Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow. That is terrible news not only from a business perspective due to the amount of money you will be losing out on but also all of the reservation holders who will now have to switch dealerships and pay MSRP or worse.
I doubt if many will switch. I'd rather wait a year and buy from Granger than reward a dealership that contributed to this fiasco by giving them my business. I believe a lot of folks feel the same way. Really, how far are people willing to bend over? For a Bronco, seriously?
Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For 2021, the soft top changes has skewed the orders to later in the year. We have had reservations as late as 10-28-20 get scheduled because they had the right commodity. I'm assuming they will get this a little more sorted out for 2022. As long as the new hard top is up to quality standards, it should go in chronological order much more closely.
đź‘€

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are obviously people within Ford who recognize that the old way of dealers and allocations is starting to fade away, but the company doesn't have the guts to truly upset its existing business model, even for only the Bronco. It's some Kodak, Blockbuster type of stuff. I feel bad for the Granger customers caught up in this (and my own dealer isn't forthright about allocations or my spot in line, so for all I know I could be affected by this mess too).

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you all tweet Ford Mo Co to ask why reservation holder will have to wait 5+ years for their Bronco's make sure to copy all the big automotive publications. Here's a starter list.

Ford Mo Co … @Ford
Mike Levine … @mrlevine
Jim Farley … @jimfarley98

Motor Trend … @MotorTrend
Car and Driver … @CARandDRIVER
Hot Rod … @hotrodmagazine
Road & Track … @RoadandTrack
Jalopnik … @jalopnik

Update ... Here's my first attempt

@Ford @mrlevine @jimfarley98 Explain how a reservation holder at a dealer that is tops in number of Bronco orders will wait 5+ years to get their Bronco @jalopnik @MotorTrend @CARandDRIVER @hotrodmagazine @RoadandTrack

Update #2 ...

1633791957133.png
Tweets sent. Given Ford's attitude with this campaign I'm not expecting much. Might help if people like or retweet any tweets regarding this topic otherwise they will just get left to die.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tweets sent. Given Ford's attitude with this campaign I'm not expecting much. Might help if people like or retweet any tweets regarding this topic otherwise they will just get left to die.
We need a hashtag so we can find each others tweets to retweet.

How about #FixBroncoAllocation ??

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very confused. How is a smaller dealership supposed to increase their sales if Ford won't allow them the allocations to do so.

Ylekiot

Black Diamond
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LX570, Lexus GX470, Land Rover, 21'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am more determined now than ever to stay with Granger on my second order and wait. Ford had an opportunity for me to become a ford fan and free advertising since I am a huge car nut and my whole network of friends ask me for advice on cars all the time. However I will now be brutally honest about this whole experience (dm bad batch) to all that come up and talk with me when my first Granger bronco arrives around the holidays.
If it wasn’t for Granger I would have bailed on Ford long ago. I’ll be darned if I am going to play this dealer game now with the current market and shenanigans going on for the second order for my son. Words with actions matter to me. Granger has proven themselves with HAVING these hard conversations that Ford didn’t do multiple times over after every issue and delay. I am realizing the new acronym should not be found on road dead but instead F’d Over Royally by Detroit = FORD

Sponsored

Cmreed2016

Black Diamond
First Name
Colleem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The big Ford dealers in my town (Indianapolis) are the ones who are marking up their demo broncos $25k and more... I can't even imagine the markup on the unfair resold reservations broncos. So why are the big dealerships being rewarded and not the smaller dealerships who have more fair and honest processes with the Broncos?

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you all tweet Ford Mo Co to ask why reservation holder will have to wait 5+ years for their Bronco's make sure to copy all the big automotive publications. Here's a starter list.

Motor Trend … @MotorTrend
Car and Driver … @CARandDRIVER
Hot Rod … @hotrodmagazine
Road & Track … @RoadandTrack
Jalopnik … @jalopnik
The auto media is probably in Ford's pocket. They will probably announce that "demand is so strong that there is a healthy order backlog".

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

What is Granger Ford going to do?

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 2D9D75EE-DA5B-440E-9AAC-C43AEBBA0BE3

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

What can our reservation holders do?

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working hard than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
Thanks for the heads up!!!