Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting. No order guide yet???
All the options are available in the EZ order system. I usually don't reference the order guides from Stellantis.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On behalf of the Colorado buyer group, thank you for your honesty, transparency, and everything you are doing to try to make this as good as you possibly can for your reservation holders.

Ford is really screwing the pooch with this Bronco launch but the one thing that we've been able to count on through this rollercoaster is Granger.

start rant...

Ford tested a new method with the reservation offering which was cluster from the moment it went live. They sort of tried to make it work but now they are conceding to the biggest voices - their largest dealers.

In the end, we are the customer and should be the biggest voice. I will continue to voice my opinion through all social media channels I can. While Ford may be better off never doing a reservation program for a new launch vehicle again, they need to stick to their promises for this one. Bite the bullet instead of pandering to the big dealers.

/rant

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m still in. Let’s do this.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am so sorry that Ford did this. Ford has fully retreated from all of their reservation promises.

Given Granger's extremely large reservation pool, have you seen evidence that Ford has been using Granger as an "unlimited supply" of soft top orders and skipping your earliest reservations? My concern is that this could continue in 2022 and make it difficult to get a MIC top order filled if soft top orders continue to flow in.

Also, are you able to share your current timestamp distribution? I know it was originally heavily weighted to early orders, but curious how many 7/13 and 7/14 reservations are still remaining.

For 2021, the soft top changes has skewed the orders to later in the year. We have had reservations as late as 10-28-20 get scheduled because they had the right commodity. I'm assuming they will get this a little more sorted out for 2022. As long as the new hard top is up to quality standards, it should go in chronological order much more closely.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is shitty to read about. F' Ford on this one.

I am thankful to be a built 2021 that will be buying from Granger when Ford ships it. The whole reservation thing has been a disaster on top of covid bs. So further toss customers under the bus and dealers by building dealer inventory for non-reservation holders because of big dealer driven allocation model...way to turn away customers or penalize them further when those large dealers add markup...that Ford "says" it does not want but puts everything in place to enable.

Thanks for being up front and delivering the news. Here's to the model changing again...in your favor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the info, even though I’m not your customer

do all dealers know how many they are allocated for MY22?
If so would you be able to tell which customers would get their Bronco, or is that dependent on trim/packages etc?
To be fair, this is just an educated estimate. That is why there is such a big range.

Ford did not deliver this YTD estimate to dealers because there is going to be fluctuation based upon production and microchips.

I felt like I needed to dig a little deeper in our case as an obligation to our customers.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Projecting this forward, the outstanding orders won't get filled until well after the refresh model year ('25). So basically the car I reserved in 2020 and ordered early 2021 and before any production started, won't get delivered until it's an old enough model to need a refresh. ???

Given the way we've been treated so far it's not hard to guess that Ford won't be extending the 2021 price protection for 5 more years which is apparently how long it will take to get my build. Not the best way to build brand loyalty. Do they really expect us to hang around that long? My storeroom simply can't hold that many hammocks.
Even with the tight packaging? I thought it was pretty compact. :D

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger thanks for the post. I can't get enough honest info from my dealer to even make an educated decision on whether to stick with my current dealer or make the switch to Granger if they allow a reservation change. I'm a 10:22pm 7/13 2D Badlands with SAS. Sounds like I'm going to a be a 23' model no matter what at this point lol. Advice? Thanks Zach.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger thanks for the post. I can't get enough honest info from my dealer to even make an educated decision on whether to stick with my current dealer or make the switch to Granger if they allow a reservation change. I'm a 10:22pm 7/13 2D Badlands with SAS. Sounds like I'm going to a be a 23' model no matter what at this point lol. Advice? Thanks Zach.
I would find it hard to believe that the allocation formula worked against a dealer more than us. We certainly were the outlier in this scenario. Even with that being against us, if the builds are in chronological order exactly (which I don't think they can be), we would produce all our cars on our low production estimate to fulfill reservations through 1:45 p.m on 7/14. On the high side of our estimate we would fill orders through 7/16 at 1:37 p.m.

You should be well within that timeframe for your dealership I would imagine.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So every reservation holder should buy a Bronco Sport too to increase your allocation? 😉 lol

I’m staying with Granger no matter how long it takes. Thanks guys!
Sounds like a plan. Once the ‘22 Sport build and price comes on line I’ll have to take a look. Not sure the old Escape will survive 3 more years. The rear quarter cancer is growing at a fast pace. Ordering with Granger if that becomes the plan.

@Zach@Granger, any allotment issues with the Sport?

surimade

Black Diamond
First Name
Suresh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda crv
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

What is Granger Ford going to do?

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Bronco Name Match.PNG

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

What can our reservation holders do?

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working hard than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
Awesome Zack. Thanks for details

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like a plan. Once the ‘22 Sport build and price comes on line I’ll have to take a look. Not sure the old Escape will survive 3 more years. The rear quarter cancer is growing at a fast pace. Ordering with Granger if that becomes the plan.

@Zach@Granger, any allotment issues with the Sport?
No, we have a vin within 2-3 weeks that an order is placed.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zack@Granger are you saying that a reservation time stamp of 3:00 PM on 7/16 probably will not be filled in 2022? I think I am confused.
For most dealers it will get filled. For us, probably not.
Sponsored