First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Granger Ford is a class act. I am in Las Vegas trying to figure out how to do a road from there when I purchase my next Bronco from them.

Every stable needs multiple Broncos.
P.S
Don’t tell the wife.....
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach, thanks for laying it all out for us.

Rhetorical question: So the whole "we will fill reservations before dealer stock" promise from Ford has been completely obliterated going forward? It will only take Ford 6 years to fill the reservations at Granger with these estimates. WTH is Ford thinking?

Makes me wonder if I really want to give Ford my business because it sure seems like they don't want mine.
Also, the reservation number matters is equally bullshit.

If Ford had integrity, the first 125,000 Broncos down the line would go to reservation holders, regardless of location.

I get the commodities issue - but that would mean a tiny number would not be able to find ONE reservation owner.

Looking at the breakdown, it looks like my understanding was correct. The percentage equals a number - NOT - your number is broken down by those numbers.

0 Sports sold = 0 real Broncos in your allocation.

4 sports sold = 1 real Bronco added to your allocation.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt the new allocation program will be changed much.

I propose an a addendum:
A dealership with over 98% name match gets a 50% boost the the final allocation calculation.

this would reward straight dealing dealerships. It shows Ford cares about its brand.
The revealed breakdown does not mention that.

And given the number of "changes" / broken promises, is there ANY reason to believe that is still in effect?

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dear Ford Motor Company.

I am a 9/1/20 reservation holder at a dealer that is local to me in California and would happily wait longer for my Bronco if Granger were allowed to get their fair share of Broncos in 22. Following Granger, Albert and Zach on this forum was a great help to me ordering a Bronco and their honest straight talk is a reflection of Ford Motor Company at their best.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

What is Granger Ford going to do?

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Bronco Name Match.PNG

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

What can our reservation holders do?

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working harder than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
zach,
thanks to this forum, we have seen over the past year that ford kept changing the game to favor the crying big boys, with their bullshit reservation hijacks, reindealer games, market adjustments and ADMs, to the detriment of the smaller dealers like granger. i get it. ford will appease the big boys. i have not purchased a new ford till this year, in spite of purchasing at least 50 mobiles, probably 20 new, over my life. i have 3 more reservations (2 broncs, 1 lightning) with granger. though i have no brand loyalty, i am staying with granger. no matter how ford tries to ffff... you, i am keeping with you, albert, and granger. bruce

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has proven again and again, THEY DO NOT CAN ONE BIT ABOUT THE IMPACT TO END CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS. All they care about are keeping their big dealers happy, stop, end of story.

Go ahead and try your social media campaign, Ford will not care one rip about it!!!

I would think with Ford's allocation changes you will see another 20% to 40% of reservation holders canceling their reservation and swearing off Ford forever!!!
I wouldn't put this as strongly "either/or" as you do, Perhaps the Truth has more nuance. Perhaps I'm naive.

However, I do think that Ford is trying to curtail the attempts of a dealer like Granger to cross territorial lines and attract business, selling cars at a fair price that might go to other dealers. Allocation numbers do curtail! (Or punish!) Perhaps other dealers have complained, but it is clear that Granger's transparancy, honestly and forthrightness is threatening to other dealers, and that Ford is trying some negative reinforcement.

Its also clear that Granger's presence here has modified or mitigated the bad behavior of some other dealers, and for that we all can be grateful.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who wants to tell Levine that there are a handful of Jeep dealers that operate on exactly this model, and that it works out great for customers, the dealer, and Stellantis? Kumbayah!

Jeep brings its own challenges to the table, but this BS isn't one of them.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is an average allocation for a small dealer with not many reservations? Would it really only be like 1 or 3? Is there a general minimum every dealer gets?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wouldn't put this as strongly "either/or" as you do, Perhaps the Truth has more nuance. Perhaps I'm naive.

However, I do think that Ford is trying to curtail the attempts of a dealer like Granger to cross territorial lines and attract business, selling cars at a fair price that might go to other dealers. Allocation numbers do curtail! (Or punish!) Perhaps other dealers have complained, but it is clear that Granger's transparancy, honestly and forthrightness is threatening to other dealers, and that Ford is trying some negative reinforcement.

Its also clear that Granger's presence here has modified or mitigated the bad behavior of some other dealers, and for that we all can be grateful.
Thank you for making my point...

