is such a mess on every level. from certain dealers screwing you to granger only getting 10/20% of your orders for all of next year just doesn't seem right.

people are going to be waiting 3+ years for their cars

#failboat ford

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford had an opportunity to fix the #1 complaint about the dealership franchise model (that dealers mostly prioritize profit over customer service) by rewarding the dealerships that actually put in the work to earn/keep reservations. Nothing would improve the dealership car buying experience more than making dealers compete to see who can make their customers happiest.

Instead Ford decided to reward dealers just for being 'too big to fail', even if they sour thousands of customers on Ford by providing terrible customer service in the process.

@Zach@Granger ,you should track every single Bronco reservation holder that chooses to buy a Jeep from you instead, and make sure Ford knows exactly how many customers they lost with this short-sighted policy. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford finds a way to 'tweak' the allocation formula to also honor their promise to deliver every reservation before building any dealer stock, because they'd have a PR disaster of epic proportions on their hands if some reservation holders at small dealers had to wait until like 2024 to get their Broncos while they were building dealer stock in early 2023.

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonderful.dealerahip. I like the not so subtle offer to convert orders to a Wrangler build (on favorable terms). I hope that this may light a fire under ford's ass.

Not a good look when your #1 launch dealership is providing open referral to your competitor.
No doubt, but it's better than no solution at all. If I have to wait another year, I may look at a Gladiator this year at 4% below invoice. I could probably still sell it for a decent price whenever my Bronco's ready. Will need to do the math...

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So every reservation holder should buy a Bronco Sport too to increase your allocation? 😉 lol

I’m staying with Granger no matter how long it takes. Thanks guys!
I contributed, maybe. I purchased a BS first week of Sept from Granger. Don't know if it counts toward their allocation. And yes I'm staying with Granger for my Bronco, which sounds like 2023 now. More time to save I guess.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford, aren’t you a little embarrassed?
Ford right now "Are we embarrassed?"
200w.gif

@Zach@Granger I appreciate you taking time on a Saturday morning to lay it all out there. While I'm not a Granger customer, I certainly appreciate the service y'all have provided the B6G community.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to see this happen to one of the good guys. Great attitude despite the circumstances. Winners keep winning and I’m sure you’ll come through this. Thanks for your honesty and support on this forum!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers.
I am so sorry that Ford did this. Ford has fully retreated from all of their reservation promises.

Given Granger's extremely large reservation pool, have you seen evidence that Ford has been using Granger as an "unlimited supply" of soft top orders and skipping your earliest reservations? My concern is that this could continue in 2022 and make it difficult to get a MIC top order filled if soft top orders continue to flow in.

Also, are you able to share your current timestamp distribution? I know it was originally heavily weighted to early orders, but curious how many 7/13 and 7/14 reservations are still remaining.

Swimdc

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5 (prev - FJ, sold thinking I’d see Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the info, even though I’m not your customer

do all dealers know how many they are allocated for MY22?
If so would you be able to tell which customers would get their Bronco, or is that dependent on trim/packages etc?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch. 1300 reservations and at best only 220 can be filled? Am I reading that right? How can ford think this is acceptable!? Especially when you are 100% name match to date! This is fucked, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a jeep from you guys just so I can speak with my wallet. Unbelievable.
Projecting this forward, the outstanding orders won't get filled until well after the refresh model year ('25). So basically the car I reserved in 2020 and ordered early 2021 and before any production started, won't get delivered until it's an old enough model to need a refresh. ???

Given the way we've been treated so far it's not hard to guess that Ford won't be extending the 2021 price protection for 5 more years which is apparently how long it will take to get my build. Not the best way to build brand loyalty. Do they really expect us to hang around that long? My storeroom simply can't hold that many hammocks.
Sponsored