Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang, with my Granger October reservation, this may push me to get a new two row Grand Cherokee for the wife and push my Bronco purchase out a few years. Wife's current lease is up in July 2022 and we need to do something by then. I'll still put in my Bronco order and hope for the best.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

What is Granger Ford going to do?

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Bronco Name Match.PNG

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

What can our reservation holders do?

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working harder than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
The concern I have is with my timestamp I should have made the 2021 list if Ford had their shit together. But my build/Badlands sasquatch 2.7 MIC, I got delayed/passed over. I believe that won't change in 2022, ford said in the letter you might want to change to a soft top to get built sooner. Allocations should be timestamps and reservation numbers period. Guess we'll be talking soon. I should be well within your numbers but can ford build it, so changing dealers won't matter.

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bingo! Woodhouse did it first, we didn't. The best ideas are stolen right? haha

Woodhouse received lots of pushback from other dealers as well when they started it all too. In the Des Moines area we got shopped against them all the time. This is just a new way of doing exactly what they've done.
Yes Woodhouse did a good job of expanding their market back in the day but now they are just as bad to work with as any other dealer in the Omaha/KC/Des Moines area. Had my reservation with them initially and couldn't even get them to pick up the phone or call me back to answer questions. Been up to the dealer twice since switching my reservation to Granger and nobody there knows anything about the Bronco or can even answer simple ordering questions, but they are going to get in all of their Broncos. I used to do business with them all the time and now they have probably lost my business for good. Getting big doesn't mean your doing things right.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang, this may push me to get a new two row Grand Cherokee for the wife and push my Bronco purchase out a few years. Wife's current lease is up in July 2022 and we need to do something by then. I'll still put in my Bronco order and hope for the best.
Exactly what I’m thinking!

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm very confused. How is a smaller dealership supposed to increase their sales if Ford won't allow them the allocations to do so.
And here is the question that has been asked by so many smaller dealerships for years! You can't grow your marketshare without product...As a smaller dealer, it is very frustrating for sure.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger
Are you and your team also active on any Jeep forums? If so, which one(s)?

Is Wrangler 4% under invoice or just Gladiator?

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How many people want to work the wkends. There already is a job shortage

I don't work in a UAW shop, but I have worked in a union shop (aerospace industry) for the past 9 years. If their contracts with UAW are anything like the ones I work under, Ford could require Saturday overtime based on the needs of the business.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My grandfather owned a gas station that my father worked in as a young boy. It was what you would picture as a typical small town full-service gas station in rural Iowa. He grew up around the gas station and that is where he learned his blue-collar work-ethic. It is also where he first started to sell used cars at the age of 16. Fast-forward to 1978 he purchased a Dodge store in Granger, Iowa and later in 1987 he purchased a Ford dealership in Dallas Center, Iowa. He then relocated the Ford store to Granger and become what is now Granger Motors & Granger Ford.

He had a saying when we would complain growing up. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” The last week has been a great reminder of that. Our staff, starting with Albert and now continuing with a 5-member team, has worked very hard over the last 16 months. Yesterday’s allocation announcement was a gut-punch. I tend to be a glass is half-full guy, and this certainly has been a test of that.

We have the Bronco6G community and a lot of loyal customers to thank for all their support and my responsibility lies with them. We want them to be taken care of properly. There is no other way to sugar coat it, the allocation formula does the biggest disservice to our customers. Ford decided to dip their toes in the “reservation” system emulating a method made popular by Tesla’s recent success. In the end, they couldn’t dive all the way in and reverted more closely back to the franchise/allocation system that has been in place for over 100 years. I get it. You want to reward the dealerships that have sold hundreds and thousands of vehicles on an annual basis. The franchise system also benefits the consumer because of discounts and aggressive pricing. If this was Tesla, there would be no discounts. There would be no Granger Ford.

To recap 2021, we received allocation of 203 units. This was on roughly 600 reservations we received before the allocation cutoff. It was reasonable to assume that moving from 6 to 12 months of production would safely bump our allocation to around 400. It was also a reasonable assumption that including all reservations as a factor, instead of just the September cutoff (1300+ reservations), would double our allocation count again to around 800 units. Adjusted down slightly, we were anticipating 700-ish Broncos for 2022. That isn’t how it is going to work out. Moving the “bronco” factor down from 50% to 25% and moving the factor from reservations to 2021 allocations was the worst possible scenario for our customers. We are left with 1075 orders converted from reservations currently. I would anticipate being able to fill 10-20% of our reservation count for 2022. That amounts to 120-220 Units depending on how production plays out. We received 11 for 2022 Model Year production start up.

So where do we go from here? Like I said before, our obligation lies with you the customer. So, whether you end up purchasing your Bronco from me or not, I want you to have a great experience and I want you to get your Bronco. So, there are a few things we can do as a store to help increase that allocation number.

1. Bronco Facility – There is a Bronco facility upgrade that dealerships can opt into. This can increase our 2022 Allocation by 18 total units. We are absolutely going to spend the money and sign up for this.

2. Bronco Sport Sales – 25% of the allocation formula is Bronco Sport sales. We are going to become better at selling Bronco Sports than Broncos. We are now offering 6% under invoice on a Bronco Sport order. We are going to get as creative as possible to shoot this sales number up ASAP. We are going to be relentless in this pursuit. In my mind, this is our biggest opportunity.

