First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell it to forum member or flip it for a few bucks. Whatever you do, don’t abandon the order. Dealer wins and likely adds heavy ADM. My .02
I am all for having someone on the forum snag it. Anyone? Bueller?
Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've said it before, once the dealer has converted your reservation into an order, whether it's made a real order or its sitting at a priority 99, you can't change it to another dealer.

Furthermore, any reservation we didn't convert into a real order before today, can no longer be turned into an order by the dealer. Those customers are going to get emails from Ford to go in and build their own Bronco, very similar to the way the Mach E is done. Then we'll be able to accept the orders into WBDO. I don't know if that's been discussed here yet, but that is a new process for this week too.
I guess that sort of happened - got this email today ---
"
Get ready for your 2022 Bronco™ SUV order consultation.
XXXX, the 2022 model-year Ford Bronco Build & Price tool is now live. That means your dealer will be reaching out soon to help you place your order. Until then, we encourage you to explore the new options for customizing your Bronco. Afterwards, just save and print your build to review with your dealer.

If you have questions about the ordering process, please reach out to your dealer or visit our FAQs here. For other inquiries, you're welcome to contact a member of our Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375..."

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not sure this is the right thread in which to post but is anyone interested in an upcoming early December build with a VIN? Wife decided to stay with 4Runner. I ran the math but not sure if anyone wants it enough to pay exactly what I would pay (not trying to make any profit) at MSRP+tax, then tax again when they register (CA makes buyers eat it in tax even if prior owner ate it the first time). Alternatively, if I cancel the reservation, dealer will most likely charge ADM. Thoughts?
@Administrator is there a place to post this?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/vehicles-for-sale-or-lease.74/

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let me give some information that I was able to glean because the MAS website leaks information like a f'ing sieve, including the amount that they paid on the Purchase Order.

That data also leaked on my acceptance letter, but initially, I didn't recognize the significance of it. If you look at the number across from "CUSTOMER MUST ADVISE CREDIT SOURCE" ($38,416) and add the value from "Deposit in House" ($500), you get what they were invoiced on the PO from Ford ($38,916).

My Bronco MSRP was $48,420 (including $300 aquisition fee not on my sticker), my MAS "special price" was $47,953, but do you know what they paid Ford for that very same Bronco? $38,916! Yep, that's right just over $9,000 less than what I paid... and far less than invoice. Invoice is NOT what the dealer necessarily is paying for the vehicle.

Now, I don't know what Granger is actually paying Ford, and honestly I don't care to know, and I am quite sure that they are NOT losing money on the Broncos they sell, but they are making less than most other dealers are making on each Bronco.

Data Leak.jpg

Mark's Bronco Sticker jpeg.jpg's Bronco Sticker jpeg.jpg
That’s not what dealer. That may be Ford’s cost to build with R&D but that’s no where near what the dealer pays ford.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s not what dealer. That may be Ford’s cost to build with R&D but that’s no where near what the dealer pays ford.
That is what MAS (Military Auto Sales) pays Ford.

That's the number they were charged on the purchase order. I was specific and said that I don't know what any other particular entity pays Ford, but I am quite sure that it's less than what they are selling them to us for. If dealers are paying more, then they might want to ask Ford, why?

The website data is specific enough to name the variable "Price_on_PO" (The PO number if you are curious is FLEET P.O. NUMBER E41347).

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure this is the right thread in which to post but is anyone interested in an upcoming early December build with a VIN? Wife decided to stay with 4Runner. I ran the math but not sure if anyone wants it enough to pay exactly what I would pay (not trying to make any profit) at MSRP+tax, then tax again when they register (CA makes buyers eat it in tax even if prior owner ate it the first time). Alternatively, if I cancel the reservation, dealer will most likely charge ADM. Thoughts?
My thoughts. You need to divorce your current wife and find a new one who wants a Bronco over a boring 4Runner. 😁

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the sign of a shady mf dealership. They need to pound sand...

BTW, Granger told me exactly where I stood in the reservation queue and quoted me exactly what I would pay, no games, no bullshit. I will wait 2 or 3 years, if needed.
Ford loves to scream “INDEPENDENT FRANCHISES NOTHING WE CAN DO” about shady dealers and $10k mark ups. Then tilts the playing field to the advantage of those same dealers behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would Illinois consumer protection laws apply to a transaction that transfered from Michigan to Iowa once you ordered from Granger?
If the "OP" is correct that a reservation is amounts to a contract (which I am not yet convinced... But maybe) the choice of law depends on a lot of things.

If the "contract" states which state's laws governs, that's the answer. If he physically signed the "contract" in Grainger's state, that's states laws would probably apply. But... If it was an online transaction signed in illinois, I'm not up-to-date enough to know which state's law would take priority.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Posted this elsewhere but I'll share it here because it applies:

I just got off the phone with Ford customer service. They submit my request to move dealers to their supervisor but no promises. If I'm successful I'll share it. They said if it gets approved I'll see the change today on my Ford account and that their supervisor will email me.

Hate to do it, but I move from #200+ with a current allocation of 100 to #87 (The person was very open about where I would fall in their current orders, but wouldn't tell me total orders, etc.) at a dealership with "over 100" allocation. They are one of the biggest in the Dallas Metroplex and there are about 5 of them, so I hope I'm making the right move. Spending an extra 3k to maybe shave some time, but I'm locked in at MSRP for my 2021 with them with no dealer add-ons, no bullshit, just my bronco.

I will ask, does anyone know if those super dealers with 3, 4, or 5 ford locations, do they get a big bulk allocation for all sites or is each store ran independent of one another?
It is based on the location you purchase from. Not the affiliated dealers.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is what MAS (Military Auto Sales) pays Ford.

That's the number they were charged on the purchase order. I was specific and said that I don't know what any other particular entity pays Ford, but I am quite sure that it's less than what they are selling them to us for. If dealers are paying more, then they might want to ask Ford, why?

The website data is specific enough to name the variable "Price_on_PO" (The PO number if you are curious is FLEET P.O. NUMBER E41347).
What did military auto charge you?

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted this elsewhere but I'll share it here because it applies:

I just got off the phone with Ford customer service. They submit my request to move dealers to their supervisor but no promises. If I'm successful I'll share it. They said if it gets approved I'll see the change today on my Ford account and that their supervisor will email me.

Hate to do it, but I move from #200+ with a current allocation of 100 to #87 (The person was very open about where I would fall in their current orders, but wouldn't tell me total orders, etc.) at a dealership with "over 100" allocation. They are one of the biggest in the Dallas Metroplex and there are about 5 of them, so I hope I'm making the right move. Spending an extra 3k to maybe shave some time, but I'm locked in at MSRP for my 2021 with them with no dealer add-ons, no bullshit, just my bronco.

I will ask, does anyone know if those super dealers with 3, 4, or 5 ford locations, do they get a big bulk allocation for all sites or is each store ran independent of one another?
Thanks Shoes. Surprised to hear they even submitted the request for you - I was told yesterday there was nothing they could do and hadn't received any instruction that moving a converted reservation should even be possible in theory.

Maybe they have received updated instructions and have a different answer today? Might try giving them a call back. How long were you on hold before you were able to connect with an agent?

And just to clarify in the context of this thread, I'm not a Granger reservation currently - this is just where the conversation about moving reservations between dealers seems to be taking place.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger Do you have final allocation numbers? Or these numbers are just your estimation? I am wondering when it would be possible to understand a place in the line and chances for 22 vs 23. I am 07/17/20 reservation day.
Sponsored