It is clear that Granger's transparancy, honestly and forthrightness is threatening to other dealers, and to Ford.

@Ford_The_Consumer_Is_Last!

Last edited:

Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IF I can wait, & I will do my damnedest because I believe in Granger, & support their rare integrity & dedication to the customer. IT WILL BE the last & very last Ford product I & my family, friends & associates will ever, EVER buy. The corrosive, back stabbing nature of Ford's poisonous corporate greed is so heinous, SO disgusting..... it's beyond words.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger
Thank you as always for being 100% fair and honest.👍

Long term this will only be better for you. It may sting right now, but our hyper-connected world is changing and this upcoming generation of consumers are very different and many will not patronize dealers (or companies) that treat customers poorly. And information like that spreads like wildfire among these youngsters.😁

Plus, when you eventually get to join Albert (preferably many, many years from now) you will have nothing you will need to explain to your maker about how you did business.😍

After the dust settles, like many other Grangetober reservationists, I may be rethinking my car-buying plans based on where my reservation falls in your allocation.

But even if it's a different brand, it will still include Granger.🤠

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We can custom order a Grand Cherokee like the Wrangler/Rubicon at 4% back of invoice. You can email a build to [email protected]

Thanks!
This problem won't be limited to Granger, though it appears to have the most far-reaching impact there. My sympathies to dealer and customers alike.

I've heard that what car enthusiasts order for themselves and what dealerships order for their lots are usually two very different things. I don't know if Granger cares to comment, but I imagine that a dealership will want to choose colors, transmissions and the like that appeal to broad sets of customers. I can imagine that there is an aversion to risks - such as investing in vehicles with features that road queens don't need or significant percentages of customers don't want. Disconnecting sway-bars, unusual colors, manual transmissions and seemingly odd mixes of luxury and utility are at risk of getting left by the wayside.

And that's a damn shame. Instead of 100,000+ enthusiasts getting the Bronco they wanted, there will be a bunch of people with super-sized bank accounts who wake up on a given Tuesday and say, "Ooo. That looks neat. I want one." And they'll go to the nearest dealer and buy a 2.3 AT Big Bend or 2.7 AT OBX with 25% Squatch in black, race red, charcoal gray, or silver. (nothing against those specs for those who want that! But there are other interests out there too) At first, these will be marked up 5-20k and sell at 5-10k over sticker. Then, by perhaps mid-2022, these will be selling at or below MSRP because the non-enthusiast walk-in market will have been sated and none of the lot models will match what enthusiasts in the area want.

I don't know if there is any opportunity for an allocation-exchange or lead-share program between dealers, but something like that might be the only way that a lot of enthusiasts get the Broncos they want within a reasonable timeframe. And I have to imagine that other dealers might not be interested in cooperating with any they perceive to be competitors - preferring to collect their 5K from the deep-pocket walk-ins while they can.

I hope a compromise can be reached between FMC and the dealers that improves on this situation. And good luck to Granger; you're too far from me to work with, but if you were not I most certainly would.
I'd agree that the enthusiast and the casual buyer have different tastes for sure.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger How are things looking for the 2022 F150 Raptor ? I’m on your list for the 2021 but I’m guessing the allocations are limited as well? Any chance of me getting a Raptor before 2023?
We are waiting to hear on 2022 allocation. We received 2 Raptors for 2021 in 2 months of production. But our rep has been out of the office for a few days, so I haven't gotten an update on 2022.
zach,
thanks to this forum, we have seen over the past year that ford kept changing the game to favor the crying big boys, with their bullshit reservation hijacks, reindealer games, market adjustments and ADMs, to the detriment of the smaller dealers like granger. i get it. ford will appease the big boys. i have not purchased a new ford till this year, in spite of purchasing at least 50 mobiles, probably 20 new, over my life. i have 3 more reservations (2 broncs, 1 lightning) with granger. though i have no brand loyalty, i am staying with granger. no matter how ford tries to ffff... you, i am keeping with you, albert, and granger. bruce
I appreciate the kind words Bruce.

What is an average allocation for a small dealer with not many reservations? Would it really only be like 1 or 3? Is there a general minimum every dealer gets?
Its hard to define "small" Last year we sold 25-30 Fords per month and my guess is that we would have received 10-15 Broncos for 2021 production.
Sponsored