3. Share of Nation Sales – This is over a 36-month period, so it’s going to be the hardest number to move. But because of our loyal online following and progressive business model. We have quickly moved up 20+ spots in our region YTD and I anticipate being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, Ford dealer in the state of Iowa for 2022.

4. We are committed to only selling to our reservation holders - 100% of our Broncos delivered have been to our reservation holders. Ford lowered the dealer’s name match standard to 60% because other dealers seem to have trouble making that work. We have it down to a science and will continue to value long-term commitments rather than short term profit.
Bronco Name Match.PNG

5. Discount lock-in – We absolutely are going to honor our pricing agreements with our customers. $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice October special. This will not change.

6. Honest Conversations – Over the next 30+ days we are going to have open and honest conversations regarding your reservation and where you stand among our total reservation count. We will do our best to advise you of your best options and talk you through what makes the most sense for you. We are going to have your best interest in mind, regardless of whether you end up purchasing from us.

1. Hang in there – No, we’re not going to send you a hammock. But I know there are a collection of our reservation holders that are loyal to us and how we do business. Their patience will be put to the test, but we are going to do our best to give monthly updates on our allocation and progress that we’re making on Bronco deliveries as well as our other goals to increase allocation.

2. Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

3. Find Another Bronco Dealer – I have confirmed that Ford will allow transferring of reservations/orders. We have heard of ADM horror stories, but there are other dealerships who are treating customers right. While they may not match our discounted pricing, you can make some calls/send some emails to other dealers and see where they stand. If you choose to transfer, you’ll need to call Ford’s customer service line at 1(800)392-3673 and request a transfer.

The next 12 months are going to be a grind and we’re committed to working harder than we have the past 16 months. We are starting to reap the rewards of our labor and by the end of the year, we will have the pleasure of delivering 150+ Broncos to our reservation holders. I don’t want your sympathy. We signed up for this. If anyone deserves your sympathy it is our reservations holders, who in my opinion, only deserve the best. We will keep grinding and we’re not going anywhere. Hey! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Zach
Thanks for the honesty and transparency! I am not even a Granger holder, but I do have a question. What prohibits an earlier reservation holder from transferring their day 1-2 reservation to you and bumping a let’s say day 10 reservation holder out of your 22 allocation? That day 10 person could have been with you from day 1 and a new transfer holder could come to you and bump them out theoretically. Is that day 10 reservation holder just out of luck?

Reactions: LMB

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually prefer my reserved Bronco about a year from now at the earliest but that’s cause I got new vehicle at start of this year. However, it is frustrating to watch how this launch has rolled out and every month there’s even worse news. If anyone needs a new vehicle soon or is on the fence about giving up on the order now is a good time to bail cause it’s not going to get any better, it will only get worse. I’m sure some will chime in to say “dealers will mark up the abandoned order” so what, if you are moving on from Bronco it’s no longer your problem.

Ford is said to be run by engineers now and that is why the whole co will get worse. Engineers sometimes develop a god complex and think their ideas are the truth and the light but they lack customer service, input and satisfaction finesse. Same reason Panasonic and Toshiba were run to the ground. Panasonic even admitted that. Imagine if Apple was run by engineers it would not have the success it has today.

I’d imagine Levine goes into Farley’s office and says. “There’s a lot off pissed off Bronco customers already”. Farley rudely replies without looking up cause he’s playing Flappy Birds on his phone “Just tell them to switch dealers”. That’s what it seems like is going on at the monthly meeting.

Sponsored

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your dealership continues to impress with your transparency and customer service. I'm an October '20 res, so it looks like I'm stuck for a long time. Might have to break down and buy a Jeep in the meantime even as much as I loathe the pentastar. Either way, my next new vehicle is coming from Granger.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lol, my shit box isn't gonna last until 2025.

Five years to get a reservation built @Ford Motor Company? Seriously?

I'll buy a Wrangler out of spite.
That's kind of what I'm thinking right about now. I almost bought a Wrangler a while back, but found out Ford was bringing back the Bronco. All along I wanted a 2022 (that's when I pay off my mortgage). But heck, now maybe I will get the Wrangler after all and see if I like it enough to still want a Bronco in three or four years.🤷‍♀️

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Zach@Granger
Are you and your team also active on any Jeep forums? If so, which one(s)?

Is Wrangler 4% under invoice or just Gladiator?
@RBF 1401 Tricia, from what I have read it's the Wrangler, Galdiator, and the Grand Cherokee also. Oddly after I read the allocation post yesterday I was looking at the 5.7L Grand Cherokee TrailHawk. Now that it looks like I won't see my Bronco until 2024 or later, that GC is looking better and better. Expecially with this offer. Sadly it looks like after driving Ford's for 35 years this fiasco has soured me on any Ford ever again.

I bought my Wrangler JL in '19 as a holdover to the Bronco. I have absolutely no problem keeping it for a bit longer, and then get that Cherokee. Even if the 4% under is gone I will still drive 1100 miles to do do business with Zach @Zach@Granger, and his crew. I have never seen a dealer as honest as Granger. Even my local dealer that I have done business with forever has never been so forthcoming, and upright.

Cvali

Badlands
First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco Name Match.PNG

Zach
All dealers should have this mentality, I have but Ford's for the last 30 years. From Ford Escort Sport, multiple Thunderbird, multiple mustangs, multiple Explorer and Navigator. Wish you had a Dealer in California anywhere and I would be there. It's great to heir how you take care of your costumes, Ford should have this requisition for all Ford dealers.
Sponsored